Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering about the strength of the freezer section of the rooms mini fridge. Can it freeze those reusable gel/ice packs? I usually will take two sets to leave one in the freezer all day while I use the other set in a small lunch cooler.

Thanks

We stayed at AKL last summer and I ordered groceries from the garden grocer. I had ordered Uncrustables for my son which need to stay frozen as they go stale in about 24 hours. I placed them in the freezer and they all thawed and needed to be thrown away. It definitely wasn't strong enough to keep my already frozen sandwiches frozen.

We have our first stay at AKL in a value studio in Jambo and just wondering what are the sizes of the toiletries? With DVC rental points I know we only get towel and toiletries every 4 days but don't know how long the toiletries will last we have 4 people in the room my husband and myself, and daughter 18 and her friend 17. So really 4 adults.

TIA

We have our first stay at AKL in a value studio in Jambo and just wondering what are the sizes of the toiletries? With DVC rental points I know we only get towel and toiletries every 4 days but don't know how long the toiletries will last we have 4 people in the room my husband and myself, and daughter 18 and her friend 17. So really 4 adults.

TIA

I would plan to bring or purchase your own. The provided toiletries are standard hotel size (maybe 1-2 ounces). With a nice tip for mousekeeping you may get a hearty restock on trash/towel day, but it could be a stinky situation until then! :laughing:

Hello all, we will be staying Club Level May 17-24 and received the Lounge refurb letter. I wrote IPO and they stated that the lounge may be back to the 6th floor towards the end of my stay? Has anyone else heard this? Would love to see the changes!!
May

Karlius, Apr 26th - 10th, AKL

CJMickeyMouse, Apr 30th - 6th, AKL

Hokieinpa, 1st - 8th, Jambo House

Sdsatl, 5th - 9th, Kidani

Mimi, 8th - 12th, Kidani

Hibiscus, 8th - 12th, AKL

Mster425, 7th - 16th, AKL

Rer1972, 15th - 17th, VB

Rer1972, 17th - 21st, AKL

Tinman1717, 17th - 24, AKL CL

Ciera321, 17th - 25th, Jambo House

Arjones31, 22nd - 27th, AKL

Dizneyluv, 22nd - 27th, AKL

Chelsearenee, 22

nd - 30th, AKL

Wishicouldgomoreofte, 27th - 31st, AKL

Pixie36, 30th -Jun 11th, Jambo House

Hello!

We'll be at Jambo on a 5th Fl Value 1br May 7th-13th. I'm doing a TP room request and I'm wondering if any of those rooms on 5 have had the refresh completed? Anyone know the general status of the updates in general? I got the letter in Dec and was kind of avoiding the board so I didn't panic.

Last edited:
Hello there,

I am thinking staying at AKL in october 2017 because I love the 2 swimming pools but I can't find recent threads about the pool hopping between Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool ?

Is the pool hopping allowed between these two pools if you are NOT a DVC member ?

Thank you (from Paris, France)

After spending a week reading through all of the pages on the CBR thread, with the discounts released this morning I was able to book AKL for only $100 more than my package at CBR was (9/14-18)! So now I'll get to spend the next 2 weeks reading through here. LOL. Hello everyone! I look forward to reading what everyone has to say about AKL. This has been my mom and I's dream hotel for the last few years; so excited to finally stay here this year! :)

You can remove me from the list.....we just switched from AKL to CBR. We the free dining that was released this morning, the switch will save us around $3700 (I couldn't pass that up).

Hello there,

I am thinking staying at AKL in october 2017 because I love the 2 swimming pools but I can't find recent threads about the pool hopping between Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool ?

Is the pool hopping allowed between these two pools if you are NOT a DVC member ?

Yes, as long as you are staying on property (Jambo or Kidani), whether DVC or not doesn't matter. You may use both pools! :thumbsup2

We have had a great day at the resort
Got our room text when the plane landed at 11:30
Asked for a room near the elevator and got 4501, which is across from the elevator to the pool
Had great food in the lounge and getting ready to go to the camp fire
Movie later

We are staying concierge at AKL for the first time in november. Stayed at AKL many many times but not CL lounge. Can you give me an idea of current offerings in the lounge for breakfast and in the afternoon after breakfast before the hot appetizers at 5? Also, what's your favorite thing about the lounge? Thank you!

Hello there,

Guests of AKL and AKL-KV are welcome to use both pools. It is not considered pool hopping. :) Enjoy both!

After spending a week reading through all of the pages on the CBR thread, with the discounts released this morning I was able to book AKL for only $100 more than my package at CBR was (9/14-18)! So now I'll get to spend the next 2 weeks reading through here. LOL. Hello everyone! I look forward to reading what everyone has to say about AKL. This has been my mom and I's dream hotel for the last few years; so excited to finally stay here this year! :)
Congrats! We took advantage of a similar slight uptick in cost to us to arrange our first AKL stay. It was such a mistake ;) Hard to stay anywhere else now! You will love it!

We are staying concierge at AKL for the first time in november. Stayed at AKL many many times but not CL lounge. Can you give me an idea of current offerings in the lounge for breakfast and in the afternoon after breakfast before the hot appetizers at 5? Also, what's your favorite thing about the lounge? Thank you!
Lets see if I can remember well (I'm sure this won't be inclusive. I'm sure I'm forgetting some items)

Breakfast had
fruit
hard boiled eggs
pastries
cold cuts (like prosciutto, salami, etc)
oatmeal
Another cooked grain that I'm now blanking on. Maybe quoina? It was very good.
They also had a blend of brown sugar and toasted "grain" that could be a topping to either of the above, or the yogurt in the fridge. Whichever grain it was is the same one served hot
The topping was very tasty

Snacks included
cookies
nuts
gummy bears
jelly beans

evening (their children choices are no longer offered)
chef cooking a few offerings from restaurants downstairs. This varies a good bit I believe.
We had a tiny bread bowl with a curry dish in it, Another spoon with some sort of warm grain salad and one more I'm blanking on
olives
humus/tapende
cold veggies
variety of flat breads/crackers
cookies were out again, I think

desserts
This I seem to recall the least.
I know we ate some and we loved them but I'm just not remembering what we had

Okay I'm full :D :D
It was all so very good. It was our 2nd stay CL at AKL but this was the only time we stayed at the resort 100% of the time. So we used the lounge for all our foods for the day and next morning. We arrived during afternoon snacks and didn't head out till after breakfast the next morning so we had a complete cycle. The only change that disappointed me was the loss in the childrens table. But I was aware of it before hand. Thankfully DGD tried and liked the choices done by the chef that day

If you partake, try their sangria if offered. It was quite delicious.

Lets see if I can remember well (I'm sure this won't be inclusive. I'm sure I'm forgetting some items)

Breakfast had
fruit
hard boiled eggs
pastries
cold cuts (like prosciutto, salami, etc)
oatmeal
Another cooked grain that I'm now blanking on. Maybe quoina? It was very good.
They also had a blend of brown sugar and toasted "grain" that could be a topping to either of the above, or the yogurt in the fridge. Whichever grain it was is the same one served hot
The topping was very tasty

Snacks included
cookies
nuts
gummy bears
jelly beans

evening (their children choices are no longer offered)
chef cooking a few offerings from restaurants downstairs. This varies a good bit I believe.
We had a tiny bread bowl with a curry dish in it, Another spoon with some sort of warm grain salad and one more I'm blanking on
olives
humus/tapende
cold veggies
variety of flat breads/crackers
cookies were out again, I think

desserts
This I seem to recall the least.
I know we ate some and we loved them but I'm just not remembering what we had

Can you get those uncrustables or anything more substantial during snack time and some people said you can request beer during the day? Thank you!

We stayed at AKL last summer and I ordered groceries from the garden grocer. I had ordered Uncrustables for my son which need to stay frozen as they go stale in about 24 hours. I placed them in the freezer and they all thawed and needed to be thrown away. It definitely wasn't strong enough to keep my already frozen sandwiches frozen.

Good to know; we may just have to find another way to keep things cool. We have a very picky eater, so we have to find a way to keep the perishable things she will eat (specific type yogurt and soy milk mostly) cool/cold for the day. Thanks

Can you get those uncrustables or anything more substantial during snack time and some people said you can request beer during the day? Thank you!
No idea. They didn't mention any other offerings for the kids. Since DGD ate what was there I didn't ask either.

Yes, you can request beer and/or wine anytime during the day. They do however, serve them with the top off so no taking them to the room to enjoy later. This is a change from our last stay

Hi

Are non dvc people but guests at Jambo house allowed to use the community hall?

Thanks

I am a member of touring plans and used their fax room request service for my trip to AKL in October 2015. I got exactly what I requested, albeit a few doors down from the specific room I referenced. There are a good number of standard rooms that overlook the "people pens" (fire exit safety areas that are fenced to protect humans from animals and vice versa), so they're not the desirable views folks pay the increased price for in order to get Savanna view. However, they still offer good animal viewing and we got one of those rooms, with a bonus view of the barn that led to offstage where the animals congregated at various times of the day (the giraffes especially seemed to know when dinner would be served). I would go ahead and make any requests ahead of time and just confirm them upon arrival if your room text doesn't precede your arrival.

Even if you end up with the "worst" view at AKL, you can still take advantage of the wonderful animal viewing overlooks (basically big porches, some with rocking chairs) along the guest hallways. Step out and enjoy some time watching the view from somewhere other than your room. We mostly sleep in our rooms anyway, so I'd rather spend that price differential on beverages to sip on while enjoying one of those more public viewing areas. :thumbsup2 We often had the public areas all to ourselves anyway.

Excellent information! What room were you in? Did it have bunkbeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter