• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Totally random question!! None of us are coffee drinkers but we'd like hot water for making tea and instant oatmeal and stuff in the morning. If we use the coffee maker, it'll heat up water but probably taste like coffee just because it has to pass through the filter area and pick up residual coffee flavor. Does anyone know if the resort can supply an electric kettle or something if we request it? If not, no biggie we can always bring one or order it through Amazon Prime Now. Just thought it would be worth a shot to ask :teeth:

I've used the coffe makers to make tea before. But first I put a few cups of plain water thru it to clear out the coffee taste.

Totally random question!! None of us are coffee drinkers but we'd like hot water for making tea and instant oatmeal and stuff in the morning. If we use the coffee maker, it'll heat up water but probably taste like coffee just because it has to pass through the filter area and pick up residual coffee flavor. Does anyone know if the resort can supply an electric kettle or something if we request it? If not, no biggie we can always bring one or order it through Amazon Prime Now. Just thought it would be worth a shot to ask :teeth:

I don't know about the heating up the water part, but I would recommend getting a gallon of water delivered to your room because FL water is gross and it'll mess up your tea and oatmeal.

@gojoe Hm, I hadn't considered that! We'll be in a standard room, are micowaves included? If so, that'll be the perfect option.

If you are on the inn side, no microwave, but all of the villas have them, including the studios. Just FYI, last week I had a Keurig but I was on club level so I'm not sure if all rooms get these. But we were given 1 Twinings English Tea pod and 1 Green Tea Pod. I'm sure you could ask for more.

You could also go to BW Bakery for hot water, I know they have a toaster but I can't recall a micowave or I'm guessing Belle Vue Lounge has some hot water available as well. Surely there isn't a cost for hot water....hmmmmmm

AngiTN, if you don't mind, I would love to hear your opinion on the Club Level room at BWI. Much appreciated!
So far it has been fabulous. Staff is so sweet. Breakfast delicious. Make sure try the orange marmalade butter! They've had 2 hot grains, an oatmeal and a different grain. Yesterday was some pasta I'd never heard of . Today is polenta.

We are going to be around for apps tonight

So far it has been fabulous. Staff is so sweet. Breakfast delicious. Make sure try the orange marmalade butter! They've had 2 hot grains, an oatmeal and a different grain. Yesterday was some pasta I'd never heard of . Today is polenta.

We loved the orange marmalade butter - so so good. Was the pasta the Fregola? It was like an upscale Mac and cheese for breakfast - we all loved it. The picture is from a half eaten bowl of the Fregola - my DD started eating it immediately.

IMG_9619.JPG IMG_9622.JPG

Beautiful photos! Thanks so much for taking the time to post these. We have a Boardwalk View CL booked a week from today. Can't wait!

It was truly a wonderful stay. We love Anita, Lorenzo, Joe, Shannon and Steven plus Denny was a manager and was always around checking in on us and asked if we ever needed anything. Plus Chef Redgie - he was wonderful. We later went to the Poly and the chef was not nice at all - definitely spoiled by Redgie. Please check back in and let us know how your stay is.

Love your posts. We arrive in December. Second time club level, first time at BWI. Sounds fabulous so far. I can't wait to read more.

Orange marmalade butter?! That is calling my name! A trip to BWI is now on my radar.

Where is the best place to change clothes on arrival day (assuming the room is not ready when you get there) or on departure day (if you have already checked out of your room)?

Ladies room near lobby?
Fitness center?

We loved the orange marmalade butter - so so good. Was the pasta the Fregola? It was like an upscale Mac and cheese for breakfast - we all loved it. The picture is from a half eaten bowl of the Fregola - my DD started eating it immediately.

View attachment 264704 View attachment 264705
Yes that is it. They had it when we arrived yesterday. I didn't have any. Looked good though. Hope they have it again before we leave. The polenta was great
By the way, if you walk in at the end of a service time, don't feel bad about grabbing up lots of food to take back to your room. They just have to throw out anything they have out. We got in yesterday about 10:15 and felt bad till Lorenzo mentioned anything we didn't eat was going to be thrown away. We took a plates to our room. Along with a mimosa

Hey Angi, when you see Lorenzo tomorrow tell him I said hi! I have known him since he worked at the old Disney University. Ask him about the ladies I traveled with!!

Yes that is it. They had it when we arrived yesterday. I didn't have any. Looked good though. Hope they have it again before we leave. The polenta was great
By the way, if you walk in at the end of a service time, don't feel bad about grabbing up lots of food to take back to your room. They just have to throw out anything they have out. We got in yesterday about 10:15 and felt bad till Lorenzo mentioned anything we didn't eat was going to be thrown away. We took a plates to our room. Along with a mimosa

The polenta was delicious too - there wasn't anything we didn't like. You should see the Fregola again - we had it twice while we were there. The CMs at the BWI always made us feel comfortable about taking food - unlike the Poly. Lorenzo is wonderful. He was in our July 2015 Disney video and when we were just there we showed the CMs the video Lorenzo was in and they couldn't stop laughing. He will be in our new one along with some of the other CMs - they truly are so much fun.
Enjoy your stay.

Where is the best place to change clothes on arrival day (assuming the room is not ready when you get there) or on departure day (if you have already checked out of your room)?

Ladies room near lobby?
Fitness center?

We've changed in the bathrooms right off the lobby. I just grabbed what I needed out of my carryon, ducked in, changed clothes, did sunscreen & then left the carryon with Bell Services. Very handy.

Standard rooms don't come with a microwave BUT you can call Mousekeeping and request one. It's first come, first served but we have never been told no.

We were able to enjoy apps this evening. So yummy. Fish from Flying Fish and steak from Tratoria. Both wonderful. Soup was tomato basil and there was a basil pasta salad I could have eaten by the bucket.

Redgie s as wonderful as advertised. He gave us lots of pointers for our dinner at Flying Fish tomorrow night.

We came back from the parks to have a nice card left in the room welcoming us to our dinner there tomorrow. Nice and creepy at the same time. They always know where you are going and what you have planned

Really looking forward to the omelet and Bloody Mary bar tomorrow morning. Made sure we do not have early fast passes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter