Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Grand Legacy At The Park is officially reopening on Tuesday, October 13th. Our team is excited to welcome you back to your home-away-from-home safely. You can see all our Covid-19 safety precautions HERE.

Our pool is open for your well-deserved getaway. Did we mention FREE self-parking for all stays in 2020?

Book your next
staycation NOW.

No scoop. They sent out a survey about a month ago I think, asking questions about reopening.
Please see my post just above yours about posting offers. Is this an offer only for returning guests or an offer to anyone? If only for returning guests, please delete. Thank you!

Grand Legacy At The Park is officially reopening on Tuesday, October 13th. Our team is excited to welcome you back to your home-away-from-home safely. You can see all our Covid-19 safety precautions HERE.

Our pool is open for your well-deserved getaway. Did we mention FREE self-parking for all stays in 2020?

Book your next
staycation NOW.

No scoop. They sent out a survey about a month ago I think, asking questions about reopening.

Thanks, and OOPS-- I must confess as I was scanning I just misread the original post. It didn't register with me that "The Park" is part of the hotel name "Grand Legacy at The Park". I always just call it the Grand Legacy.

I misunderstood. But, glad to see a hotel opening. And interesting they were the host of the press conference with mayors and others on the roof deck. Thanks!

The part about how this is the best they will ever get until COVID doesn’t exist hits home. 25% capacity and 120 mile limitation are all that will be allowed for what? Two years? Three? Science doesn’t even know when/if this will “go away”... just... HOLY SMOKES.

It’s complete INSANITY. We move back to Texas November 30, so if the state’s guidelines hold, we won’t be able to come back to Disneyland until when? Covid is gone? A year? Two years? Three years? I have no idea what else is safe to discuss here so I’ll leave it at that, but my mind is blown.

Last edited:
Anybody ever go back to the very beginning of this board and re-read the first speculated dates of reopening? 😢 😢 😢
Im pretty sure I said Spring 2021. I still think Spring 2021 is the most realistic. November was my optimistic date but the way things are going I’m less inclined to think that a possibility.

I tried to cancel my Fairy Tale Suite reservation for December yesterday, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. They've been holding on to that (large, for me) amount of deposit money since last February and I could really use it but I just couldn't bring myself to cancel yet. I also have a back-up res for the same dates at GCH with the special rate, but I'm doubtful we'll be doing either one. If the parks DO open, I'm thinking this may not be the best time to splurge on the FTS, and it's hard to let go but man, I have 3 reservations on site and that's a lot of money just sitting in Disney's pocket for months.

I just don’t see us going back to a ‘no news for weeks’ place after all this. I don’t see Disney laying down for that.

I totally agree with this. Now that it’s come out that they were not as involved in talks other groups like hotels and stores will jump into the mix that are unhappy. I think a decision will have to be made very soon to keep companies and business alive.

I understand the rumored requirements are pretty 'strict' if they want theme parks to wait until 'yellow' but I can't imagine Disney not being able to comply with their end of it. But I wonder if the 'yellow' requirement is the main bone of contention or if the 25% capacity is too low for them to 'break even' based on staffing and running costs and perhaps the State won't let them move to a higher capacity fast enough.

IIRC WDW opened with 25% capacity and I'm pretty sure capacity has been 'upped' by now, but costs and staffing requirements in FLA may be different than in CA.

I understand the rumored requirements are pretty 'strict' if they want theme parks to wait until 'yellow' but I can't imagine Disney not being able to comply with their end of it. But I wonder if the 'yellow' requirement is the main bone of contention or if the 25% capacity is too low
I would bet money on it being the "Yellow" requirement (if accurate) that is the main issue, the travel/residency requirement isn't as a big of an issue. I don't think the capacity in an issue because it is pretty on target with other entertainment venues.

I can for see a requirement for the region (Orange, LA, San Diego) to be in the designated color (my guess is it will be Orange) before the parks of that region can reopen. That way all those traveling to the park are coming from the same tier.

Disneyland may be okay with the residency limits, but how long can the businesses of Anaheim survive with no guests! I teach Public school in AZ (5.5 hrs from DL) and we are on Fall Break. 6 of my 19 in person kiddos will be in San Diego next week. Another 2 will be in Colorado. People are traveling and it must be so hard for these hotel owners to see San Diego full while they are a ghost town.

Disneyland may be okay with the residency limits, but how long can the businesses of Anaheim survive with no guests!
But is it Disney's (or any other Theme Parks) responsibility to operate in a way that supports the neighboring businesses?

I do feel bad that so many businesses are struggling. But the same is true for many areas. Not just those in areas surrounding Disneyland and other Theme Parks.

In my mind both the Yellow Tier rule and the distance rule are worth pushing against. Mainly because none of us know how long the Blueprint for a safer economy rules will be in place. The idea that Disneyland and the other parks could not increase past 25% as long as the blueprint is in place is not good for jobs and is not good for the bottom line, and really doesn't follow science. (In Shanghai and Tokyo they have all been able to increase capacity safely as time has gone on.) And while reopening with a 120 mile limit may seem reasonable at first how long can Disneyland go without any Guests from Northern California or other states? We don't know how long the rules will last, End of 2020? Feb? April? Who knows. I don't think they want to say "Yes" to something now that will be causing bigger problems for them in few months time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter