Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

From my understanding WDW is 2 days of previews.

My suggestion would be KIS. Previews for APs 7/17-7/22. When DLR hotels open 7/23: regular tickets.

Sets up the reservation cutoffs easily and gives the large AP population space and CMs time to get back into the groove with people who are familiar with DLR and theoretically more apt to follow rules.

Selfishly, I am hoping that they will keep things closed and/or close them again if things spike, simply because we have a non-refundable VGC reservation and if cases are trending upward I doubt my parents, our traveling companions, will want to go. I'd rather it be closed and we get to reschedule than have to make the decision on whether or not to go.

I selfishly want the theme parks to open later as well. Because we are just not ready to go July 17 and I’d love for my APs to be extended beyond October. But i realize I’m being completely selfish.

I wouldn't doubt that there are a lot of people struggling with the decision of "to go or not to go" who wouldn't mind if the government just made the decision for them. Kind of like when I was a teen and a friend would ask me to go to do something I didn't really want to do. I didn't want to say no because I felt bad, but I also didn't want to say yes, so I'd ask my parents and tell them to say no 😄

Ohhh man, haven’t been online much the past two days and jump to the thread to see all this. 😱 Sad to see all these positive cases. I’ll be really curious to see what happens here! I really hope the statewide mask requirement helps slow things down.

I wouldn't doubt that there are a lot of people struggling with the decision of "to go or not to go" who wouldn't mind if the government just made the decision for them. Kind of like when I was a teen and a friend would ask me to go to do something I didn't really want to do. I didn't want to say no because I felt bad, but I also didn't want to say yes, so I'd ask my parents and tell them to say no 😄
I can’t believe I bought airline tickets last night 🤦‍♀️ Ugh. We have to decide soon too, because I have to notify The Boy’s school if we are going to pull him out in order to quarantine before leaving.

Ohhh man, haven’t been online much the past two days and jump to the thread to see all this. 😱 Sad to see all these positive cases. I’ll be really curious to see what happens here! I really hope the statewide mask requirement helps slow things down.
It stinks.

I can’t believe I bought airline tickets last night 🤦‍♀️
You're not the only one - I bought ours last week! Thankfully, our trip isn't until September, and I bought tickets because we were able to get cheap tix into John Wayne, which is always nice, AND they're refundable!

And I'm like you - I just want to know what's happening. This constant waiting and watching and speculating and the emotional roller coaster that goes with it is not my favorite thing. First world problems and all that, but still.

Reactions: EmJ
I can’t believe I bought airline tickets last night 🤦‍♀️ Ugh. We have to decide soon too, because I have to notify The Boy’s school if we are going to pull him out in order to quarantine before leaving.
Every US airline has a 24 hour cancellation policy!

1) What airline are you using? Curious what their cancellation policy is.

2) I read The Boy in the voice of Giancarlo Esposito (can't recall if he actually said "handover The Child" or not in Mandalorian, but I'll just pretend he did).

EDIT: whoops saw your reply above, disregard except #2

TikiTikiFan said:

Since I'm on some spam blocker locking me out for 35 minutes, replying here.

I had to step away from here since it became a WDW policy discussion thread as it relates to DLR, haha... no offense to WDW but that stuff can be a bit much sometimes.

I cancelled my DVC reservation in November... kinda bummed, but I had to do it early lest they start removing some of the point exceptions within the next week or so.

I'm now about 80% sure we will be pushing all Disney related trips to 2021, so I'm slowly wrapping up and preparing to cancel/reschedule anything I've laid out the last few weeks.

Last edited:
If I had Josh's ear - guests doing this -- I would have police on-site ready to detain and process charges for assault and the guest banned for life from all parks.

I'm sure it varies by state but from my understanding if you spit on someone you can get charges brought on you because other things spread via saliva too. I agree that we should have security on-site to deal with guests like this. I hope they made an example out of that fool.

I will be in the insane asylum if we are still living like this next June. Legit crazy town.

The university I work at is one of the ones working on the covid vaccine studies and I feel like all of us are peering in the windows like 'come on nerds* get this done!'

*it's okay to call someone a nerd if you yourself are also a nerd.. I think.

In some OT-ish news, I just got a reminder email from Disney+ that Hamilton starts streaming on July 3. I had forgotten about that, so imma go ahead and stick that in the "win" column for today.
My house is so, so excited about this!

• Love
Reactions: EmJ
In some OT-ish news, I just got a reminder email from Disney+ that Hamilton starts streaming on July 3. I had forgotten about that, so imma go ahead and stick that in the "win" column for today.

we were lucky enough to see it twice on stage and had tickets for a third before covid not only cancelled the show, it ended the tour outright :(

debating going to LA to see it again (if that production goes on), one of our favorite actors from the SF/And Peggy tour plays Lafayette/Jefferson now in the LA tour...if not, I guess I’ll just make @midnight star and any other LA people go and I’ll live vicariously through them 😂

In addition to COVID numbers rising, guest behavior is also an issue. Disney tracks CMs’ Fb and other social media. I hope Josh D’Amaro is very aware of trending concerns:

View attachment 503609
I'm sure it varies by state but from my understanding if you spit on someone you can get charges brought on you because other things spread via saliva too. I agree that we should have security on-site to deal with guests like this. I hope they made an example out of that fool.

That is absolutely incredible. What in the world are people thinking? I hope they person is prosecuted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter