Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

lol I know what I own, but if they’re not ready with all the required changes, us owners can’t just force DVCM to reopen the resort.

it’s more likely that 6/22 the DVC resorts at WDW would be ready to go, so no reason to stay closed as they operate independently of the parks.

It wasn’t that they were legally required to reopen, it was more that there was no legal impediment to reopen (I know, tomato, tomahto)

I can’t speak for california but Florida has a LOT of timeshare laws. Shutdowns can only be done under certain conditions that don’t exist anymore. So at that point they have to open since they legally don’t have grounds to keep them closed. .

don’t know is cali has similar laws though so they may be good there

So now that they have an opening date, has anyone found out if the paid in full AP partial refunds will be for 125/365 of the cost of the APs? And any updates on when the deadline to make that choice will be? And when we'd actually see that refund?

I can’t speak for california but Florida has a LOT of timeshare laws. Shutdowns can only be done under certain conditions that don’t exist anymore. So at that point they have to open since they legally don’t have grounds to keep them closed. .

don’t know is cali has similar laws though so they may be good there

Ah forgot about Florida law, that makes more sense. Timeshare laws and case history there is extensive.

So now that they have an opening date, has anyone found out if the paid in full AP partial refunds will be for 125/365 of the cost of the APs? And any updates on when the deadline to make that choice will be?

IMO unlikely they will consider this date (7/17) as the date to restart the AP clocks based on procedures in place at Shanghai DL.

Along with everyone else, I'm curious about the ticket angle. I keep a Military Salute ticket to use throughout the year, and I've used 1 out of the 4 days already, so I'm curious to how (if) they will account for that.

@montreid Shanghai, if I remember correctly, made you buy your ticket when booking the reservation. But I have no idea how typical that would be for that location; that is, I have no idea if they typically always do day-of-attendance ticket purchases, or if they have a significant population that pre-purchases multi-day tickets. I believe Fresh Baked did a video about it at the time, and they stopped trying to make the reservation when it was time to pay.

I wonder how reservations will work for those coming from out of state with a 5-day pass? Will they be able to book all 5 days? If so, is that fair since so many people will want those reservations?

Since Disney World is not opening all of their resorts, they are moving reservations to the hotels that are open. I will be fine for them to upgrade my DLH to the GCH! Though I wonder if they’ll give money back if you’re downgraded to PPH?
Yeah. It’s interesting that only 2 hotels are opening. Is that a sign that capacity will be so limited they can’t even accommodate 3 hotels worth of guests?

At least it seems like 2 hotels + APs + existing tickets is the only amount they are comfortable with even allowing to attempt getting a reservation.

I wonder how reservations will work for those coming from out of state with a 5-day pass? Will they be able to book all 5 days? If so, is that fair since so many people will want those reservations?

thst isn’t known yet. It has been stated for wdw that aps will be limited in number of reservations. It’s assumed on site guests will get priority. Now for dlr where the good neighbor hotels factor in will be an interesting question.

though if universal Orlando is any indication there isnt a ton of theme park demand right now.

Yeah. It’s interesting that only 2 hotels are opening. Is that a sign that capacity will be so limited they can’t even accommodate 3 hotels worth of guests?

At least it seems like 2 hotels + APs + existing tickets is the only amount they are comfortable with even allowing to attempt getting a reservation.

Honestly, it points more towards them shutting down DLH completely so they can do the DVC construction much faster.

Or, they are going to refurbish the rooms at DLH (which is badly needed at this point).

ow that the day is here, just gotta say:

The speculation thread was late to the game, but became way more fun than the official thread. And in less than half the posts!

This confirms there was some good scoop posted here in the last couple days. Well done to those folks! :thumbsup2

Turns out all that rumor reading paid off.. I was starting to think I was losing my mind overanalyzing that random Tweet and then bam! Great fun. :) Such happy news, I'm really interested to see how things progress and how the reservation system will work.

Now can I get some news on Oogie Boogie Bash and Avengers Campus? ha ha!

I gotta throw this number out there, just so people know the scale of it and how much demand will weigh on DL in relation to WDW:
Population of Greater Los Angeles (Ventura, LA, OC, San Bernardino) = 19M​

Population of the Greater Orlando area (Orlando–Kissimmee–Sanford) = 2.6M​

I just don’t think the policies for multi-day ticket holders will be good. A local that lives 90mins from the park with multi-day tickets can live with 1 day out of every 7 (Shanghai DL’s policies), someone flying from OOS cannot.

Just on sheer population, DL will not need to accommodate OOS travelers at least initially.

Hopefully by October/November the caps will rise and multiple days can be reserved.

I gotta throw this number out there, just so people know the scale of it and how much demand will weigh on DL in relation to WDW:
Population of Greater Los Angeles (Ventura, LA, OC, San Bernardino) = 19M​

Population of the Greater Orlando area (Orlando–Kissimmee–Sanford) = 2.6M​

I just don’t think the policies for multi-day ticket holders will be good. A local that lives 90mins from the park with multi-day tickets can live with 1 day out of every 7 (Shanghai DL’s policies), someone flying from OOS cannot.

Just on sheer population, DL will not need to accommodate OOS travelers at least initially.

Hopefully by October/November the caps will rise and multiple days can be reserved.

the question will be what if somebody already booked a week long vacation in a Disney resort from oos before all this went down. Do cancel Then? Let them come but one park day? Let them have all park days?

these are not easy decisions.

Honestly, it points more towards them shutting down DLH completely so they can do the DVC construction much faster.

Or, they are going to refurbish the rooms at DLH (which is badly needed at this point).

They are refurbishing the rooms at the DLH. I got a notification when I booked our original trip, which would have been this week.

Turns out all that rumor reading paid off.. I was starting to think I was losing my mind overanalyzing that random Tweet and then bam! Great fun. :) Such happy news, I'm really interested to see how things progress and how the reservation system will work.

Now can I get some news on Oogie Boogie Bash and Avengers Campus? ha ha!

it’s not enough, I want more, I want it all! 😂

I want AP reservation details, park reservation details, food ordering procedures, haunted mansion refurb info, HM holiday overlay info, etc... haha

the question will be what if somebody already booked a week long vacation in a Disney resort from oos before all this went down. Do cancel Then? Let them come but one park day? Let them have all park days?

these are not easy decisions.

not at all, the name of the game now is to minimize at-risk money and maximize flexibility. I’d probably advise OOS friends to wait until 2021 to pin down a week long trip.

I’m really interested to see what they do about Avengers Campus. It was pretty close to completion so I’d imagine (?) it wouldn’t take much longer to get it going. But would it be ideal to open it during a time of reduced capacity? And probably not during the holidays? Would that then push it to next year?

I would recommend booking on property hotels if you’re out of state. It’s what I’ve done as the most likely situation to cover my butt. Disney hotels are fully refundable up to 4 days before arrival, for everyone but the “opening week guys” that should be plenty of time for Disney to announce how they’re handling reservations for park access. Think for a moment though, if you were a corporation would you turn away $2,000 + likely higher food and beverage sales from an out of state visitor that needs to book four nights at your hotel just to be “fair” and let someone that had a 75 minute drive get into the parks? There is a likely chance that the local residents might not blow $100 for dinner in the park for two or three people and instead just get a small snack (corn dog or pretzel) and just leave a bit early to get dinner somewhere cheaper on the way home.

I think on property hotel reservations will be the gateway in since it’s a huge revenue driver for Disney, don’t hold off on booking until everything has been announced. They could close bookings at any time or fill up if semi-locals (think 2 hour drive etc) decides its worth a two night stay to have a good weekend, etc.

Look to when Galaxy’s Edge opened and on property guest had guaranteed access...

not at all, the name of the game now is to minimize at-risk money and maximize flexibility. I’d probably advise OOS friends to wait until 2021 to pin down a week long trip.

if not booked I agree but people with reservations booked months ago Before COVID are different. What do you do to them?

One thing to think about is there isn’t a lot at risk right now. Disney resort hotels are refundable up to a couple days before arrival. Most airlines also have flexible change policies right now. You might not get money back in your pocket if you book the cheapest fare, but if you’re 100% set on going in the next 12 months most airlines should accommodate that without change fees.

if not booked I agree but people with reservations booked months ago Before COVID are different. What do you do to them?

If it’s third party hotels... that will be really interesting how Disney handles that. That does seem unfair if they get preference (good neighbor hotels never got any other perks before) but if Disney says “no way” that could be more devastation to the local hotel economy and might not paint Disney in a good light when they come and ask Anaheim for tax breaks if they want to build another on property hotel etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter