• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

WAFDL: Now that's it's spring, and this weather should be getting warmer (sorry anyone living west of The Mississippi), do you have any organized races to start the season? I'll count Springtime Surprise next weekend.

Mine's more like the end of the season coming up. I perform better when the Temp and Dew is less than 100 (around 55F or less temps). That turn usually happens around May 1st here in WI. My racing schedule has been:

Princess 5k - 2:05 with G
Princess 10k - 42:53
Princess HM - 1:40:21
Shamrock Shuffle 10k - 42:42
First Call HM - 1:33:55

And remaining I have Parkinson's HM on 4/15 and Non-Cancelled HM on 4/29. After the spring racing season is over, G and I have some 5ks together on 5/27, 6/4 and 6/17.

WAFLE- Technically I have nothing scheduled for between now and DL 5k/10k. However, I just found a bunch of local races that I am looking into signing up for between now and then.

As an aside, just wanted to mention to people it might be worth looking into flying into San Diego instead of John Wayne/Orange County (SNA) or LAX, especially if you are renting a car. We had our flights booked to SNA and had been thinking about adding a short trip to San Diego. When we looked up tickets they were half the price through airline points on Delta. The drive is under 2 hours, which frankly is less time than it took us to go from LAX to the rental car place to our hotel in Anaheim near Honda Center on our last trip.

Last edited:
WAFDL: Here in So Cal, our race season is pretty much year round! We choose to take a break typically June/July-September, but we could find some toasty summer events if we desired. 🥵 We have:
April: Springtime Surprise Challenge
May: OC 1/2 marathon, La Jolla 1/2 marathon
September: Surf City 10 miler
October: Long Beach 1/2 (don’t love this one, but have to do it to get our Beach Cities challenge medal!😆)
November: Big Bear 1/2 marathon

I fought my FOMO and decided not to do Wine & Dine. Still a tiny bit bummed, but it was nice to get those DVC points back I guess 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve been looking at that! I was looking at the 10k though.
It’s the only in person race I’ve done because I started running during 2020, but it was an ok experience. It was pretty well-organized, the medal and shirt were nice, and you got food from the drive-in and a beer from a local brewery. Overall 3.5/5 just because the course was a bit boring without crowd support and I forgot headphones

Dopey Dumbo 71?

That way, anyone who is more sane and is doing Dopey to Dumbo without the 5K can still join in the fun and enjoy their extra sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter