Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I asked this in the flex pass thread, but thought I'd try here too:

Has anyone called to get a cancellation/refund on their AP after the expiration date? My parents just tried doing this, and the CM told them they were locked into the extension since their passes were expired (expired Oct 29th). I encouraged my Mom to call back since different CMs can give you different results, but not sure if they are actually out of luck. They had paid in full for their flex passes and never called in about an extension or refund before today (but I know the extension is the default for paid in full).
Just wanted to provide an update for anyone in the same boat re: expired APs and refunds. My parents called back about their APs and were granted a refund. The last CM they spoke to said it wasn't an option anymore, but yesterday's CM approved it no problem. Just goes to show you (as many of us know) to call back again to see if you get a different result.

So, is there a consensus about passes that have expired and disappeared from the app? (Mine expired last weekend) I did not choose the refund option. Will it reappear on its own, or do I have to call, or will we have to wait for opening (someday) announcements for it to reappear? :-/

So, is there a consensus about passes that have expired and disappeared from the app? (Mine expired last weekend) I did not choose the refund option. Will it reappear on its own, or do I have to call, or will we have to wait for opening (someday) announcements for it to reappear? :-/

I have the Premier Pass (so for both DL and WDW) and it expired about 2 weeks into this. And disappeared from both apps quickly. When WDW opened, it showed back up on the app automatically and even had extensions added on. In my case, it keeps extending every month another month for WDW since there is no opening date for DL so no idea when my pass will actually expire. I would assume that the same will be done for Disneyland to add it back once the Disneyland opening dates are confirmed.

It will reappear. FWIW, my AP expired in August, but I've been to Downtown Disney several times and had it scanned for discounts and it still works, so in Disney's systems, they are recognized as still valid passes.

It will reappear. FWIW, my AP expired in August, but I've been to Downtown Disney several times and had it scanned for discounts and it still works, so in Disney's systems, they are recognized as still valid passes.

Me too! My card works for the discounts too!

Just wanted to provide an update for anyone in the same boat re: expired APs and refunds. My parents called back about their APs and were granted a refund. The last CM they spoke to said it wasn't an option anymore, but yesterday's CM approved it no problem. Just goes to show you (as many of us know) to call back again to see if you get a different result.
Glad to hear that things worked out for your parents!

Some additional ticket extension info. Back in February I bought some Disneyland ticket's through a travel agency for a few Family members (not sure if I can say the company's name here). After our first planned trip got cancelled we continued to reschedule, but we all know how that went. The tickets say they expire at Dec 31 2020, I figured Disney would extend them out, but we finally got an email today from the Agency:

"We wanted to reach out to you because we know you've been patiently waiting for an update on the Disneyland Resort tickets you have that currently expire on December 31, 2020. We have been working closely with Disney and are pleased to let you know that we have received confirmation that those tickets will be extended. At this point, we don't have the extension date, but we wanted to give you this good news as soon as we had it."

They then go on to say you can request a refund but if you do plan to go to Disneyland when they reopen they recommend holding on to the tickets since none of us know when they will start reselling tickets again. I was 99% sure Disney would extend them, it's just nice to finally have official word.

Some additional ticket extension info.

Great info, thank you! You can use the "preview" button before posting to see if it's blocked. I think the name of the ticket seller would be helpful. But either way, thanks for the update.

Some additional ticket extension info. Back in February I bought some Disneyland ticket's through a travel agency for a few Family members (not sure if I can say the company's name here). After our first planned trip got cancelled we continued to reschedule, but we all know how that went. The tickets say they expire at Dec 31 2020, I figured Disney would extend them out, but we finally got an email today from the Agency:

"We wanted to reach out to you because we know you've been patiently waiting for an update on the Disneyland Resort tickets you have that currently expire on December 31, 2020. We have been working closely with Disney and are pleased to let you know that we have received confirmation that those tickets will be extended. At this point, we don't have the extension date, but we wanted to give you this good news as soon as we had it."

They then go on to say you can request a refund but if you do plan to go to Disneyland when they reopen they recommend holding on to the tickets since none of us know when they will start reselling tickets again. I was 99% sure Disney would extend them, it's just nice to finally have official word.
Great info, thank you! You can use the "preview" button before posting to see if it's blocked. I think the name of the ticket seller would be helpful. But either way, thanks for the update.
Agree -- thank you for updating on the ticket expiration date extension situation. As for the blocked travel agency name, if it 's the one I'm thinking of, try using the abbreviation. For some reason, that posts fine.

Agree -- thank you for updating on the ticket expiration date extension situation. As for the blocked travel agency name, if it 's the one I'm thinking of, try using the abbreviation. For some reason, that posts fine.
Thanks, And it looks like it isn't blocked. I'm just overly cautious :) The travel agent is Get Away Today.
We are opting to keep our tickets since we know we will eventually use them, but nice that a refund is also an option for those who may not be able to be flexible with their plans.

Thanks, And it looks like it isn't blocked. I'm just overly cautious :) The travel agent is Get Away Today.
We are opting to keep our tickets since we know we will eventually use them, but nice that a refund is also an option for those who may not be able to be flexible with their plans.

Woo hoo! Same boat here. Thanks for confirming!

So what’s everyone’s new speculation date? I’m thinking March based on the last shareholder meeting? I thought that was the word tossed out. We’re back from WDW (had a great time!) and now looking at our summer 2021... debating getting the hotel lined up because the deals are so good and just waiting it out from there. Figure we can switch to WDW if we had to (but man, if they aren’t open by summer that’d be serious trouble!)

I saw on the WDW rumor board of people speculating whether Disney would require a vaccine to enter the parks? I wonder if DL would do this, and if so, that would make the state allow them to open ?

I saw on the WDW rumor board of people speculating whether Disney would require a vaccine to enter the parks? I wonder if DL would do this, and if so, that would make the state allow them to open ?

I got a survey from Disneyland after our visit last week. It specifically asked how I would feel about them requiring either a negative test or a proof of vaccine as a requirement for entering the parks, so they are definitely considering it.

It also asked how soon I would return to the parks both WITH these requirements as well as WITHOUT them. I chose "Immediately, regardless of whether additional new precautionary measures are taken."

My guess is that unless they sue the state, or somehow the Tiered framework is ruled unconstitutional (there is a lawsuit in the works to address that), we are going to have to wait until at BEST Orange tier and the wide availability of the vaccine in CA. I think once the vaccine is introduced, the Governor will relent and allow theme parks to open in Orange, especially if they require testing or proof of vaccine upon entry.

My hope is that these ridiculous numbers don't result in proportionally massive hospitalizations or deaths, and the governor will realize that infection numbers alone shouldn't dictate everything. We will have to see how this situation plays out.

Worth noting, LA county is going hard. Shutting down ALL onsite dining in the county. No more outdoor dining for minimum 3 weeks, starting Wednesday at 10pm.

So what’s everyone’s new speculation date? I’m thinking March based on the last shareholder meeting?

That quote was misinterpreted. They said in the meeting "closed through first quarter 2021." They were talking about Fiscal Quarters. The fiscal year begins Oct 1 and the first quarter runs through Dec 31. So, they were saying they would remain closed at least this long.

I'm going to optimistically say April 1 anyway. That would be the most likely in terms of virus numbers coming down and a vaccine beginning to be distributed to the masses.

I'm going to optimistically say April 1 anyway. That would be the most likely in terms of virus numbers coming down and a vaccine beginning to be distributed to the masses

I’ll be curious to see how long it will take to be able to go mask free again in general- in the parks and without- once we have a vaccine. Masks were hard in WDW on the hot days- we made it work just fine but it did have me thinking if I’d want to wait until normalcy resumes before going back. But if that isn’t until much further in the future, then we’d just do it again and deal. It wasn’t that bad. I think it just made me sad to see all our pictures without our faces- I wasn’t expecting that to bug me as much as it did when we got back.

The reduced hours are what bummed me out the most- having the rides stop between 5-7 depending on the park sucked. I imagine Disneyland will open with similar limitations. Or maybe not? Who knows! So hard to predict what things will look like come summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter