Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all, we just booked a standard room over Halloween week. Do they have trick or treating and characters on Halloween? The activity guide doesn't say either, but i hope someone knows from experience :)
Also, how do you get from Jambo house to Kidani's pool? How far is it? Looks FAR

When i search room size, Touring Plans comes up saying it is 344 with two queens and a day bed.. but disneyworld.com's photos show only 2 beds and a table/chairs.. and it looks so small, like a value resort. We just stayed at the GF and the Yacht club. Yacht club shows 388 square feet but it felt just as large as the GF, we thought it may have been bigger even, however if the animal kingdom room is 40 sq ft smaller than the Yacht, it sure doesn't look like it! DD 4 would love a day bed to sleep in, so we don't have to take her inflatable bed. However, we have to have the two beds, not one king.

I can't answer about Halloween. The only place I'm aware of Trick-or-Treating & characters dressed for Halloween is at the Party at Magic Kingdom.

The pools are probably a 10 minute walk from each other. It's not a bad walk, but of course I don't have little ones!

As far as the resort rooms themselves: For a deluxe, the rooms are definitely smaller - more Moderate resort-sized. I do not believe there are any resort rooms at AKL that have 2 beds plus a day bed. There used to be deluxe (larger) rooms on the 5th & 6th floor pre-DVC days; those are long gone. The regular (non-Suite and non-DVC) resort rooms have either 1 King; 2 Queens; or 1 Queen and bunk beds. While the DVC Studios have a sofa that opens to a double-size bed, there is only 1 Queen in those rooms.

Does childcare book up fast? DH and I are planning on a kid-free dinner at Sanaa one night. Do I need to arrange for the childcare at Simba's Clubhouse 180 days out (which is today, actually)?

So i booked a week at AKL but now i want to split stay, so i am trying to modify the arrival day. They're saying that the room i have is not available. I don't need a new reservation.. i have a room and i want to arrive wednesday instead of saturday.

they put me on hold and then did the change, yay.. but it's not showing any update to the reservation on mydisneyexperience

Last edited:
Hi
We are staying at AKL in July and I have just booked the night time safari. Seeing we will need to be at Kidani I was wondering if I should book our dinner at Sanaa for that night or might the tour be a little bumpy for full tummies?
Thanks for any advice.

Has anyone checked into AKL club level and know if the lounge has been relocated for the renovation and if so, where?

AKL have had trick or treat in the past but doesn't seem to be consistence. Worth checking at resort on arrival.

....I've already checked out the website ownthemagic.com, but they only had a wastebasket from AKL that was for sale. Does anyone have any other sites that I could check out to buy refurbished/for sale 'old' AKL resort room items, like bed linens or lamps?

....someone else had also recommended a site a few weeks back, but that was really for WDW 'collectibles', not stuff specific to the AKL....

Hi
We are staying at AKL in July and I have just booked the night time safari. Seeing we will need to be at Kidani I was wondering if I should book our dinner at Sanaa for that night or might the tour be a little bumpy for full tummies?
Thanks for any advice.

We did the night safari and it was AWESOME! I think dinner at Sanaa would be a great way to start off your evening.

The vehicle goes very slowly, there are some bumps but I don't think that it would cause any tummy trouble. We actually had a little girl on our trip sleep lying on the bench seat for all but 5 minutes of the trip.

Here's a little tip: you can take photos through the night vision scope. Line up your phone/camera with the eye piece. We have cool photos of the animals and each other this way.

Does childcare book up fast? DH and I are planning on a kid-free dinner at Sanaa one night. Do I need to arrange for the childcare at Simba's Clubhouse 180 days out (which is today, actually)?
Over two stays totaling 14 nights I'm not sure I've ever seen one kid in there.

I think one of you is talking about the night safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge (hotel) and one of you is talking about doing the Kilimanjaro Safari at Animal Kingdom theme park at night.

The original question was about the night safari at the hotel. It's not the kind of bumpy that makes you motion sick. It's the kind of bumpy that would make you uncomfortable if you have some kind of medical issue which makes your body unhappy if jostled. Maybe a bad back, for example, or recent surgery.

In the past, you had to be staying Club Level to do the now-discontinued Sunrise Safari. You could do the Wanyama or Night Safari if you were staying in any room or dvc villa at Jambo or Kidani. Not sure what the current rules are.

Does the bus stop at AKL have monitors that displays ETA of busses?? Like the ones at POR?

Just upgraded my pkg to AKL standard view room. :bounce::bounce:

What's my chance of getting a room with a bunk bed??
The bunk bed rooms are booked as a separate category. I definitely have seen them under pool view and savannah view. I am not sure about standard view. I booked a savannah bunk bed room and that is how it reads on my reservation.

Another thought about the night safari at the hotel. When we did it last year, the night vision "goggles" were actually a... Monocle? Is that the right word? It only goes over one eye. So yes, you can hold it up to the lens of your cell phone and take a picture. But in order to do that, you are holding the phone and holding the night vision device and taking the picture.

On my iPhone 6, I found I had to take the photo by pressing one of the buttons on the side of the phone which are normally used to make the volume go up or down. I could not take the picture by tapping the screen the way I normally do. I just physically could not get my hand to tap the screen while holding the device to the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter