Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

What day does the GCV open to guests? I’m assuming that is going into the thought process for increasing capacity at BVS too. I watched a vlog on YouTube and they are speculating Cars Land and Pacific Warf will open for food and addition seating. So we shall see soon what new things they add.
December 6. We have reservations Jan 8-10 and are probably going, but waiting on those early reports to decide for sure!

Man, reading everyone’s reports of DCA being open (kinda) is giving me major Disneyland feels. I’m so glad you all get to get that experience! Better than nothing...

I’m really hoping once we get past this surge and that vaccine gets rolling we start seeing things look up. Or perhaps Disney will dial up the pressure- it appears they’ve backed off for now, which makes sense the public mood isn’t going to be too supportive of opening anything with cases being so high all over. Even people I know that have been fairly relaxed with their behavior have gone into lockdown. Things just feel different than they did when they released the guidelines.

There’s some great deals for hotels for summer 2021 so I’m debating just throwing down a reservation and keeping that hope open..

I could possibly get to say hi to Snickers and Francisco 💚:sad:
When I was there last night, the rope was up just past the Soarin bathrooms. I was looking forward to seeing Francisco too!
Interesting, I would imagine they are doing that to allow more people in, despite not really adding much stuff to do in the expanded zones. They should open up the wharf area so I can get my sourdough.
We spoke with a security CM who said that the DCA cats are all doing well and have formed a new, larger family group which hangs out together by Little Mermaid and Monsters, Inc. now. They like to keep a watchful eye to see what the CMs are up to. (Sounds like Roz, right?) This CM also said that Disney is working on opening up DCA more, so moving the ropes is part of testing that out. We saw where more social distancing tape lines had been put down beyond the ropes, so it really does look like plans are in place to open up more. Hopefully soon!

The Sheraton Park Anaheim has sent this email to guests with upcoming reservations:

Thank you for your interest in the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort and for booking your upcoming stay with us. We regret to announce the temporary closure of all hotel operations effective November 30th in light of the ongoing challenges surrounding the pandemic. You are therefore advised that your reservation has been cancelled but that we remain available to assist you in relocation to one of our Marriott sister properties listed below in the Anaheim Resort should you wish.

It appears that guests can request that their reservations be moved to the Springhill Suites Convention Center or Residence Inn Convention Center.

so you want the people who aren't working every day to continue to get paid for not working but the people who have been working this entire time and weren't getting paid to continue to not get paid while continuing. I feel so foolish now.

The laid off workers are getting paid by the state that won't let them work.

What are you talking about? No one was working and not getting paid, but they went on and on about how they are losing money yet reinstated their full blown salaries and their bonuses, that is slimy. I don't look at Disney with rose colored glasses, not even a little.
We won't go into the whole state paying them, because that's not exactly accurate either.

Hopefully next year will be better, and we may be able to get some kind of information about reopening.

The Sheraton Park Anaheim has sent this email to guests with upcoming reservations:

Thank you for your interest in the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort and for booking your upcoming stay with us. We regret to announce the temporary closure of all hotel operations effective November 30th in light of the ongoing challenges surrounding the pandemic. You are therefore advised that your reservation has been cancelled but that we remain available to assist you in relocation to one of our Marriott sister properties listed below in the Anaheim Resort should you wish.

It appears that guests can request that their reservations be moved to the Springhill Suites Convention Center or Residence Inn Convention Center.
I received this in email format from the Anaheim Element on 11/9, after reading your post thought others might find their projected date for opening enlightening.

Anaheim Element reservation
Good morning. Thank you for being a Marriott Bonvoy Gold Member. Our hotel has completed construction, however, we have decided to delay opening to at least 3/1/2021 due to COVID-19 as we await word on when Disneyland and the Anaheim Resort Convention Center will reopen. For your confirmation #00000000, please contact Marriott Bonvoy at 1-800-627-7468 and they will be able to assist you with cancelling your reservation and booking your rewards stay at a new hotel. I appreciate your understanding and hope that you will reach out to us the next time your travels bring you to the Anaheim area after our hotel is open.
Stay healthy and safe.

Potentially relevant to know:

Santa Clara county issued a mandate requiring a 14 day quarantine for residents that travel 150 miles outside the county and visitors from 150 miles outside the county upon returning/entering the county. Several counties (including mine: Contra Costa) have spoken out in support of this.

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid1...ory-directives-amid-steeply-rising-cases.aspx
I know the Bay is several hundred miles away from Orange County, but I do think it's relevant to be aware that some of the state is moving from recommended quarantines to mandated ones. No idea how they plan to enforce it, though, beyond the honor system :confused3 . I literally drove to Bakersfield and back (total of 518 miles; about 8.5 hours of driving) on Wednesday just for Cane's and no one would know if I didn't tell them.

Not looking good for me to go to DTD anytime soon, that's for sure. Glad I didn't sign up now for the AP early access to the spider bot like I almost did.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/d...ew1iU-vqf0IDZITbPDOeph35u8GaJrazd7xCB8oStpt4c
Saw this rumor roundup article today and the digital health passport instantly made me think of Disneyland. I could be wrong but I could definitely see California (well, Newsom) utilizing this and/or businesses using it as a pathway towards reopening. Be interesting to see if Disney hops on board. Or if the unions push for it.

I personally don’t mind it, just open up the gates. 😇

News for Premier APs: Refund checks beginning to appear.

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/11/disney-premier-pass-refunds-ba1/

I don't think that article is right. I received refunds for my Mom and I related to our Premier Passes. We chose the extension. I believe the checks that we received are for the non-availability of the water parks. I had seen that I would get a refund for that portion. The $ amount would make sense for the water park portion on the passes. And my pass still shows active in the WDW app and has now been extended into February.

I'm going to vote for putting safety prototcols in place then not closing at all like WDW. Rate of transmission is lower there too.
I meant more from the point of view of the guests. As a fan would you rather sit and wait for your park to be reopened 'indefinitely', or have it open knowing that it can be closed again any second.

Hong Kong had safety procedures in place. Only very strict guidelines. It was only 76 new infections that closed them this time.

Last edited:
Potentially relevant to know:

Santa Clara county issued a mandate requiring a 14 day quarantine for residents that travel 150 miles outside the county and visitors from 150 miles outside the county upon returning/entering the county. Several counties (including mine: Contra Costa) have spoken out in support of this.

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid1...ory-directives-amid-steeply-rising-cases.aspx
I know the Bay is several hundred miles away from Orange County, but I do think it's relevant to be aware that some of the state is moving from recommended quarantines to mandated ones. No idea how they plan to enforce it, though, beyond the honor system :confused3 . I literally drove to Bakersfield and back (total of 518 miles; about 8.5 hours of driving) on Wednesday just for Cane's and no one would know if I didn't tell them.

Not looking good for me to go to DTD anytime soon, that's for sure. Glad I didn't sign up now for the AP early access to the spider bot like I almost did.

I saw an interview with Dr Sara Cody public health director of Santa Clara County. She was asked about enforcement, in specific relation to LA County and how they are not enforcing, just recommending. She didn't give a straight answer and basically said that they are using an honor system in Santa Clara.

I meant more from the point of view of the guests. As a fan would you rather sit and wait for your park to be reopened 'indefinitely', or have it open knowing that it can be closed again any second.

Hong Kong had safety procedures in place. Only very strict guidelines. It was only 76 new infections that closed them this time.

As much as I want the parks to open (I miss it so much), I would rather wait for the parks to be able to open safely and indefinitely. The opening and closing would drive me batty. And with how the numbers in OC have been going, it is not looking good at all for the parks to open for a long time yet. I still feel like the "Orange" tier would be the sweet spot for the parks to open. Too bad we are back in purple and will be in purple for a long time now.

During a news briefing Monday, Newsom said state officials are working with public health officials to develop new public health mandates to stop the spread of the virus in counties that are under the state’s most restrictive purple tier, which now encompasses 51 of the state’s 58 counties. The restrictions would fall in line with the state’s strictest stay-at-home order rolled out in mid-March with some modifications, according to Newsom, though he did not expand on what those modifications might entail.

“If these trends continue, we’re going to have to take much more dramatic, arguably drastic action,” the governor said.

The new stay-at-home order, which could be unveiled as early as Tuesday or Wednesday, would mark the latest restrictions placed on Californians in recent weeks as coronavirus cases and hospitalizations surge amid the largest wave seen so far in the pandemic.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/11...ay-at-home-order-could-be-unveiled-this-week/

I saw an interview with Dr Sara Cody public health director of Santa Clara County. She was asked about enforcement, in specific relation to LA County and how they are not enforcing, just recommending. She didn't give a straight answer and basically said that they are using an honor system in Santa Clara.

It's not something easy to enforce especially with how much Californians drive around so an implication of honor system is really the only thing they can do despite it being a mandate and not a recommendation. They would catch people if they were staying in a hotel I guess? Those are also being regulated for only essential travel in that county.

I'm definitely going to be anxiously awaiting further news that seems to be coming soon like I wondered if would happen with the news from SCC. When the Bay locked down back in March, the whole state followed not long later.

I don't think that article is right. I received refunds for my Mom and I related to our Premier Passes. We chose the extension. I believe the checks that we received are for the non-availability of the water parks. I had seen that I would get a refund for that portion. The $ amount would make sense for the water park portion on the passes. And my pass still shows active in the WDW app and has now been extended into February.
Thanks for reporting back on your refund experience. I didn't think that article sounded quite right either, but didn't have any personal experience to go on. I'm going to put your post in the Official Reopening Superthread and in the thread about AP refunds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter