Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I never believed that. There is no way they would be the only business sector that wasn't, makes no sense. I know Dr. Ghaly mentioned convention centers not being part of the tiered system YET when asked on Tuesday. My guess is that is what was said/meant when asked about Theme Parks. Not that they weren't going to be part of the system, they just weren't yet.
But "YET" is not what has been said since March, when all this mess started. If they are going to change the game now, why not just come out and say so weeks ago -- like right after July 4th? This makes my head hurt,..

But "YET" is not what has been said since March, when all this mess started. If they are going to change the game now, why not just come out and say so weeks ago -- like right after July 4th? This makes my head hurt,..
The whole game changed in September when the tiers were announced.

If theme parks are tied to the color system, maybe by the time OC reaches yellow, DL will be able to open! Just trying to be positive lol.
I'm probably one of the most conservative people on this thread and even I think waiting until Yellow is overkill. I agree not in Red but I think Orange would be okay, especially if they are restricting residency.

Not me :( I'm three states away. A distance limitation is fatal to our plans. Also to any backup plans for USH or Legoland Carlsbad. I HATE COVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not that I would be going anytime soon, my next trip isn't planned until May 2022 but I would be in the same boat being in rural NorCal.

Reactions: EmJ
If they did announce theme parks need to wait until Yellow, that would basically mean Disneyland isn't opening until a vaccine is out. The Yellow Tier is VERY difficult for any large population center to get to. Currently only three counties are there and they have very low populations:
Modoc County 8,777
Alpine County 1,101
Mariposa County 17,471

Daily new cases would have to be less then 1 per 100K that is about 31 per day for all of Orange county for two weeks... I'm just not sure if I see that happening any time soon.

And once again that standard would be WAY more strict than any of the other industries as indoor malls, restaurants, museums, etc. can all be open in earlier tiers.

It's 9:25 PST. The longer with no announcement, the more I think that tweet was just a rumor.

They never said there would be an announcement, just that the guidelines would be published tonight. They could just quietly add them to the website at like 11:59pm. No one will talk (or publish stories) about it until tomorrow.

They never said there would be an announcement, just that the guidelines would be published tonight. They could just quietly add them to the website at like 11:59pm. No one will talk (or publish stories) about it until tomorrow.

That was what we all decided last night was the most likely scenario, that, like the playground guidelines, they would just show up on the CA website.

I went back and confirmed neither the governor, governor’s official account, or CDPH even tweeted about it all. They just showed up.

I have a hard time seeing them tying it to yellow. Or any tier really. If they tie it to a color, they risk opening then reclosing. But if they did, I would expect it to be required to be orange for 2 weeks.At orange, most places can open to 50% capacity (churches, restaurants, even bars can open.). If they tie it to yellow, it will be after the New Year before it opens.

Everyone should write Gov. Newsom. Keep it dispassionate and stick to facts.

https://govapps.gov.ca.gov/gov40mail/

That is correct, my wording switched what I was meaning. That's what happens when you multitask....research endless academic journals on the effectiveness of diversion courts for grad school or concentrate on Disneyland updates? Sure, why not both lol

Not me :( I'm three states away. A distance limitation is fatal to our plans. Also to any backup plans for USH or Legoland Carlsbad. I HATE COVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't Legoland "open" in some form for guests? Places have been able to operate by going for the food and retail guidelines. I think the distance limitation would apply if a place decides to add rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter