Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I know within a few hours we will have an answer whether the Governor will hold off and hopefully work with the parks, or move forward with the plans none of the parks seem to be happy with. I'm just wondering which way he will go.

The fact that it hasn't seemed like a good working relationship since July and with Iger leaving the reopening task force it all has me worried. On top of that, yesterday the Governor vetoed AB 3216 which several of the Disney Unions were pushing for because it would have allowed hospitality workers to be "first in line" to be rehired if their jobs return. Such strange times.

I just need a moment to whine here with people who understand where I might be coming from. Bear with me...

I really really hope that CA releases its theme park reopening guidelines soon. I'm tired of waiting. I have tickets in hand, that we purchased in January of this year. I'm willing to pay a couple of nights to stay in an on site hotel even. We were supposed to go to DL JUST before everything shut down, but we postponed our trip because YDD was sick with the flu.

Like everyone else, I rescheduled multiple times. Only to be disappointed. ARGH!

We had a family trip with my sister planned for a week in Maui in July. That got postponed to next March. A couple of weeks ago, I told my sister that we're pulling out of the Maui trip. We got a refund on our airfare. My sister is still going. She's inviting some friends to join her instead. She's frustrated that we chose to cancel, but I'm not going to shell out $140 x 4 for 72-hr-beforehand COVID-19 tests at the last minute, with the possibility that it could be all for nothing if 1 of us tested positive.

My sister said, "I want to go on vacation! I haven't been on a vacation in over a year! I want to go to Hawaii, so I'm still planning on going if they cancel the 72 hr-test-beforehand rule by then."

When I told her yesterday of my frustration & sadness over DL still being closed with no reopening date, she said, "Well, over 1M people HAVE died from this disease worldwide." I got mad and snapped at her, "There's nothing I can do about that. How come it's ok for you to want to go to Hawaii but I can't be mad that Disneyland hasn't reopened yet?"

So there you have it. That's kind of how I feel right now. I took solace in my garden early this morning and cried about it while watering my plants. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to cry tears of joy once we are finally able to go again.

I feel really bad for all of the CMs who are being laid off. I want to go to DL. I want to spend some money there. I can't really talk about this on social media or with very many people I know in person. And holy cow, don't even broach this topic on the Community Board because you'll get skewered over it.

I have a whole lot of respect for Josh D'Amaro. I'm so glad that he's the head of Parks & Resorts now. He's the right person for the job. Him going in person to talk with the CMs and all that and apologize to them just shows how much of a class act he is.
I just want to give you a big virtual hug right now. And know that you have a quite a few shoulders here to cry on -- no need to go it alone in your garden unless that's what you want at that moment. You are not alone in this!

It’s a good thing I’m not at work today. Literally refreshing this page every couple of seconds. And on east coast time so that’s a long time to wait for possible news today. Coming to CA no matter what in a month (as long as we are healthy and united keeps our flight - only 14 people on it! 4 of that is us!) A DLR trip would be icing on the cake and the rate at PPH is crazy, but I’m not holding out hope. Moved on to researching all the other awesome things OC has to offer. Omg, the food options!

It’s a good thing I’m not at work today. Literally refreshing this page every couple of seconds. And on east coast time so that’s a long time to wait for possible news today. Coming to CA no matter what in a month (as long as we are healthy and united keeps our flight - only 14 people on it! 4 of that is us!) A DLR trip would be icing on the cake and the rate at PPH is crazy, but I’m not holding out hope. Moved on to researching all the other awesome things OC has to offer. Omg, the food options!
Restaurant wise make a reservation if they take them & call to make sure they are still in business.

Don’t stick to just OC! San Diego Zoo is open if you travel down to SD & SeaWorld has animal stuff + food festival on weekends (Knotts is sold out I believe).

If the rumored guidelines are accurate then it really feels like a political ploy to me. Possibly forcing theme parks to to take legal action in a suit they are most likely to win which in turn leaves the governor out of any negative press.

If it some kind of ploy it’s really sad to think he’s okay playing with his citizens livelihoods and his cities tax dollars

I wonder if we get an announcement today that states at the request of industry leaders we will be delaying the guidelines for theme parks to reopen. Maybe they really wanted to stall so they leaked the guidelines that they knew they didn't want so that people will get off the Governor and now they can throw the delay back on to the theme parks.

so I think Iger stepping down from the task force shows that these in some way have either not been discussed or modified. I want to think positive but I also think the Governor isn't going to change his mind on this. Again you are taking this out on everyone, instead of the locations with high numbers. The way NYC fixed it was block specific states till numbers dropped. You could do all kinds of other options and only minimally affect the way they run.

This isn't just about Disney either, sounds like Universal, Knott's didn't even know this was coming at this level. I think the planned idea of transparency on their part has dissolved. I think Disney and Universal can survive lengthy shutdowns, but Six Flags was already hurting a ton at this point.

Hoping for the best, but expecting what we have seen so far.

I wonder if we get an announcement today that states at the request of industry leaders we will be delaying the guidelines for theme parks to reopen. Maybe they really wanted to stall so they leaked the guidelines that they knew they didn't want so that people will get off the Governor and now they can throw the delay back on to the theme parks.

I think Newsome will go ahead and announce his guidance. Its apparent that what Disney thinks is safe is very different than what the California government thinks is safe.

I just think Disney wants to try and paint themselves as this victim, I think they’ve been given guidelines but don’t like them and it’s very smart for other theme parks to side with Disney because Disney has such a huge following. Let’s not even get into fans of Disney and how they are acting over all this which proves my point lol

I just think Disney wants to try and paint themselves as this victim, I think they’ve been given guidelines but don’t like them and it’s very smart for other theme parks to side with Disney because Disney has such a huge following. Let’s not even get into fans of Disney and how they are acting over all this which proves my point lol

I mean aren't they the victim right now? Their protocols at other locations have been far better than any other place you visit. The CM's at WDW are relentless on you if you even pull your. mask below your nose or attempt to walk and eat/drink at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter