• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I just checked my DVC dashboard and my 10/8-10/9 reservation was cancelled. There were also several open days the following week, so wondering those were cancelations by DVC too. I was able to book 10/22-10/23 as it was showing open. I am still trying to use some banked 2018 points before they expire 11/30, but am losing hope --- no open dates in November right now.
Absurd if they don’t extend your points! Just so wrong.

Absurd if they don’t extend your points! Just so wrong.

there are many that say that Dvc will not extend the points since I could use them at wdw. Problem is I cancelled for now as I do not want to take my 82 year old mother right now and definitely have plans to go until at least March. Sigh.

I just checked my DVC dashboard and my 10/8-10/9 reservation was cancelled. There were also several open days the following week, so wondering those were cancelations by DVC too. I was able to book 10/22-10/23 as it was showing open. I am still trying to use some banked 2018 points before they expire 11/30, but am losing hope --- no open dates in November right now.

Sorry to see that. I saw a PP poster point out that in July that Parks were set to open before the hotels. If we are heading toward an opening, that could be a consideration again.

I was able to get a November add-on day just this morning for 1BR. I had it waitlisted for a long time, but was just sitting there (which is frustrating). There were a couple other days in November this morning. I think inventory is changing often, even intra-day as people's plans make all these twists and turns. It's a part time job to keep checking.

My predicition...

Guidelines from Newsom this afternoon, Disney announces tonight that parks open October 4 since they just sent out emails yesterday cancelling through October 3. This gives cast members two full weeks to get back and trained.

I would also stand by my previously posted date of October 16 too. Orange County should move up another tier on Tuesday and then another one a few weeks later, right before the park opens.

My predicition...

Guidelines from Newsom this afternoon, Disney announces tonight that parks open October 4 since they just sent out emails yesterday cancelling through October 3. This gives cast members two full weeks to get back and trained.

I would also stand by my previous posted date of October 16 too. Orange County should move up another tier on Tuesday and then another one a few weeks later, right before the park opens.
Hope you are correct!

Did you all see the press conference with the Anaheim, Buena Park and Garden Grove mayors? It was REALLY interesting and very sad/concerning about the economic impact.

WDW doesn’t have as many issues with tiered passes. Yes, they have Silver, Gold, Platinum, but unless you are a local or DVC, the majority of people get platinum. Besides some blackout days (and that is more like longer periods of times-summer, Xmas-not individual days here or there), the rest is the same. Same discounts, perks, etc. Not like Disneyland with the detailed blackout days and different discounts, perks.

Thank you! I was thinking if both parks had the same tiers then reservations would probably look pretty similar on both coasts. Since there is some difference I wonder if In DLR the higher tiers Will have the option for more reservations or a higher priority to make them.

We have 3 hopper tickets and are scheduled in November. We were originally supposed to go in May and my daughter was not going to join us. Now she may want to and I’m hoping we’ll be able to secure a ticket for her if the parks open... if not I guess she’s out of luck!

Does this have to be a press conference? Could it just be an announcement from the Governor's office as an official statement?

"Blah, blah, blah, I met with each theme park. I have given them the following daily capacity numbers and procedures to follow. They are allowed to reopen. Blah, blah, blah."

Does this have to be a press conference? Could it just be an announcement from the Governor's office as an official statement?

"Blah, blah, blah, I met with each theme park. I have given them the following daily capacity numbers and procedures to follow. They are allowed to reopen. Blah, blah, blah."
That's what I am wondering. I've even checked the state website to see if they "quietly" update theme park guidance.

Did you all see the press conference with the Anaheim, Buena Park and Garden Grove mayors? It was REALLY interesting and very sad/concerning about the economic impact.

As much as we’d all love to get back to the parks THIS is the real reason they need to re-open. The full economic effects have yet to be seen and the longer this goes on the worse they will be

That would be a PR nightmare. I’ve held all you millions of people up so my daughter can have this special moment? Yikes...

Can you even imagine? Omg. If Newsom even tries to take the glory after having Disneyland closed for this long...... please. Don’t even get me started. I’m not hopeful at all today. Hopefully for once he surprises me.

I had the same thought and I don't think he would want to be peppered with questions on the guidance (and possibly mis-speak in the process).

Also a big consideration: Any announcement would likely come after 1:00 PT, not noon, to be after stocks close for the day (or week, if Friday). I think the corporations would require (and be required) to have it properly released.

I had the same thought and I don't think he would want to be peppered with questions on the guidance (and possibly mis-speak in the process).

Also a big consideration: Any announcement would likely come after 1:00 PT, not noon, to be after stocks close for the day (or week, if Friday). I think the corporations would require (and be required) to have it properly released.
Exactly. Why hold a big press conference for theme parks when you know you are going to have a lot of pushback about it? Just quietly make a statement instead.

I just can't buy the "Newsom goes to Disneyland" rumors at all for many reasons:

3) It's not even his role to reopen Disneyland, he'll just put out guidelines and move on. Even those have to be vetted at the county level.

And let us not forget it is not "Opening Disneyland" it is giving THEME PARKS guidance on how and when they can reopen. Of course Disneyland would make a great background for the announcement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter