Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

The initial tweet fueling this speculation said 12PM PST, I hope this was an innocent error and not a fake tweet, as it should be 12pm PDT. Wow, my paranoia and anxiety are really off the charts....

We have the 16th-19th booked at the DGC. Fingers crossed Sebastian says..."I bring good news."...your Disney Vacation will begin moving immediately....

Let's temper expectations since that original tweet was deleted, never addressed subsequently by the person who posted it, and was never corroborated by another source (that I know of, at least).

So y'all enjoy your lunch at noon since it's certainly possible that's all we are going to see today. :teeth:

Yes I completely agree. How is this not jumping the gun?

Theme parks have always been separately addressed with the governor. Plus, it hasn't stopped other entities from at least projecting a date out.. i.e. Disney holding to the release dates for Mulan even though movie theaters were closed, USH requesting to open in July (and have workers come in now), etc...

The fact that Bob Iger is on some sort of panel/committee (I can't remember which) with the governor leads me to believe they're not shooting in the dark, so-to-speak.

But you're right, it will likely be a twin announcement -- i.e. governor gives the OK for theme parks on Tuesday at noon and Disney follows up with plans an hour/day later.

I guess we'll find out soon enough! If we don't get news today, I would hope it'd be soon. That rumored opening date of July 16th has really taken off.. enough that Get Away Today were discussing it in their live video yesterday. I would imagine that, at least with GAT, they try not to encourage rumors that don't have much basis of fact? So maybe they know something we don't? It's all possible we're grasping at straws but what else is there to do ha ha!

Theme parks have always been separately addressed with the governor. Plus, it hasn't stopped other entities from at least projecting a date out.. i.e. Disney holding to the release dates for Mulan even though movie theaters were closed, USH requesting to open in July (and have workers come in now), etc...

The fact that Bob Iger is on some sort of panel/committee (I can't remember which) with the governor leads me to believe they're not shooting in the dark, so-to-speak.

But you're right, it will likely be a twin announcement -- i.e. governor gives the OK for theme parks on Tuesday at noon and Disney follows up with plans an hour/day later.

While I agree with all of this, it clearly states on the CA Reopening COVID site that theme parks are not allowed yet. I am sure they are coming soon, very soon. I just don't think they are going to give a day without the governor and OC Health Department giving an official okay first to the public. USH is requesting to open in July but they still haven't announced a hard date on their website.

So here in Texas we are already phase 3, and theme parks are all ready preparing to open. Totally different trends over here.

But Knott's California Marketplace is officially open correct?

I think more than anything we would get an announcement of the plan for phase 3 as far as Downtown Disney first. Same as what WDW did. From there they can choose to give some in-site into the parks. But Phase 3 does include theme parks and Anaheim is not on that "7 cities that must stay closed" list.

While I agree with all of this, it clearly states on the CA Reopening COVID site that theme parks are not allowed yet. I am sure they are coming soon, very soon. I just don't think they are going to give a day without the governor and OC Health Department giving an official okay first to the public. USH is requesting to open in July but they still haven't announced a hard date on their website.

No, theme parks aren't allowed YET, but Phase 3 officially begins in most of CA this Friday. City Walk is reopening several restaurants and some shops tomorrow. Downtown Disney COULD open right now, based on OC guidelines for restaurants and retail. An announcement of some sort by Disney needs to come soon, and since no one is expecting the theme parks to reopen before July, it is fine to make an announcement of an tentative reopening date. The Governor has already said that the rest of Phase 3 is only "weeks" away, which points to July. Nothing is going to change drastically in that time period. The R naught of the virus in CA is at a level which does not correlate with significantly increased transmission (it's currently been holding steady at slightly less than 1...currently at 0.98). This number is a crucial one when making decisions about reopening things. An R naught of less than 1 means that the virus will stop spreading. It has been under 1 since 4/23.

No, theme parks aren't allowed YET, but Phase 3 officially begins in most of CA this Friday. City Walk is reopening several restaurants and some shops tomorrow. Downtown Disney COULD open right now, based on OC guidelines for restaurants and retail. An announcement of some sort by Disney needs to come soon, and since no one is expecting the theme parks to reopen before July, it is fine to make an announcement of an tentative reopening date. The Governor has already said that the rest of Phase 3 is only "weeks" away, which points to July. Nothing is going to change drastically in that time period. The R naught of the virus in CA is at a level which does not correlate with significantly increased transmission (it's currently been holding steady at slightly less than 1...currently at 0.98). This number is a crucial one when making decisions about reopening things. An R naught of less than 1 means that the virus will stop spreading. It has been under 1 since 4/23.
I completely agree with everything you said. I live in California and pay attention to all these announcements too. I also have two different trips booked in July and have good faith one will happen. I am just saying I am doubtful of announcement from DL prior to the governor. Like you said, I think that we are "weeks" away from an announcement. They just announced zoos and museums. Phase 2 announcement were dragggggged out and staggered by a coupe weeks at a time and I think phase 3 will be the same.

I completely agree with everything you said. I live in California and pay attention to all these announcements too. I also have two different trips booked in July and have good faith one will happen. I am just saying I am doubtful of announcement from DL prior to the governor. Like you said, I think that we are "weeks" away from an announcement. They just announced zoos and museums. Phase 2 announcement were dragggggged out and staggered by a coupe weeks at a time and I think phase 3 will be the same.

The thing is, though, the governor isn't gonna give a hard date for theme parks with enough lead time for people (or Disney) to make plans. He will just say "theme parks may now open" or at most, give like a week lead time.

I guarantee we hear from Disney before we hear from the Governor.

The thing is, though, the governor isn't gonna give a hard date for theme parks with enough lead time for people (or Disney) to make plans. He will just say "theme parks may now open" or at most, give like a week lead time.

I hope so!!! I am so tired of waiting and the unknown. If the supposed announcement today is only that Downtown Disney is opening I will be soo disappointed. My gut tells me though that the governor announces in at least a couple weeks from now, then Disney announces directly after that hopefully for the mid-July opening.

WOW fingers crossed this has some kind of accuracy.

Lol.... the guy tweeted big announcement today at noon, retracted it, and all that remains are the comments above. I think either a) the guy tweeted something he wasn't supposed to or b) he was way off and deleted it outright.

I'm starting to think (b) but I like being surprised!

There's credence to this because he announced sports (no spectators), museums, etc... with a 7 day lead time (last friday to this coming friday).

I'm like 90% sure we'll hear from Disney first unless there's a conscious/coordinated effort to harmonize the two announcements, but it will always be a deferential order as in "We are planning to open July 17 subject to state and local governmental approval."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter