• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Parking question. I know that during Food & Wine they don't let you park at Boardwalk unless you are staying there. If I am staying offsite and arrive Saturday night after Epcot is closed or shortly before closing should I be able to park there to meet people at Jellyrolls or plan on making alternative arrangements? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I don't know how much fun you plan to have at JR, but it may be safer/easier to use Uber or Lyft. Otherwise I believe you can always use valet parking

Parking question. I know that during Food & Wine they don't let you park at Boardwalk unless you are staying there. If I am staying offsite and arrive Saturday night after Epcot is closed or shortly before closing should I be able to park there to meet people at Jellyrolls or plan on making alternative arrangements? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Depending upon the crowd already parked at BW, you could valet park noting that you are headed to JR.

If you're talking about a Saturday night during F&W, I'd say your shot at parking is going to be less than 50%. We were there during F&W a few years ago and had to park across the street -- and we were staying at BWI. Depending on where you are staying offsite, Uber is a great alternative. If you want to valet, you should be able to do that, but it is not inexpensive IMHO.

Has anyone recently stayed at Broadwalk Inn Club Level? Would like to know what food is offered. We recently went to Universal Studio and stayed at Portofino Bay Club Level. It was wonderful and I am hooked.... TIA.

Hi folks! First post on these boards *ever* :wave2: after reading around the forums for maybe a couple of months and wanted to say hi.

I'll be checking in at BWI 9/4 with DH for six nights and it's our first time at a Disney-owned resort, so I'm pretty, pretty excited (on our Honeymoon and our 2nd Anniversary we stayed at the Swan). This is his 4th time at WDW and my 3rd (I grew up in the Los Angeles area and went to Disneyland once or twice a year when I was a child/teen).
It'll also be both of our first times doing Hoop Dee Doo Revue! And we're going to check out for the first time AKL, the FW area, and probably the WL area during our stay. And first time California Grill. Sadly, no MNSSHP; maybe next time. Stoked for Food & Wine! Epcot is our fave park! [insert Spaceship Earth emoji here]
I've read through (although perhaps not completely digested) this entire thread for information. Apologies for repeat questions! (Mostly I just wanted to say hi. Hi!)

1) I already submitted my TouringPlans room request (we paid for standard view and I was hoping for a 5th floor courtyard view, mostly with quiet as the priority). If I do online check-in in MDE now, will it mess up the fax? Or will it only mess up the TouringPlans fax info if I do online check-in *after* the fax goes through 5 days prior to the check-in date? Or maybe neither?
2) We're there for a week, and I'd like to order some simple necessities to be there when we get there (to save carry-on luggage room) - probably not refrigerated stuff; think water bottles, Quest bars. What's cheap and efficient to just order something like that to the resort? Amazon Prime is best maybe? (We have no car.)
3) Is walking to the gas station to get inexpensive snacks still a thing?

Thanks everyone! I love the Disboards! :ccat:

Hi folks! First post on these boards *ever* :wave2: after reading around the forums for maybe a couple of months and wanted to say hi.

I'll be checking in at BWI 9/4 with DH for six nights and it's our first time at a Disney-owned resort, so I'm pretty, pretty excited (on our Honeymoon and our 2nd Anniversary we stayed at the Swan). This is his 4th time at WDW and my 3rd (I grew up in the Los Angeles area and went to Disneyland once or twice a year when I was a child/teen).
It'll also be both of our first times doing Hoop Dee Doo Revue! And we're going to check out for the first time AKL, the FW area, and probably the WL area during our stay. And first time California Grill. Sadly, no MNSSHP; maybe next time. Stoked for Food & Wine! Epcot is our fave park! [insert Spaceship Earth emoji here]
I've read through (although perhaps not completely digested) this entire thread for information. Apologies for repeat questions! (Mostly I just wanted to say hi. Hi!)

1) I already submitted my TouringPlans room request (we paid for standard view and I was hoping for a 5th floor courtyard view, mostly with quiet as the priority). If I do online check-in in MDE now, will it mess up the fax? Or will it only mess up the TouringPlans fax info if I do online check-in *after* the fax goes through 5 days prior to the check-in date? Or maybe neither?
2) We're there for a week, and I'd like to order some simple necessities to be there when we get there (to save carry-on luggage room) - probably not refrigerated stuff; think water bottles, Quest bars. What's cheap and efficient to just order something like that to the resort? Amazon Prime is best maybe? (We have no car.)

Welcome! You will love BWI. My answers are below. Others may have different thoughts.

I've had mixed experience with the TP room request fax. We always do MDE online check-in, so I think that has no affect on the fax. I always request the highest floor because I love being on the 5th floor. I've been on both sides of that floor and found both sides to be quiet. The view is nicer on the Courtyard side, but we got to see the HS fireworks from the other side.

When I want stuff like that, I order from Garden Grocer. Usually fruit, yogurt, and cheese sticks. We probably order from GG 1/3 of the time we stay there. I wouldn't call it cheap though. I don't see a need for bottled water, so never order it.

It is still a thing. There is a Speedway gas station across the street and it is easy to get to -- be careful crossing that street! I bring my backpack and load it up with bottles of Coke Zero and some other snacks. Prices are better than at the store on the boardwalk. To me, it's worth the little walk for my soda pop.

Welcome! You will love BWI. My answers are below. Others may have different thoughts.

I've had mixed experience with the TP room request fax. We always do MDE online check-in, so I think that has no affect on the fax. I always request the highest floor because I love being on the 5th floor. I've been on both sides of that floor and found both sides to be quiet. The view is nicer on the Courtyard side, but we got to see the HS fireworks from the other side.

When I want stuff like that, I order from Garden Grocer. Usually fruit, yogurt, and cheese sticks. We probably order from GG 1/3 of the time we stay there. I wouldn't call it cheap though. I don't see a need for bottled water, so never order it.

It is still a thing. There is a Speedway gas station across the street and it is easy to get to -- be careful crossing that street! I bring my backpack and load it up with bottles of Coke Zero and some other snacks. Prices are better than at the store on the boardwalk. To me, it's worth the little walk for my soda pop.

Thanks so much, Sandi! I'll go ahead and do my online check-in as though the touringplans fax won't be affected by or affect it.
We'll probably run over to the Speedway and check out what they've got.
So excited. Very excited to check out Pandora and the Rivers of Light show for the first time and also do Mission Space and Frozen Ever After for the first time.

Amazon Prime Pantry may be your best bet if you are ordering non-perishables. Keep in mind you will most likely pay a $5 fee for that since it comes UPS/US Mail. You can also check out Publix Instacart or Amazon Prime Now (different from pantry). If you want wine/beer I would go with garden grocer even though they are a little pricey.

Has anyone recently stayed at Broadwalk Inn Club Level? Would like to know what food is offered. We recently went to Universal Studio and stayed at Portofino Bay Club Level. It was wonderful and I am hooked.... TIA.

Yes! We were just there and the food is really good. They have a chef making 2 things everything night usually a meat dish like NY strip and a seafood dish (my favorite was risotto and sauteed shrimp) in addition they have cheese fondue or a hot dip. Cheese platter, charcuterie and a couple of salads. On Sundays they do a brunch complete with an omlet bar, bloody Mary bar and mimosas. Other mornings They have the usual oatmeal, bread, pastries, fruit, meat, etc. They have snacks in the afternoon. Tea sandwiches, veggie tray, make your own trail mix. Plus cookies and candies. They end the evening with a couple of different bite sized desserts. Coffee, tea, juice, milk and soda are always out. Beer and wine are out from 5-7 but you can ask for it anytime.

Amazon Prime Pantry may be your best bet if you are ordering non-perishables. Keep in mind you will most likely pay a $5 fee for that since it comes UPS/US Mail. You can also check out Publix Instacart or Amazon Prime Now (different from pantry). If you want wine/beer I would go with garden grocer even though they are a little pricey.

Great info, thanks Lvsdisney! I'm cool with the $5 fee for Prime Pantry but then... if you happen to know, would Prime Now not incur the fee? (We have regular Amazon Prime.)

Totally random question!! None of us are coffee drinkers but we'd like hot water for making tea and instant oatmeal and stuff in the morning. If we use the coffee maker, it'll heat up water but probably taste like coffee just because it has to pass through the filter area and pick up residual coffee flavor. Does anyone know if the resort can supply an electric kettle or something if we request it? If not, no biggie we can always bring one or order it through Amazon Prime Now. Just thought it would be worth a shot to ask :teeth:

Totally random question!! None of us are coffee drinkers but we'd like hot water for making tea and instant oatmeal and stuff in the morning. If we use the coffee maker, it'll heat up water but probably taste like coffee just because it has to pass through the filter area and pick up residual coffee flavor. Does anyone know if the resort can supply an electric kettle or something if we request it? If not, no biggie we can always bring one or order it through Amazon Prime Now. Just thought it would be worth a shot to ask :teeth:
How about the microwave?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter