Disneyland Halloween Half Marathon Weekend 2024

Love this! It works out so much better for my work schedule instead of trying to do WDW MW and then go to DL right afterward for the half marathon. I am kind of glad now I decided not to register for the DL half marathon. We will definitely try to do this, especially since Haunted Mansion Holiday should be open and we have not been in a few years.

January will be my one and done DL race, but I'm so glad they added another one for everyone that missed out on January registration! I love the theme though. Can't wait to see the medals and stuff for it.

I know Labor Day weekend is a traditional weekend for RunDisney in DL, but it really seems odd to 1) make it Halloween themed that early and 2) schedule a Halloween themed race for a timeframe when Haunted Mansion is closed for the overlay installation.

Krispy Kreme started doing pumpkin spice drinks in August so I've just about given up on complaining about Halloween stuff coming out too early, I've fully lost that battle.

Anyway, very exciting that they're doing this! Also interesting that they've moved the January races back a couple of weeks.

Phew, grabbed our VGC room! So excited to be using those points for what we actually intended them for! Also excited we grabbed club runDisney membership when it opened. As west coasters, the stress of registration plus getting fam to work/school was not fun!

For those not too familiar with DLR, October is one of the most insane months crowd wise. DLR Halloween decorations put WDW to shame. It’s amazing! 🎃👻 This new race weekend looks to align with DLR’s Halloween season kickoff, so it could also be crazy though! 😵‍💫😵‍💫

Also worth noting, as many commenters in their socials have, that there's no mention of Paris. Curious if that's due to ongoing construction or something else (not interested? not able? who knows).
Paris had different people in charge from what I remember. So I think there are different complications with DLP returning compared to the CA races.

We are planning a Disneyland trip in 2025 and I'd like to try and get the coast to coast finally. The January dates don't work with our kid's school schedule but early September would.

I did the Coast to Coast in 2006 before it was thing.

I know Labor Day weekend is a traditional weekend for RunDisney in DL, but it really seems odd to 1) make it Halloween themed that early and 2) schedule a Halloween themed race for a timeframe when Haunted Mansion is closed for the overlay installation.
If the HMH overlay timing is like this year, it will be open. HMH started this year on September 1st.

Also wondering if this race weekend might lean more towards villain themes considering the time of year
Both of the "fall" (DL is close enough) weekends should be interesting. My first thought was that they'd build something around the core characters with the DL theme, like they're doing with the January races, but they can definitely go with villains too. W&D feels like a total crapshoot.

Both of the "fall" (DL is close enough) weekends should be interesting. My first thought was that they'd build something around the core characters with the DL theme, like they're doing with the January races, but they can definitely go with villains too. W&D feels like a total crapshoot.
True I guess I’m thinking since it’s Halloween this kinda leans more villain that W&D. But could be wrong. They also could go with the fav 5 in Halloween costumes. Which I wouldn’t mind I love the Halloween versions of their outfits.

Why does it have to be tech weekend for me 😂😭

And a month after D23 Expo 🫠

Still trying to figure out how to make it work, though 👀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter