Disney Visa Character Meet n Greet???

hip

Earning My Ears
We are heading to Disneyland next week. I have been compiling info. from postings over the past year (since our last trip), and I have a few questions about the Disney Visa Character Meet n Greet.

Is it still being held during the first hour and a half after CA park opening at Ariel's Grotto?
If DH and I both have a card (linked to the same account), can we both get a voucher for a free photo? We didn't even think about this last year, and only showed one card.
My Mom is going with us too and she has her own Visa, if she shows hers, can she get a voucher too?
Can we go every day of our trip and get free photos? Didn't think of this last year either and only went 1 out of 4 days.
Can these vouchers be used for any photos taken in the CA park, or just the ones taken during the Meet n Greet?

Thanks for any help in answering these questions. I want to be sure to get the most our of this perk.

Tricia

Can't answer any of your questions, but maybe you can answer one of mine. How long does it take to get from the front of the park to Ariel's Grotto? I'd love to get a free picture each day (you can do this at WDW, too) but don't necessarily want to run from one park to the opposite side of the other or from DTD area way back into DCA just to get a picture.

Yes, it's still held at Ariel's Grotto from 10:00 - 11:30. Note that the characters rotate with Chip/Dale and Goofy/Mickey each half hour.

You can get a voucher for each separate account. So, you and your Mom would get a voucher, but your DH would not if his account number is the same as yours.

You can go every day.

I was told on the message boards that you could use the voucher for any picture taken in DCA, but when I used mine, they would only let me use it for the ones from Ariel's Grotto from the official Disney Visa Meet & Greet. It may depend on who is working at the picture counter when you go to make the order.

I'll be there in 3 days - Can't wait! :yay:

Actually you and DH and Mom should all be able to get a voucher. When we went they let both DH and I each have a voucher and we only have 1 account, 2 cards. They don't look at the numbers, just glance to see if it's Disney Visa. And we also could pic any pics taken in the park. So give it a try, all they can tell you is no. And yes, you can do it every day of your stay.

Disneyluvr said:
Actually you and DH and Mom should all be able to get a voucher. When we went they let both DH and I each have a voucher and we only have 1 account, 2 cards. They don't look at the numbers, just glance to see if it's Disney Visa. And we also could pic any pics taken in the park. So give it a try, all they can tell you is no. And yes, you can do it every day of your stay.

When we were there in March, they specifically asked us if they were separate account numbers. Sounds like another case of YMMV depending on the CM working at the time.

They didn't even ask my mom for her card, they just asked if she had an account too. We only did it once on our July trip. I was a little bummed that it was Chip and Dale. I had only heard about Capt'n Mickey. Oh well free is still free.

Where do you get the voucher? Does it come w/ a package or do you call Disney Visa?

IandGsmom said:
Where do you get the voucher? Does it come w/ a package or do you call Disney Visa?

When you go to the Meet n Greet, you have to show your Disney Visa to get in to meet the characters. When they take your picture, they will give you a voucher for the free photo.

Tricia

Great info- thanks! gonna do this in a few weeks! :cool1:

I think this "perk" is one of the biggest advantages of the Visa card. We met Goofy and Mickey twice, had lots of interaction time with minimal wait, and received GORGEOUS pictures of our whole family...all for free! It's so worth it to make the effort to get there on your visit. Mickey and Goofy look so cute in their nautical gear! I'm hoping that next time we go we get to meet Chip 'n' Dale.

We did this 2 out of 3 days of our trip. The first day they gave my husband and I each a voucher. The second day, they specifically asked if they were different account numbers. They let us use the vouchers for any picture we wanted, not just from Ariel's Grotto.

It's a great freebie---wonderful one-on-one interaction with the characters. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the input. I guess how many vouchers you can get and exactly which photos you can use them for depend on the CMs working. We'll all show our cards each time we go, and be thankful for any freebies we get.

We leave in 2 days, and I can't wait!!!

Tricia

AStamm said:
I'd love to get a free picture each day (you can do this at WDW, too) but don't necessarily want to run from one park to the opposite side of the other or from DTD area way back into DCA just to get a picture.

WDW has it at Epcot west innovations.

Just thought I'd give an update from our trip last week. We visited 2 different days and each day they checked to make sure that the Visa account #'s were different before giving us 2 vouchers. We were allowed to use the vouchers for pictures taken elsewhere in the park - not just at Ariel's Grotto. Each day we chose one picture from Ariel's Grotto and one from somewhere else. One day we visited Ariel's Grotto twice to see the different characters (they change each half hour) - we didn't ask for or expect another voucher, and they specifically told us we couldn't get one - we just wanted to see the other characters, and they were very nice about that. I think this is a great perk of the Disney Visa!

Hi, I'm new here. I just wanted to thank you guys for posting this! We just recently got this Visa, and are going to DL in July. Here I was looking through all the info they sent with the card as to where the heck the meet and greet is at! Couldn't find it anywhere! So thanks so much. I can't wait to to use this perk.

Here's my update:

We were in the parks June 6-9. We made it over to Ariel's Grotto at the right time twice during our 4 days. We were able to get one voucher for each account (ours and grandma's). They did ask if they were separate accounts. We met Mickey and Goofy the first day. The second day we met Goofy right before he was leaving. There were no other families waiting, so we got to wait around a few minutes and meet Chip n Dale too. All of the characters were great. The interaction with the kids was wonderful. The photographer took her photos and then took some with our camera, and I took some of just the kids with our camera. The day we met 3 characters the photographer slipped us an extra voucher so we could get an extra free photo. She was fun. We didn't get any other photos taken in CA, so we didn't try to use the vouchers for anything but the Ariel's Grotto photos.

This perk and the free stroller rental saved us cash that we could spend on souvenirs!

Tricia

I have had a Disney Visa since they first came out and I can't believe I didn't know this! Do they do this all the time? Will I be able to do this in July and Aug.? Where do I get the vouchers and what time and where do we get our picture taken? I am a little confused! :confused3
Thanks
Stephanie

This is one of the special perks for the 50th celebration, so yes, you should be able to do it in July and August this year. The Meet n Greet takes place in Ariel's Grotto during the first 1 1/2 hours that CA is open. You show up at the door, show your Disney Visa, and you are allowed to go downstairs to meet the characters and have a photo op. The Disney photographer will take your photo and give you a voucher for a free 5x7. The characters rotate between Mickey, Goofy and Chip and Dale. Sometimes you get Mickey or Goofy, sometimes they are together. We had great character interaction. It's a private meet n greet, so only one family is allowed with the characters at a time. When we were there, it wasn't busy, so we weren't rushed along. We also took some photos with our own camera and the Disney photographer took some with our camera too. While we were there (1st week in June) the CM said they had about 20 families per day. She said on busy days they've had up to 180 families. I imagine on those days, the families are moved along a little more quickly.

This is a great perk, and well worth the walk across the park.

Tricia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter