Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone have building/floor recommendation for the Cars area at AOA? Family of five and really don't want a view of a parking area. Open to any suggestions... :)

Does anyone know if there is a Character Hunt at AOA?

When we stayed at Wilderness Lodge the Children's activity CMs placed a cut out of Chip and Dale every day to be found. All Star Sports just started doing this with Goofy recently.

Does anyone know if there is a Character Hunt at AOA?

When we stayed at Wilderness Lodge the Children's activity CMs placed a cut out of Chip and Dale every day to be found. All Star Sports just started doing this with Goofy recently.
Yes, every resort has it's own Character Hunt! It's Nala at AOA. Goofy over at Pop if you want to walk over and do that one too.

Just got back from a great week at AoA. Maybe I missed this, but when did they start charging you to use the in-room safe?

Just got back from a great week at AoA. Maybe I missed this, but when did they start charging you to use the in-room safe?
Are you sure they were charging the credit card or was it just using the card as the "key"? I saw a post on a FB group where someone mentioned that they heard Disney was now requiring a credit card for using the safe. People who are there now said that the credit card swipe was used to open the safe but no charge for doing that -- just a different method of unlocking the safe rather than entering a PIN. Did you see a sign that indicated there would be charges? Someone also said that their non-Disney hotel in the DS area used that same method -- swiping a credit card rather than entering a PIN to open the safe. It also seemed like most of the rooms at AoA still had the traditional PIN but a few had the credit card. Maybe they're testing it out or maybe just slowly converting. I'd much rather have a PIN than needing to pull out my credit card every time I want to open our safe.

Are you sure they were charging the credit card or was it just using the card as the "key"? I saw a post on a FB group where someone mentioned that they heard Disney was now requiring a credit card for using the safe. People who are there now said that the credit card swipe was used to open the safe but no charge for doing that -- just a different method of unlocking the safe rather than entering a PIN. Did you see a sign that indicated there would be charges? Someone also said that their non-Disney hotel in the DS area used that same method -- swiping a credit card rather than entering a PIN to open the safe. It also seemed like most of the rooms at AoA still had the traditional PIN but a few had the credit card. Maybe they're testing it out or maybe just slowly converting. I'd much rather have a PIN than needing to pull out my credit card every time I want to open our safe.
That makes sense, and it was probably what that poster was referring to instead of a charge. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter