Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Email I received from Get Away Today

Dear Guest,​
We would like to extend a big "THANK YOU" to all of our guests for your patience and understanding as we helped guests solidify their travel plans this past week. We appreciate it so much!​
While we await more information, we've received some questions regarding Disneyland® Resort vacations. Because of this, we've compiled answers to these questions below. Also, please keep in mind that things are changing rapidly. The best way to keep up-to-date is to watch for our emails and follow us on social media. We go LIVE on our Facebook pageat 10am MT Tuesdays and 2pm MT Thursdays to answer your questions in real time.​
In the meantime, please review our most recent FAQ:​
NEW TICKET SALES, CHANGES TO TICKETS: Why can’t I book Disneyland Resort tickets on your website? When can I buy new Disneyland Resort tickets? Can I add additional tickets to my package? Can I change my ticket type?
The Disneyland Resort has temporarily stopped selling tickets in order to make sure that those guests who already have tickets can get Park reservations, which will be required when the Disneyland Resort reopens on July 17, 2020. We don’t know when Disneyland ticket sales will be available again, however, we expect it to be after the Parks have been open and have a better idea of how the Park reservation system is going.​
If you’re just changing travel dates within the same year, you do NOT need to let us know. You will be able to add tickets to your vacation and change existing tickets (add or subtract days, change ticket type) if your ticket allows once the Disneyland Resort resumes ticket sales.​
PARK HOPPING & MAXPASS: Will the Disneyland Resort allow Park Hopping? If not, will I get a refund? Will MaxPass be available?
The Disneyland Resort has not announced anything official as to whether or not Park Hopping or Max Pass will be permitted, however, we understand that Park Hopping will likely be allowed. If Disneyland is unable to fulfill Park Hopping, we are confident that they’ll provide guests with some type of compensation. We also believe MaxPass will be available. If not, it’s our understanding that a value-add will be substituted in its place for those guests who have already purchased it.​
PARK RESERVATION SYSTEM: How do I make a Park reservation? Do I need to make a Park reservation on my own to visit the DISNEYLAND Resort? Or will Get Away Today make a Park reservation for me? Do you have my correct dates/I’m concerned my dates aren’t correct/Do I have to know my exact dates? Should I upload my tickets to the Disneyland Resort app? If I can’t make a Park reservation, can I reschedule my vacation or get a refund? Where can I find my ticket number to make a Park reservation?
We have confirmed that Park reservations will be required to access the theme parks when Disneyland reopens. However, we have not heard any details of how that will work, including how far in advance Park reservations can be made, or how long the Disneyland Resort will require reservations. However, we do know that the names and dates in our system will not be connected to the new Park reservations system. This means that you will enter your own Park dates, and can assign ticket names when the system is available. You will need your ticket numbers in order to access Disney's system. You will need to know your exact travel dates in order to make a Park reservation. You can find your ticket number located beneath the barcode within the attachment of your email itinerary, which you should already have.​
Get Away Today is not responsible for making your Park reservation, and you will be responsible for making your own Park reservation in order to visit the Disneyland Resort. Although Park reservations aren't guaranteed, we feel confident that by Disney stopping new ticket sales and having the advantage of getting your Park reservation information from Get Away Today as soon as we receive it, getting a Park reservation will be very probable.​
CANCELLATIONS: What if I don’t feel comfortable traveling, what are my options? Can I reschedule to next year? I didn’t pay my Layaway Plan off in enough time, do I need to cancel?
Get Away Today is currently offering unlimited reschedules without any fees through 2021. The best way to find out what your options are is to call Get Away Today directly at 855-GET-AWAY.​
If you did not pay off the tickets in your Layaway Plan, we can leave your plan as is, we just may not be able to send Disneyland tickets if they have not started to allow new ticket sales by the time you travel. If that happens, we can help you reschedule to later dates and apply your Layaway Plan and Peace of Mind Plan towards another vacation for the future​
GUEST EXPERIENCE AT THE PARKS: What will the Resort look like when it opens? Will there be characters, entertainment, etc.?
The Parks will look different when they reopen, but we are certain they will still be magical. Parades, fireworks, shows and select attractions and entertainment may not be available when you travel. You’ll want to check the Disneyland app for updates during your visit.​
SAFETY MEASURES: Will Disneyland Require masks? What safety measures will be implemented?
When the Disneyland Resort reopens, they will require all guests 2 years and older to wear a mask in order to visit the Resort until further notice. The Resort will be implementing additional safety measures in order to keep guests and Cast Members safe. These include, but aren’t limited to, temperature screenings, extra sanitation and limited touchpoints, social distancing, face coverings for both guests and Cast Members, and parades; shows and other high gathering locations will be temporarily suspended until further notice.​
HOTELS: Can I add a hotel stay to my ticket package/will I still get a discount for buying them together? It says online that I have to purchase tickets to book this hotel, but, I already have tickets, can I book it with an agent directly? Will hotels be having free breakfasts still and will their pools be open?
Yes! You can add a hotel stay to your ticket package and you will still be able to take advantage of our discounted prices.​
If you already have tickets, and our website won’t allow you to book a specific hotel stay, you can call one of our agents directly at 855-GET-AWAY and we’d be happy to assist you. Hotel amenities are subject to availability and are on a case-by-case basis. Feel free to call our office a few weeks prior to the start of your scheduled vacation to find out if anything in regards to your hotel offerings has changed. We are happy to help you with no-fee hotel changes whenever possible.​
HALLOWEEN: Have you heard anything about Oogie Boogie Bash?
We are awaiting more information on this popular celebration and will share once we hear anything is announced.​
EXPIRATION DATES: When will my DISNEYLAND Resort tickets expire?
Disneyland Resort tickets that were purchased on or before February 20, 2020 are valid for travel until December 31, 2020. Disneyland Resort tickets that were purchased OR upgraded to 2021 tickets on or after February 21, 2020 are valid for travel until December 31, 2021.​
The Kids Spring special ticket has been extended for travel through December 16, 2021. Please note that the entirety of your ticket needs to be used by December 16, 2021. Blockout dates of December 19, 2020 - January 4, 2021, March 26 - April 11, 2021; July 4, 2021; November 20-27, 2021 apply to the Kids Spring ticket.​
The Southern California Resident ticket expiration date has been extended through December 16, 2021. Blockout dates of November 21-28, 2020; December 19, 2020 - January 10, 2021; March 26-April 11; July 4; November 20-27, 2021 apply. A Southern California Photo ID is still required to use this ticket and must be presented at the Park for admission.​
If you have questions about which tickets you have, please contact us at 855-GET-AWAY.​
REFUNDABILITY WINDOW FROM ORIGINAL DATE TICKETS WERE SENT: What if I have the Peace of Mind Plan? Will my DISNEYLAND Resort tickets still be non-refundable after 75 days? I HAVEN’T RECEIVED MY TICKETS:
You have 75 days from when your tickets were originally sent to you to cancel your tickets. The 75-day window on tickets is for cancellations only and is set by Disney. After that time frame, your Disneyland Resort tickets will become non-refundable, but are still valid for use. If you have the Peace of Mind Plan, you will be able to cancel your tickets within the 75-day window without any additional fees.​
However, it's important to note that your Disneyland Resort tickets will never lose their value through Disney directly. Because of this, you can use the value of your expired tickets to purchase new tickets through Disney directly at any time. Remember, you don’t need to travel within the 75 day cancellation period, and we are confident a reservation will be available before the validity of your dates expires.​
Please note that the 75-day cancellation period only applies to Disneyland Resort tickets that were purchased or upgraded to 2021 tickets on or after February 21, 2020. Tickets purchased before this date do not have a 75-day cancellation window and can be cancelled through December 31, 2020. After that time, you can apply your expired tickets to new tickets at the Disneyland Resort directly.​
REMAINING QUESTIONS
If you have any other questions, please contact us at 855-GET-AWAY. We appreciate your support as we all charter this unknown territory. We are excited to help you make magical memories at the Disneyland Resort soon!​

PARK HOPPING & MAXPASS: Will the Disneyland Resort allow Park Hopping? If not, will I get a refund? Will MaxPass be available?
The Disneyland Resort has not announced anything official as to whether or not Park Hopping or Max Pass will be permitted, however, we understand that Park Hopping will likely be allowed. If Disneyland is unable to fulfill Park Hopping, we are confident that they’ll provide guests with some type of compensation. We also believe MaxPass will be available. If not, it’s our understanding that a value-add will be substituted in its place for those guests who have already purchased it...​
Thank you for posting this -- very interesting. I'm glad that GAT thinks park hopping is likely. MousePlanet doesn't think park hopping will happen. So we have one vote for and one against.

Interesting comments from Newsom today, who commented both on rising case and hospitalization data, calling it “sobering”, but also pointing out the harmful economic and employment effects of the shutdown. Not sure what that portends for the theme parks. The whole thing is really confusing.

Oh Newsome. It’s so hard to know.... our county officials here in San Diego are saying hospitalizations are slightly down or flat, and if you look at the data, they’ve remained pretty flat throughout this entire outbreak. Most of our issues are down in South Bay. I know Imperial County, which is East of San Diego County, is having MAJOR problems.

Anytime anything opens you are going to have increases.... but our hospitals are prepared and there are plenty of beds, and the counties have measures and stop gaps in place to prevent businesses from opening further. One reason Texas is having huge problems because they went from 20% restaurant capacity to 75% in like a month. Human behavior and choices are going to drive what happens next. I hope people make smart choices.

I could be wrong, but I think Disneyland is opening.

Email I received from Get Away Today

Dear Guest,​
We would like to extend a big "THANK YOU" to all of our guests for your patience and understanding as we helped guests solidify their travel plans this past week. We appreciate it so much!​
While we await more information, we've received some questions regarding Disneyland® Resort vacations. Because of this, we've compiled answers to these questions below. Also, please keep in mind that things are changing rapidly. The best way to keep up-to-date is to watch for our emails and follow us on social media. We go LIVE on our Facebook pageat 10am MT Tuesdays and 2pm MT Thursdays to answer your questions in real time.​
In the meantime, please review our most recent FAQ:​
NEW TICKET SALES, CHANGES TO TICKETS: Why can’t I book Disneyland Resort tickets on your website? When can I buy new Disneyland Resort tickets? Can I add additional tickets to my package? Can I change my ticket type?
The Disneyland Resort has temporarily stopped selling tickets in order to make sure that those guests who already have tickets can get Park reservations, which will be required when the Disneyland Resort reopens on July 17, 2020. We don’t know when Disneyland ticket sales will be available again, however, we expect it to be after the Parks have been open and have a better idea of how the Park reservation system is going.​
If you’re just changing travel dates within the same year, you do NOT need to let us know. You will be able to add tickets to your vacation and change existing tickets (add or subtract days, change ticket type) if your ticket allows once the Disneyland Resort resumes ticket sales.​
The Disneyland Resort has not announced anything official as to whether or not Park Hopping or Max Pass will be permitted, however, we understand that Park Hopping will likely be allowed. If Disneyland is unable to fulfill Park Hopping, we are confident that they’ll provide guests with some type of compensation. We also believe MaxPass will be available. If not, it’s our understanding that a value-add will be substituted in its place for those guests who have already purchased it.​
PARK RESERVATION SYSTEM: How do I make a Park reservation? Do I need to make a Park reservation on my own to visit the DISNEYLAND Resort? Or will Get Away Today make a Park reservation for me? Do you have my correct dates/I’m concerned my dates aren’t correct/Do I have to know my exact dates? Should I upload my tickets to the Disneyland Resort app? If I can’t make a Park reservation, can I reschedule my vacation or get a refund? Where can I find my ticket number to make a Park reservation?
We have confirmed that Park reservations will be required to access the theme parks when Disneyland reopens. However, we have not heard any details of how that will work, including how far in advance Park reservations can be made, or how long the Disneyland Resort will require reservations. However, we do know that the names and dates in our system will not be connected to the new Park reservations system. This means that you will enter your own Park dates, and can assign ticket names when the system is available. You will need your ticket numbers in order to access Disney's system. You will need to know your exact travel dates in order to make a Park reservation. You can find your ticket number located beneath the barcode within the attachment of your email itinerary, which you should already have.​
Get Away Today is not responsible for making your Park reservation, and you will be responsible for making your own Park reservation in order to visit the Disneyland Resort. Although Park reservations aren't guaranteed, we feel confident that by Disney stopping new ticket sales and having the advantage of getting your Park reservation information from Get Away Today as soon as we receive it, getting a Park reservation will be very probable.​
CANCELLATIONS: What if I don’t feel comfortable traveling, what are my options? Can I reschedule to next year? I didn’t pay my Layaway Plan off in enough time, do I need to cancel?
Get Away Today is currently offering unlimited reschedules without any fees through 2021. The best way to find out what your options are is to call Get Away Today directly at 855-GET-AWAY.​
If you did not pay off the tickets in your Layaway Plan, we can leave your plan as is, we just may not be able to send Disneyland tickets if they have not started to allow new ticket sales by the time you travel. If that happens, we can help you reschedule to later dates and apply your Layaway Plan and Peace of Mind Plan towards another vacation for the future​
GUEST EXPERIENCE AT THE PARKS: What will the Resort look like when it opens? Will there be characters, entertainment, etc.?
The Parks will look different when they reopen, but we are certain they will still be magical. Parades, fireworks, shows and select attractions and entertainment may not be available when you travel. You’ll want to check the Disneyland app for updates during your visit.​
SAFETY MEASURES: Will Disneyland Require masks? What safety measures will be implemented?
When the Disneyland Resort reopens, they will require all guests 2 years and older to wear a mask in order to visit the Resort until further notice. The Resort will be implementing additional safety measures in order to keep guests and Cast Members safe. These include, but aren’t limited to, temperature screenings, extra sanitation and limited touchpoints, social distancing, face coverings for both guests and Cast Members, and parades; shows and other high gathering locations will be temporarily suspended until further notice.​
HOTELS: Can I add a hotel stay to my ticket package/will I still get a discount for buying them together? It says online that I have to purchase tickets to book this hotel, but, I already have tickets, can I book it with an agent directly? Will hotels be having free breakfasts still and will their pools be open?
Yes! You can add a hotel stay to your ticket package and you will still be able to take advantage of our discounted prices.​
If you already have tickets, and our website won’t allow you to book a specific hotel stay, you can call one of our agents directly at 855-GET-AWAY and we’d be happy to assist you. Hotel amenities are subject to availability and are on a case-by-case basis. Feel free to call our office a few weeks prior to the start of your scheduled vacation to find out if anything in regards to your hotel offerings has changed. We are happy to help you with no-fee hotel changes whenever possible.​
HALLOWEEN: Have you heard anything about Oogie Boogie Bash?
We are awaiting more information on this popular celebration and will share once we hear anything is announced.​
EXPIRATION DATES: When will my DISNEYLAND Resort tickets expire?
Disneyland Resort tickets that were purchased on or before February 20, 2020 are valid for travel until December 31, 2020. Disneyland Resort tickets that were purchased OR upgraded to 2021 tickets on or after February 21, 2020 are valid for travel until December 31, 2021.​
The Kids Spring special ticket has been extended for travel through December 16, 2021. Please note that the entirety of your ticket needs to be used by December 16, 2021. Blockout dates of December 19, 2020 - January 4, 2021, March 26 - April 11, 2021; July 4, 2021; November 20-27, 2021 apply to the Kids Spring ticket.​
The Southern California Resident ticket expiration date has been extended through December 16, 2021. Blockout dates of November 21-28, 2020; December 19, 2020 - January 10, 2021; March 26-April 11; July 4; November 20-27, 2021 apply. A Southern California Photo ID is still required to use this ticket and must be presented at the Park for admission.​
If you have questions about which tickets you have, please contact us at 855-GET-AWAY.​
REFUNDABILITY WINDOW FROM ORIGINAL DATE TICKETS WERE SENT: What if I have the Peace of Mind Plan? Will my DISNEYLAND Resort tickets still be non-refundable after 75 days? I HAVEN’T RECEIVED MY TICKETS:
You have 75 days from when your tickets were originally sent to you to cancel your tickets. The 75-day window on tickets is for cancellations only and is set by Disney. After that time frame, your Disneyland Resort tickets will become non-refundable, but are still valid for use. If you have the Peace of Mind Plan, you will be able to cancel your tickets within the 75-day window without any additional fees.​
However, it's important to note that your Disneyland Resort tickets will never lose their value through Disney directly. Because of this, you can use the value of your expired tickets to purchase new tickets through Disney directly at any time. Remember, you don’t need to travel within the 75 day cancellation period, and we are confident a reservation will be available before the validity of your dates expires.​
Please note that the 75-day cancellation period only applies to Disneyland Resort tickets that were purchased or upgraded to 2021 tickets on or after February 21, 2020. Tickets purchased before this date do not have a 75-day cancellation window and can be cancelled through December 31, 2020. After that time, you can apply your expired tickets to new tickets at the Disneyland Resort directly.​
REMAINING QUESTIONS
If you have any other questions, please contact us at 855-GET-AWAY. We appreciate your support as we all charter this unknown territory. We are excited to help you make magical memories at the Disneyland Resort soon!​

FINGERS CROSSED FOR PARK HOPPING!!!! Thanks for posting, this is very detailed!

San diego: over the weekend our positive rate spiked from 2-4% average to 7.9% :( Mostly in the 20-30s too. This is expected.

I still believe we're going to move forward with DLR opening and hoping to that hopping is allowed! Don't us choose between Mater vs Big Thunder!

Really on the 17th, just want to step on the grounds and take in the years and walk down mainstreet--grab a churro. eat at bengals.

San diego: over the weekend our positive rate spiked from 2-4% average to 7.9% :( Mostly in the 20-30s too. This is expected.

I still believe we're going to move forward with DLR opening and hoping to that hopping is allowed! Don't us choose between Mater vs Big Thunder!

Really on the 17th, just want to step on the grounds and take in the years and walk down mainstreet--grab a churro. eat at bengals.
San Diego doubled its positivity rate over a weekend??? Did you have a massive decrease in testing or something? That is... not good.

So who wants to wager on when we will hear the official thumbs up or thumbs down from the State of California? We will have to hear something prior to the 17th... either “we’re on” or “were delayed”. Next week? One week before? July 16th at midnight?
Univ, Six Flags & SeaWorld hope to hear by Jul 1 as that’s all of their opening date if approved so I think we’ll hear in the next few days on state plans for theme parks.

You and I are looking at completely different data for San Diego. Or maybe interpreting it differently. I see percentage of positives at 2.91%. But it IS creeping back up. Which is to be expected with things open. Think we’ve made the decision to homeschool for many reasons next year.

I don’t think opening theme parks is smart. But then again i don’t think bars should be open either! It’s a mess!

Attachments

• A708ED20-55C5-4625-AD72-714D269FA28E.png
    A708ED20-55C5-4625-AD72-714D269FA28E.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 65F1EE42-080D-408E-93D2-5CCE55CC9901.png
    65F1EE42-080D-408E-93D2-5CCE55CC9901.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 6
If I am reading the park reservation information correctly, I would need a valid park admission to make a reservation. We will be in Southern California during the week of August 10th and would like to visit DL one of those days. Once the reservation system opens, does this mean I will need to purchase park tickets in advance, link them on MDE and then make the reservations once that system opens? I'm just worried that I won't be able to make a reservation and then I am stuck with DL tickets that I may not be able to use.

I know we only have the reservation system at WDW to go by at this point, I am just thinking they would likely use the same system at DL.

You and I are looking at completely different data for San Diego. Or maybe interpreting it differently. I see percentage of positives at 2.91%. But it IS creeping back up. Which is to be expected with things open. Think we’ve made the decision to homeschool for many reasons next year.

I don’t think opening theme parks is smart. But then again i don’t think bars should be open either! It’s a mess!
Same data; just different timelines -- you're looking at the 14 day moving average which is meant to smooth out the trendlines over time and minimize smaller daily spikes (like weekend testing lower absolute numbers) . At the same time, the 14day moving is slower to reflect a spike

Look at the last two days,
https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/cont...Epidemiology/COVID-19 Percentage Positive.pdf
I can't post our internal data, but the trendline for the past week is consistently climbing from the 2% marker since last tuesday -- been steadily rising and spiked over the weekend. Hopefully it'll flatten out and return lower but we are anticipating otherwise.

I think Legoland is also looking for a July 1 open. Hopefully both have better enforcement opening than their counterparts in FL.

I'm just worried that I won't be able to make a reservation and then I am stuck with DL tickets that I may not be able to use

I just checked the WDW Park Reservation page and this alert is part of the booking info. You can check Park Availability. DL should have the same message:

“Check to see if your desired date and park is currently available before purchasing your ticket, Annual Pass or package. Please keep your preference in mind when selecting your ticket. You will need to make your theme park reservation after purchasing.“

I am speculating that this is not good news for the possibility of DL reopening: https://www.latimes.com/california/...avirus-cases-a-new-daily-record-in-california I doubt Newsom would go backwards and start closing things that are already open, but I won’t be one bit surprised if he declines to open anything else. I guess we will see what happens with the other theme parks in the next seven days.
Selfishly, I am hoping that they will keep things closed and/or close them again if things spike, simply because we have a non-refundable VGC reservation and if cases are trending upward I doubt my parents, our traveling companions, will want to go. I'd rather it be closed and we get to reschedule than have to make the decision on whether or not to go.

Selfishly, I am hoping that they will keep things closed and/or close them again if things spike, simply because we have a non-refundable VGC reservation and if cases are trending upward I doubt my parents, our traveling companions, will want to go. I'd rather it be closed and we get to reschedule than have to make the decision on whether or not to go.
I’ll be really interested to hear what Sacramento has to say. At this point, I kind of agree that it would be almost a relief to not have to watch and wonder just how much danger we (and our community, upon our return) would be in. I’m not sure I would cancel just yet, as it is still possible things could change in the next six weeks. I just wish they would tell us *something*, even if it is bad news.

Does Newsom have particular days or times that he speaks? I’d be interested in watching.

If I had Josh's ear - guests doing this -- I would have police on-site ready to detain and process charges for assault and the guest banned for life from all parks.

Edit - poor decisions and actions have personal consequences in the private company world. When you're on Disney property, it's not public space. People forget this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter