Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Skyliner, especially in the morning, is all fine and dandy until you get to CBR and are faced with the massive queue for the other two routes. Not sure if bus transportation is available but it may be faster since everyone wants to take the Skyliner.
That is a good point. I feel the line moves fairly fast at CBR, but I wonder if anyone has timed the entire trip, including switches, vs riding the bus.

See post 7069 for an account of timing with the skyliner. I haven't seen a report from someone who took the bus.

Which is speedier/recommended these days for DHS opening...skyliner or bus?

If you are trying to rope drop at HS the skyline would not work well. Unless the times have changed, the Skyliner starts at 9am and HS opens at 9am. But if your not worried about getting there early, then I do feel that the Skyliner is the quicker way to travel. Plus you get awesome views along the way :-)

If you are trying to rope drop at HS the skyline would not work well. Unless the times have changed, the Skyliner starts at 9am and HS opens at 9am. But if your not worried about getting there early, then I do feel that the Skyliner is the quicker way to travel. Plus you get awesome views along the way :-)

The Skyliner starts running at least an hour before whatever the official park opening is.

The Skyliner starts running at least an hour before whatever the official park opening is.

That is awesome then! When I went last, which was a good 5 months ago, they had the times posted as DHS starting at 9am and Epcot International Gate starting at 10am. But it was probably because the parks were opening later then. We went into the parks well after noon so didn't really pay attention to park opening hours.

Can anyone tell me what room they got if they booked just the "Family Suite" option? it was at least $30/night cheaper than picking Lion King or Cars, and a bit more than that for Nemo. I understand it's up to what's available, but am curious if there's a trend in room type that you get with this option.

ETA- We switched to a different resort, but leaving this question in order for others to answer and to reference for possible future stays.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what room they got if they booked just the "Family Suite" option? it was at least $30/night cheaper than picking Lion King or Cars, and a bit more than that for Nemo. I understand it's up to what's available, but am curious if there's a trend in room type that you get with this option.

ETA- We switched to a different resort, but leaving this question in order for others to answer and to reference for possible future stays.

arriving on Saturday. I’ll report back

What are the current soda choices at AOA for the refillable mugs? Thank you! We are arriving on Saturday, and are so excited!!

Checked in yesterday. We got Nemo bldg 5

Headed to mk today. Just watched first bus to DHS load at 728am

first mk bus at 736, but left at 741. Not everyone in line made it on first double bus. The people who got in line by 730 did. Everyone is masked A few with noses out. No distancing

Last edited:
Headed to mk today. Just watched first bus to DHS load at 728am

first mk bus at 736, but left at 741. Not everyone in line made it on first double bus. The people who got in line by 730 did. Everyone is masked A few with noses out. No distancing
Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!!

Went to bus stop for Epcot at 925. Sign said we had to use skyliner. Arrived at skyliner 934. Walked on. Now at Epcot transfer but it doesn’t start until 10. Could have slept a bit longer. There is a line but my guess is we’ll be on in less than 5 minutes once it starts. I wanted to enter Epcot at front for test track so I’m a bit bummed.

Went to skyliner today at 710 Was told to go to bus stop for HS today

this is a bit annoying. There has to be a way of knowing what the schedule is before you walk to your expected transportation. I’m in Nemo bldg so these walks aren’t far, but those walks are pretty far for the other buildings

747 and still no bus. rope drop plans are gone now. Ughhh.

756 the bus left.

ok doom and gloom not necessary

808 here, 815 tapstiles opened, we should be on one of the first elevators

Last edited:

this is a bit annoying. There has to be a way of knowing what the schedule is before you walk to your expected transportation. I’m in Nemo bldg so these walks aren’t far, but those walks are pretty far for the other buildings

I think I would go to DHS Guest Services and explain the situation and I think there is a good chance they will help you out.

756 the bus left.

ok doom and gloom not necessary

808 here, 815 tapstiles opened, we should be on one of the first elevators
Same thing happened to us a year ago and we gave feedback about it, suggesting there be signs in other walkways, or something in the app, to tell people one mode of transportation was not available before they walk all the way there. Guess they clearly could care less since nothing has changed.

Pop Century's full food court with all stations and grab-n-o section opened to guests yesterday. :) Does anyone know if AoA has done the same?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter