Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

She is pretty legit but who knows. So many questions.

sorry all, just realize I was way late to the game! Distracted by Lakers and Dodgers!

Attachments

• 961B2167-A4D9-412D-8495-C4C9256622D4.png
    961B2167-A4D9-412D-8495-C4C9256622D4.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I understand it’s just a rumor. I don’t live in CA, so I’m not familiar with where their information gets posted. And the COVID.ca website that has been mentioned a few times takes me to a Canadian website. Just thought I would ask so I can keep an eye on things from Colorado.
Omg so sorry if it came off as rude, just wanted to make sure none of us ran with this with it with too much excitement!!👍 but DLgal gave the correct website

So we have now gone to DTD 4 times since it has opened. We don’t live within 100 miles. Why can we do that but cannot go to Disneyland? It would be an odd restriction, but at this point nothing the governor does surprises me.

I also worry about all the surrounding hotels and businesses that will still struggle if people from further away cannot go to the parks. The hotel we stayed at this time said there are 140 hotels in the area and only about 40 are open right now. It’s still like a ghost town on harbor. A couple more things are open. But not much.

In my mind not only would the theme parks be taking legal action against the state (because other businesses don't have to restrict customer access based on where they live) but I think Orange County/Anaheim would also take legal action because as you mentioned so many of the local businesses would still be hurting. Things might pick up a bit for some local restaurants, but if you cut out any tourists that would stay in the Hotels so much of the resort district will still be a Ghost town.

Omg so sorry if it came off as rude, just wanted to make sure none of us ran with this with it with too much excitement!!👍 but DLgal gave the correct website
You’re good. I was just looking for a quick website to check (without scrolling through a bunch of posts) in the morning. It’s an hour later here, and I’m heading to bed. Lol

The rumor only makes sense IF proximity restrictions relate ONLY to counties in purple tier. I’ll believe this when I see it :)

If there is a restriction based on distance from the resort I honestly feel for those of you who won't be able to visit for a while. But CM's will be so happy to return to work.

We all have had to sacrifice during this time. I hope those of you negatively affected will understand and be happy for those being allowed to work again.

Le sigh.

If there’s a proximity restriction, I’ll call and get my tickets refunded. Then the only money I have tied up in the State of California are Lanskys credits, and they’re good for two more years. And nominal in the scheme of things. It’s too bad. I WANT to come to California and give Disney my money, but Florida (if it’s not a covid wasteland) and Pennsylvania are topping my list again.

My husband looked up, there are 21,455 hotel rooms in Anaheim (just Anaheim, not Garden Grove) that he found on visitanaheim. That is A LOT of businesses that will suffer. I realize some people that live near by might decide to do a staycation, but still, that is a lot of rooms that will be empty if they restrict who can visit. I am hoping this rumor about restricting who can come based on where you live is not correct, for the sake of all the local businesses.

If there is a restriction based on distance from the resort I honestly feel for those of you who won't be able to visit for a while. But CM's will be so happy to return to work.

We all have had to sacrifice during this time. I hope those of you negatively affected will understand and be happy for those being allowed to work again.
I will be happy that CMs can go back work for sure! My heart breaks for the surrounding area economy.

The cruise ship "no sail" order only goes until the end of October. There is some controversy surrounding that (which I am not touching), but won't it be something if You (the royal you) can get on a Disney cruise before You can walk through the gates of Disneyland Park? Looks likely, at this point.

I thought that part of this whole palooza was that theme parks weren't supposed to be tied to the color tiers in the first place?

I never believed that. There is no way they would be the only business sector that wasn't, makes no sense. I know Dr. Ghaly mentioned convention centers not being part of the tiered system YET when asked on Tuesday. My guess is that is what was said/meant when asked about Theme Parks. Not that they weren't going to be part of the system, they just weren't yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter