Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Same here, we were going to book through costco and last minute we changed our mind, and booked through Disney. We would have saved $500, and gotten a $205 giftcard, but we just didn't want to take a chances.
Out of curiosity because I have only booked through them once, maybe I'm missing something. But when you book through Costco, you actually leave their site and are redirected to Disney's site, so it's a Disney-based booking.

In fact, it's even a Disney URL: https://secure-bookdlr.reservations.disney.go.com/costco

So am I missing something that it's not a Disney-based reservation?

I haven’t been following anything in regards to what’s happening at WDW...so apologies in advance if this has been asked/answered. But if you have a Disney resort hotel reservation, do you automatically get a reservation into the parks? TIA!

Not in WDW, but is seems more plausible that if you have it booked say, 60 days out, DL could accommodate resort guests first. I believe I read about 2200 onsite rooms, so at 4 people per room, you have about 9000 people- and that assumes basically full occupancy. But officially, no.

Not in WDW, but is seems more plausible that if you have it booked say, 60 days out, DL could accommodate resort guests first. I believe I read about 2200 onsite rooms, so at 4 people per room, you have about 9000 people- and that assumes basically full occupancy. But officially, no.

Yep, there is a good chance they limit or stop reservations like they have done at WDW. If you guys are debating it at all, book a stay now, as long as it’s a room only reservation you can cancel for a full refund up to I think 5 days before check in.

There hasn’t been any official word on how it will work, but I Disney will have a lot of mad people if they’re spending $2k on four days at the hotel and zero time in the parks... so...

Two quick questions (I hope).
1) If I already have 5-day tickets and book and onsite stay separately, is there any way to link my existing tickets to my stay?
2) If I book an onsite stay and Disney throws a major curveball and says no one with an onsite stay gets any more priority than anyone else, are these stays cancelable without penalty?

This is some crazy math.... never though of it like that. and Potentially leaves alot of space for good neighbor and passholders

Out of curiosity because I have only booked through them once, maybe I'm missing something. But when you book through Costco, you actually leave their site and are redirected to Disney's site, so it's a Disney-based booking.

In fact, it's even a Disney URL: https://secure-bookdlr.reservations.disney.go.com/costco

So am I missing something that it's not a Disney-based reservation?

That is correct, however when everything went down last night, we woke up to Disneyland still holding our cart, and Costco not allowing us to checkout, no idea why. At that point due to that downtime we decided just book it through Disney and be done with it.

Could have saved, but not our first priority. First priority was to secure our birthday trip for our son, and not worry if something else happened.

1) If I already have 5-day tickets and book and onsite stay separately, is there any way to link my existing tickets to my stay?
2) If I book an onsite stay and Disney throws a major curveball and says no one with an onsite stay gets any more priority than anyone else, are these stays cancelable without penalty?

1. So from my understanding WDW doesn't function like DL. Your resort isn't even listed in the app the same way. I think it's tied together in a different way.
2. I believe you can get a refund up to 30 days before your checkin. That's the way WDW does it, and I think DL is the same.

1. So from my understanding WDW doesn't function like DL. Your resort isn't even listed in the app the same way. I think it's tied together in a different way.
2. I believe you can get a refund up to 30 days before your checkin. That's the way WDW does it, and I think DL is the same.
Thanks! I'm not sure I understand your first answer (I haven't been to WDW in 23 years :)), but if I have an onsite stay and tickets, that's got to count for something, right? Right?? 😂 Seriously considering booking Thanksgiving week. I must have done did lost my mind.

This is some crazy math.... never though of it like that. and Potentially leaves alot of space for good neighbor and passholders

It all depends on what capacity they allow. That gets into speculation so I won’t dig too much into that, but Hong Kong opened with ~30% approved capacity. Capacity seems to be around 80k... you can do the math.

What I will say though is if you are even considering it, and can afford it, book a hotel reservation now rather then waiting for an official announcement. You can always cancel, but if they close reservations you’ll be in a BIG guessing game with 3rd party hotels or day trip stuff...

Edit: I want to clarify that the Chinese government approved 30% capacity and on May 11th CNBC reported from Bob Chapek that they were “WELL” under that limit and would increase up to 30% by 5,000 people a week. Cover your bases if it means a lot to you this year. Reservations went down for two hours last night and I was crushed. I knew it might be a gamble for me this year and when it looked like one bet closed it hit me hard. As soon as reservations came back online I booked for October. No one knows what will happen, but if you can afford it, I can’t stress enough on booking now with the safety of knowing it’s fully refundable.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm not sure I understand your first answer (I haven't been to WDW in 23 years :)), but if I have an onsite stay and tickets, that's got to count for something, right? Right?? 😂 Seriously considering booking Thanksgiving week. I must have done did lost my mind.

That's the exact week we booked!

So when it comes down to it, WDW didn't give any priority, no matter what. So no telling what DL does.

1. It should be fine because your tickets link up to your account and Disney has your resort linked. It’s the combo that meets the requirement for park reservations if that is in place...they don’t link to each other, they link to your account.

2. Room-only reservations have to be canceled 5 or more days prior to your check-in date.

Reactions: EmJ
WDW did not give priority for onsite guests? Wow.

Not exactly, they did not guarantee park admission, which is separate from not giving priority.

Same as Christmas time, on park guests don’t get guaranteed access. But if you wake up early and use EMH and don’t leave, you’re good. If you sleep in until 3pm, you’re probably not getting in on a single day ticket!

This was the post, lol:

I posted this elsewhere, but here are the numbers for hotel capacity:

DLH: 973 rooms
GCH: 948 rooms
PPH: 481 rooms
Total official room capacity: 2402 rooms
(source: Disney hotel fact sheets)

Assuming 5 people per room (suites are included in that number) 5 x 2402 = 12,010 on-park guests.

Unofficial DL maximum capacity = 75,000 (LA Times)
Unofficial DCA maximum capacity = 33,000 (various)

So even with with packed full hotels divided by DLR's carrying capacity of 108,000 guests, you only approach 11.1% of capacity.

This was announced a couple of days ago. Don't really know much more than that.
Okay, so it sounds like in order to enter the park, you need to have a park reservation, and that merely having a hotel reservation will not get you in. I expected as much. I guess I am assuming that Disney will give onsite hotel guests first shot at making the park reservations needed for entry. Guess we will find out!

With such a liberal cancellation policy, I will probably go ahead and book the stay at Paradise Pier. You know... just in case ;)

Well I did it! You all are a bad influence, haha :P😂

I really didn't think I would reattempt this in 2020, but apparently I still have some hope left in there after all.

tenor.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter