Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all:

We're staying at Art of Animation coming up in August. A few simple questions for a 1stimer

1. Are resorts currently accepting grocery orders?
2. Does the resort room have Utensils? Forks, Knives, Plates, Cups, etc?
3. I know the room has a refridge with a small, useless freezer. Does it have a Microwave and/or toaster oven?
4. We're going to bring some insulated water bottles. Is there a place to fill them with purified drinking water (not tap water, I'm a water-snob).
5. If there isn't a specific place for drinking water, does anyone know if the ice is purified, thus we could use melted ice as water?

I can't help with all of your questions, but I can with some.

1. This I do not know, We drive, so we pick up our own.
2. The family suites have plastic utensils and plates and cups. You can ask for more if you need them. Not sure what the Mermaid rooms have.
3a. The fridge we had the last two times was just a fridge with no freezer.
3b. The family suites have a microwave but not a toaster oven. Not sure about the Mermaid section.
4. Disney has some bottle refill stations, but I don't know if there are any at the resort. We usually get a few gallons of purified water and refill our bottles from those. You can also get cups of water free from restaurants. (this is purified) It used to be all quick serve but Covid changed that somewhat. You can still get it, but it may not be at all locations. Landscape of flavors should be able to give you some. I've read that the Starbucks will give you a large water too, you may have to order something else though.
5. Not sure, but I've made ice with purified water and it still didn't taste good when it melted, ymmv.

I hope some of this helps. Have a great time. We've stayed at Art of Animation several times and love it!

We just stayed at a Family Suite and it did not have a microwave. I think YMMV.

We did get two Instacart deliveries for Publix!

Would a Family Suite accommodate 2 (larger sized) ECV's? We will have two with ECV's in our party. If you did this, where did you park them in the room? Thanks! We are looking forward to our first stay in a family suite next year.

Would a Family Suite accommodate 2 (larger sized) ECV's? We will have two with ECV's in our party. If you did this, where did you park them in the room? Thanks! We are looking forward to our first stay in a family suite next year.
Are you using all 3 beds? You could park one by the sink pretty easily; a second might be tough with all 3 beds in use if you were trying not to block the door or put it in a restroom.

3. I know the room has a refridge with a small, useless freezer.
Some rooms still have the small useless freezer, but as those break, they’re replacing them with Fridge Only units.

The family suites at All Star Music have a full size fridge with a real freezer if you need that for whatever reason. Still no toaster.

Does the resort have buses to DHS and Epcot in the morning, or is the skyliner the only option?

And, if they do have both, does anyone know if one option is the better choice for rope drop?

Does the resort have buses to DHS and Epcot in the morning, or is the skyliner the only option?

And, if they do have both, does anyone know if one option is the better choice for rope drop?
Bus and Skyliner.

Skyliner is the best option by far BUT you have to be there EARLY for DHS Rope Drop.

Here is our experience from last Sunday:

Pop Century/AoA Skyliner Station opened at 7:34 AM

Boarding began at 7:38 AM

We Boarded at 7:42 AM

Arrived at CBR Station at 7:45 AM

Boarding had already begun to DHS and we boarded at 7:51 AM

Arrived at DHS Station at 7:56 AM

Security Screening opened at 8:00 AM so we made it with a couple of minutes to spare and weren't too terribly far back in line.

The line did build rapidly behind us.

Bus and Skyliner.

Skyliner is the best option by far BUT you have to be there EARLY for DHS Rope Drop.

Here is our experience from last Sunday:

Pop Century/AoA Skyliner Station opened at 7:34 AM

Boarding began at 7:38 AM

We Boarded at 7:42 AM

Arrived at CBR Station at 7:45 AM

Boarding had already begun to DHS and we boarded at 7:51 AM

Arrived at DHS Station at 7:56 AM

Security Screening opened at 8:00 AM so we made it with a couple of minutes to spare and weren't too terribly far back in line.

The line did build rapidly behind us.
When did you line up?

Thanks so much! Did you rope drop Epcot via skyliner? If so, how did that go?
We were flying out of PopArt Station at 10:00 AM and made it to the Epcot Rope Drop with about 5 minutes to spare.

The Rope Drop for International Gateway Guests is currently by The Mill Stage in Canada and happened at 10:30 AM.

Can someone please share the booking categories? The first post seems very outdated and I didn't see it in the last 10 pages I've read. We are frequent visitors at Pop and are used to the standard/pool/preferred/preferred pool. Is there an equivalent at AOA? If so, is there a map that shows which is which?

Can someone please share the booking categories? The first post seems very outdated and I didn't see it in the last 10 pages I've read. We are frequent visitors at Pop and are used to the standard/pool/preferred/preferred pool. Is there an equivalent at AOA? If so, is there a map that shows which is which?

I like to use the MouseSavers resort rate pages as a reference for booking categories: https://www.mousesavers.com/2021-art-of-animation-room-rates-season-dates/

That said, the booking categories at AoA are by section rather than what you're used to with Pop:

The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms
Family Suites
The Lion King Family Suites
Cars Family Suites
Finding Nemo Family Suites

I like to use the MouseSavers resort rate pages as a reference for booking categories: https://www.mousesavers.com/2021-art-of-animation-room-rates-season-dates/

That said, the booking categories at AoA are by section rather than what you're used to with Pop:

The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms
Family Suites
The Lion King Family Suites
Cars Family Suites
Finding Nemo Family Suites

Actually, I'm still a little confused though.... If I book the generic "Family Suites", doea that just mean I'm willing to be placed in any section? It does seem to be slightly cheaper... so paying a little more guarantees the section, and if you don't care, you get to pay a bit less?

Actually, I'm still a little confused though.... If I book the generic "Family Suites", doea that just mean I'm willing to be placed in any section? It does seem to be slightly cheaper... so paying a little more guarantees the section, and if you don't care, you get to pay a bit less?
Yes, that's exactly it! :)

So I booked a last minute trip. In doing so, I have to pickup my magic bands at the hotel. Is there a point to doing online check in if I need to go to the front desk anyways to pick them up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter