Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got really bit up one night while sitting around the outdoor fire pit at AKL. We only lasted 10 minutes out there because of the mosquitoes. But I've never gotten bit up in the room...

When I stayed AKV Club Level, I was not impressed by checking in up in the lounge. There were two cast members working and both were on the phone. I couldn't check in until one of them got off the phone. It was a very long wait. I think it would have been faster in the lobby where there are more cast members. Obviously you can have good or bad timing upstairs or downstairs. I'm just saying I wouldn't be upset about losing that particular club level "perk."

Also, I assume the person thinking about renting points for DVC Club Level knows that money isn't just the issue; availability is. There are only five studios and five one-bedrooms which can be booked individually or as a two-bedroom. It can be tough to get the dates you want even at eleven months out. If you want to check in on a Monday, for example, that Monday might be completely booked by people who are checking in days earlier and have it as part of their stay.

thank you for clarifying the 11 month mark... I will start thinking for other choices, my DD's heart is set on Jambo House! we will celebrate her birthday, so hopefully... I know November is a hard month.
We booked a value studio for this November, and David's and dvcrentalstore weren't really willing to try for a value studio since they're so hard to get. We ended up booking one directly through an owner. If you have your heart set on a value studio, you may have to go that route.

We booked a value studio for this November, and David's and ************** weren't really willing to try for a value studio since they're so hard to get. We ended up booking one directly through an owner. If you have your heart set on a value studio, you may have to go that route.
That is sad to hear! Did you found the owner here on the boards??

I have heard conflicting answers ~ if you are staying in Jambo House can you use the Kidani village pool? Thanks for your help! We are super excited to stay at AKL for the first time ever.

I have heard conflicting answers ~ if you are staying in Jambo House can you use the Kidani village pool? Thanks for your help! We are super excited to stay at AKL for the first time ever.
Yes you can use both pools. The Kidani pool has a great kids splash area. The Jambo pool seems larger to me and is conveniently near the QS restaurant Mara.

We've always stated at CBR, and we're pros at navigating that resort and knowing where we want to stay building/room wise; however, we're seriously considering staying in a standard view room at AKL for the first time this summer. Yay! The CBR thread has suggestions for best rooms in best buildings, but I didn't see (or may have missed that) in this AKL thread. With regard to standard rooms, are there any recommendations for buildings to request and reasons why? Thanks in advance!

I am SO excited to be staying at AKL for the first time in late October. I've always stayed Value and I'm excited to try something new :) I am in the same boat as a PP, also wondering, for a Standard View Room, if there are any areas of Jambo House to request?

We've always stated at CBR, and we're pros at navigating that resort and knowing where we want to stay building/room wise; however, we're seriously considering staying in a standard view room at AKL for the first time this summer. Yay! The CBR thread has suggestions for best rooms in best buildings, but I didn't see (or may have missed that) in this AKL thread. With regard to standard rooms, are there any recommendations for buildings to request and reasons why? Thanks in advance!

I am SO excited to be staying at AKL for the first time in late October. I've always stayed Value and I'm excited to try something new :) I am in the same boat as a PP, also wondering, for a Standard View Room, if there are any areas of Jambo House to request?

I posted about this very thing a few pages back, so you can try searching this thread for a good photo of the standard room view I had. Request a "people pen" view which will give you a partial savanna view.

I posted about this very thing a few pages back, so you can try searching this thread for a good photo of the standard room view I had. Request a "people pen" view which will give you a partial savanna view.
Great, I see it! Thanks! I had begun to scroll through some of the posts, but you definitely helped narrow it down! That is DEFINITELY a great "standard" view! Since I used a TA, should I have her note it on my reservation, or can I note it myself? Thanks in advance!

I did happen to see that and it does look like a good substitute for savannah view! Was that in a particular building?

I did happen to see that and it does look like a good substitute for savannah view! Was that in a particular building?
AKL is one building - Jambo house - and all regular rooms are located in that building. On the 5th and 6th floor of Jambo house are DVC villas. About a 10 minute walk away is a second building - Kidani - which is all DVC villas. Thus if you reserve a room at AKL you will be in Jambo. If you reserve a villa you get to choose whether you want Jambo or Kidani.
Jambo has 4 hallways, 2 shorter ones in the front called Ostrich and Giraffe trails, 2 longer ones in the back called Zebra and Kudu trails. For a standard view room reservationi if you want a partial savanna view a good choice is Kudu trail. If you want to be close to the Mara and the pool Giraffe trail is a good choices - but no partial Savanna views there. Post number 3 on this thread has a map of Jambo. The area between Ostrich and Kudu trials is part of Sunset Savanna. The area in the back between Kudu and Zebra trails is Arusha Savanna. The area beyond the pool fronting Zebra trail is Uzima Savanna.

So excited ~ we just booked AKV Jambo House for Nov 26 to Dec 2. The kids and I are so excited. DH won't admit it but I think he is excited too or perhaps just happy to have our location secured.
November

TeeterTots, 4th - 7th, AKV CL

DizDaD7, 4th - 12th, AKL

Dkrauss, 6th - 12th, Jambo House

Lovetotraveltx, 13th - 19th, AKL CL

Henry72, 26th - Dec 2nd, AKL

Smec73, 26th - Dec 2nd, AKL

Mickeyheart, 26th - Dec 10th, AKL CL

Mrsap, 27th - Dec 2nd, AKL CL

MemphisVanessa, 28th to Dec 5th, AKL

AKL is one building - Jambo house - and all regular rooms are located in that building. On the 5th and 6th floor of Jambo house are DVC villas. About a 10 minute walk away is a second building - Kidani - which is all DVC villas. Thus if you reserve a room at AKL you will be in Jambo. If you reserve a villa you get to choose whether you want Jambo or Kidani.
Jambo has 4 hallways, 2 shorter ones in the front called Ostrich and Giraffe trails, 2 longer ones in the back called Zebra and Kudu trails. For a standard view room reservationi if you want a partial savanna view a good choice is Kudu trail. If you want to be close to the Mara and the pool Giraffe trail is a good choices - but no partial Savanna views there. Post number 3 on this thread has a map of Jambo. The area between Ostrich and Kudu trials is part of Sunset Savanna. The area in the back between Kudu and Zebra trails is Arusha Savanna. The area beyond the pool fronting Zebra trail is Uzima Savanna.
Thank you SO much for this detailed information--it's super helpful!

Just upgraded my pkg to AKL standard view room. :bounce::bounce:

What's my chance of getting a room with a bunk bed??

October

PghPiratesGirl, Sep 29th - 6th, AKL

Kerim1983, 1st - 10th, AKL

HollyMD, 2nd - 9th, AKL

Vinotinto, 5ht - 10th, AKL

Disneymom1126, 14th - 22nd, AKL

Ruth B, 20th - Nov 1st, AKL

John's Mom, 24th - 27th, Boardwalk Villa

Can we be added to the October list? Our dates are October 11-15. Thanks!

Can we be added to the October list? Our dates are October 11-15. Thanks!
Here you go.

October

PghPiratesGirl, Sep 29th - 6th, AKL

Kerim1983, 1st - 10th, AKL

HollyMD, 2nd - 9th, AKL

Vinotinto, 5th - 10th, AKL

Utlegaleagle, 11th - 15th, AKL

Disneymom1126, 14th - 22nd, AKL

Ruth B, 20th - Nov 1st, AKL

John's Mom, 24th - 27th, Boardwalk Villa

hi all, we just booked a standard room over Halloween week. Do they have trick or treating and characters on Halloween? The activity guide doesn't say either, but i hope someone knows from experience :)
Also, how do you get from Jambo house to Kidani's pool? How far is it? Looks FAR

When i search room size, Touring Plans comes up saying it is 344 with two queens and a day bed.. but disneyworld.com's photos show only 2 beds and a table/chairs.. and it looks so small, like a value resort. We just stayed at the GF and the Yacht club. Yacht club shows 388 square feet but it felt just as large as the GF, we thought it may have been bigger even, however if the animal kingdom room is 40 sq ft smaller than the Yacht, it sure doesn't look like it! DD 4 would love a day bed to sleep in, so we don't have to take her inflatable bed. However, we have to have the two beds, not one king.

Last edited:
hi all, we just booked a standard room over Halloween week. Do they have trick or treating and characters on Halloween? The activity guide doesn't say either, but i hope someone knows from experience :)
Also, how do you get from Jambo house to Kidani's pool? How far is it? Looks FAR
Yay! We were at AKL last Halloween and will be at poly this year. They will release an activity guide closer to the date but as I recall it was tie dye shirts, a CM pumpkin carving contest and a Halloween themed movie under the stars. We were at tuskers for dinner so we missed some festivities. Go to kennythepirate.com and search resort calendars. I can't find my post asking the same thing!

Kidani is a 10 min walk but a shuttle bus/van runs continuously. Enjoy!

Yay! We were at AKL last Halloween and will be at poly this year. They will release an activity guide closer to the date but as I recall it was tie dye shirts, a CM pumpkin carving contest and a Halloween themed movie under the stars. We were at tuskers for dinner so we missed some festivities. Go to kennythepirate.com and search resort calendars. I can't find my post asking the same thing!

Kidani is a 10 min walk but a shuttle bus/van runs continuously. Enjoy!

wow a shuttle, that is nice.
dissapointing about Halloween day, I did look at the activity guide.. but like AoA it ended up having trick or treating and characters.. but the activity guide just said 'big blue pool party,' so i was hoping to find out some good news. I wanted to stay at the Poly so we could do Halloween there, but i didnt want to spend $480/night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter