Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Yep, exactly what I was told too. No refurb on the books for the Inn. I secretly wish there was though, I know I'm in the minority but we love the hard surface changes they are making in the rooms. I'll be ecstatic if the change comes to my favorite resort. DH loved it too (he finally got to see the new rooms at YC when we stayed there 1 night before our BWI stay)

You aren't in the minority! We love the BWI but we had an opportunity early last year to stay at the newly renovated YC, Deluxe Club Room...and absolutely loved the clean slick lines of hard floors, v.s. icky old carpeting. The shower with the glass door is so much nicer then shower curtains. Still, we'll be back at the BWI due to the boardwalk views and of course the fabulous lounge with the chefs, not to mention the Sunday brunch with Mimosas and bloody mary bar. So I can still appreciate the clean lines of the YC but we'll stick to the BWI for everything else:).

I've been back about a week and am trying to catch up before reporting on our trip but for us the buses at the Boardwalk were horrible. I loved the feature in the ap telling you when next bus would arrive but so many times the time would keep increasing a minute or two as it got closer and then it would disappear and simply say busses aprox every 20 minutes. at least once we waited 40 minutes for a MK bus.

This was our experience with the buses this past June. Never failed that every time the wait got longer, most times waiting 30+ minutes :sad2:.

Returning to BWI for the first time in a long time, we are very familiar with the resort but usually stay in the villa side. We are splurging for CL so we can take advantage of the CL extra fp program - its also a holiday gift for us all.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We got back recently from a trip and Boardwalk is now my favorite resort.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a nice trip :goodvibes.

We'll be there in May for the first time and can't wait!

Had my first BWI stay in June and I LOVED it! Hope you have a great time :).

We’re going to be at BWV for the first time in November.

Hope you have a great time and enjoy BWI :wizard:.

Was a crazy morning at the Inn today. I walked in to the lounge about 9:15 and they'd just opened. Turned out they had replaced the carpet overnight and didn't finish in time. Then the parade of suits (as I call Disney managers since they were dress clothes instead of costumes) started. Guess they have a very long punch list left to work on as soon as the lounge closes again. They sent anyone that wanted food before they opened to eat in one of the restaurants and they would cover the bill

And I found out why the spruce up is going on. They are painting all over the Inn. Refinishing woodwork, replacing wall papers. Really making the place shine

Well, in about 2 weeks the entire CL floor is closing for all the Disney executives. All but Iger himself I was told.

@AngiTN Asking you directly, since you are there live. :wave:

I realize the CM(s) you may have spoken to can't give exact dates, but i was wondering how sure they were on "in about two weeks". As I mentioned in a previous post, a literal 2 weeks is right in the middle of our trip. And now I am worried. I've been planning this trip to BWI for 2 years. I know things can happen and "getting moved" has happened to others as they've reported on this thread. Just trying to figure out how worried I should be. If it is exactly two weeks, and it affects only part of our trip wondering if they'd inform us before we leave or based it on the dates they'd want us to move. This is our first time staying club level, and it is not selling me on it.

In the end, i won't let it ruin my vacation. Just super bummed about the idea that someone else's plans may bump me from my own. Especially if they are aware enough about it (hence, the spiffying up of the place) I (and others) could be informed sooner rather than later.

Thanks for sharing the news. Despite the "not knowing for certain' aspect, I'd rather find out ahead of time and have a chance to process it. :surfweb:

Thanks to everyone who post on the boards I was able to use a lot of information for our trip we just returned from. We were booked standard view but were given an upgrade to garden view room 3273 on the Inn side. It turned out to be a partial Boardwalk view with an extra large balcony. We could not have been more excited. Only thing it didn't have was a sofa. We wanted one but didn't really need it and the view and large balcony was worth may more than the sofa would have been. We had good bus and boat service never waited more than 10 minutes for either. We will defintely be returning to the Boardwalk Inn. Our only issue was the lack of a variety of quick service food when on the dining plan. We loved the Pizza window and ate there probably 5 times between meals and late night snacks for the kids. The kids like the Nachos from the pool bar but nothing else on that menu appealed to us. Also it rained so much this trip (I know Disney can't help that) the problem is when they have to close the pool they also have to close the pool bard so it leaves you just with the pizza window. We did make the hike around to the beach club marketplace a few times for breakfast. I know there are options nearby but when you are at the pool or just in the room you don't want to go to Epcot or all the way around to Beach Club for a quick bite. I think disney should re do Big River Grille, Keeping the brewery, but make it a quick service/food court type place with good beer. We ate there once and were less than impressed.

~Just read about this here on the DIS and wanted to share....a fun event right on the boardwalk!
There is going to be a wine glass painting event at AbracadaBar some days from 1 to 3pm..the cost is $50 and you regisster for it at the BWI Community Hall ..starts today! Wish we were there to sign up for it...so far its planned for the month of September..lets hope it is successful and lasts longer ...DD and I would really enjoy something like that!

Was a crazy morning at the Inn today. I walked in to the lounge about 9:15 and they'd just opened. Turned out they had replaced the carpet overnight and didn't finish in time. Then the parade of suits (as I call Disney managers since they were dress clothes instead of costumes) started. Guess they have a very long punch list left to work on as soon as the lounge closes again. They sent anyone that wanted food before they opened to eat in one of the restaurants and they would cover the bill

And I found out why the spruce up is going on. They are painting all over the Inn. Refinishing woodwork, replacing wall papers. Really making the place shine

Well, in about 2 weeks the entire CL floor is closing for all the Disney executives. All but Iger himself I was told.

Thanks for the update Angi...Although I am sure that the lounge not being available was an inconvenience..as usual the BWI is offering great customer service...:goodvibes

Thanks to everyone who post on the boards I was able to use a lot of information for our trip we just returned from. We were booked standard view but were given an upgrade to garden view room 3273 on the Inn side. It turned out to be a partial Boardwalk view with an extra large balcony. We could not have been more excited. Only thing it didn't have was a sofa. We wanted one but didn't really need it and the view and large balcony was worth may more than the sofa would have been. We had good bus and boat service never waited more than 10 minutes for either. We will defintely be returning to the Boardwalk Inn. Our only issue was the lack of a variety of quick service food when on the dining plan. We loved the Pizza window and ate there probably 5 times between meals and late night snacks for the kids. The kids like the Nachos from the pool bar but nothing else on that menu appealed to us. Also it rained so much this trip (I know Disney can't help that) the problem is when they have to close the pool they also have to close the pool bard so it leaves you just with the pizza window. We did make the hike around to the beach club marketplace a few times for breakfast. I know there are options nearby but when you are at the pool or just in the room you don't want to go to Epcot or all the way around to Beach Club for a quick bite. I think disney should re do Big River Grille, Keeping the brewery, but make it a quick service/food court type place with good beer. We ate there once and were less than impressed.

Sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the available food options...just curious about the dining...did you stop in the Bellevue Lounge in the mornings at all...??? They have a lot of breakfast options like buns, muffins, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit and even a toasting station for the bagels that they offer and a pre made but tasty egg and bacon on a croissant...also the Boardwalk Bakery..which has a ton of options..available all day long...and outdoor seating...some of it covered.. over by the pizza window...(which you probably used...lol) then there is also the "Boardwalk to Go" stand with lots of the general fast food options...burgers , hot dogs..but also grilled chicken sandwiches and pulled pork sandwiches..even kid fave mozzarella sticks..I might have enjoyed an order of these from time to time too ....did I mention ESPN club...lol....??? We too think big River Grill is just ok....kind of hit or miss..we have had great burgers there...and not so great too...but it is a very nice spot to sit outside when weather permits and dine..

It really would be nice if there was an individual list of dining options in the room to point things out ..:thumbsup2

~Just read about this here on the DIS and wanted to share....a fun event right on the boardwalk!
There is going to be a wine glass painting event at AbracadaBar some days from 1 to 3pm..the cost is $50 and you regisster for it at the BWI Community Hall ..starts today! Wish we were there to sign up for it...so far its planned for the month of September..lets hope it is successful and lasts longer ...DD and I would really enjoy something like that!
There's more, I posted a few pages back
I saw the ears class in the Bellvue lounge. They aren't my style so I passed on doing them but others may like them. The little photo is pretty clear example of what you make
Took some photos of the special activities
I believe these are limited time events
I do not know the costs but if I find out I will update this post unless someone else does
37CD1D3D-91E5-4487-972D-DCC200CCD17E.jpg

096A48F2-2E48-46AE-BCF0-C285609A6B23.jpg

I plan on placing an order for water, fruit and breakfast stuff but I’ve thought about doing some sandwich stuff too due to the food offerings. I’m just thinking some days or evenings we may not want to hike out to epcot or BW if we are hanging at the pool or the room.

I plan on placing an order for water, fruit and breakfast stuff but I’ve thought about doing some sandwich stuff too due to the food offerings. I’m just thinking some days or evenings we may not want to hike out to epcot or BW if we are hanging at the pool or the room.
The Bellvue Lounge is right there inside the resort, just off the Lobby. If all you want is breakfast I would look into that. And the one trip we did and stayed in a 1bedroom we found the offerings in the Bakery great. Many of them keep well in the fridge in the room.

@AngiTN Asking you directly, since you are there live. :wave:

I realize the CM(s) you may have spoken to can't give exact dates, but i was wondering how sure they were on "in about two weeks". As I mentioned in a previous post, a literal 2 weeks is right in the middle of our trip. And now I am worried. I've been planning this trip to BWI for 2 years. I know things can happen and "getting moved" has happened to others as they've reported on this thread. Just trying to figure out how worried I should be. If it is exactly two weeks, and it affects only part of our trip wondering if they'd inform us before we leave or based it on the dates they'd want us to move. This is our first time staying club level, and it is not selling me on it.

In the end, i won't let it ruin my vacation. Just super bummed about the idea that someone else's plans may bump me from my own. Especially if they are aware enough about it (hence, the spiffying up of the place) I (and others) could be informed sooner rather than later.

Thanks for sharing the news. Despite the "not knowing for certain' aspect, I'd rather find out ahead of time and have a chance to process it. :surfweb:
I wish I had more info to assure you with.
You could shoot DSS an email and ask them. While they are not directly at BWI now they should have access to the info
If I was due to go to the BWI CL in 2 weeks I would shoot a note to DSS and say something like this
"We have an upcoming stay in the Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn and have really been looking forward to this for quite some time. It's come to my attention that our stay may coincide with that of some Disney Executives and there might be an issue with availability of the Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn during the time of our stay. Would it be possible to find out prior to our arrival if our stay will have any interruptions?"
It's most likely they will come back with "No, we know of nothing. You will have full access during your entire stay"
But I'd still ask.
Plus, BWI has several other options that many other resorts don't have. The entire floor is not CL, like at other resorts. So they will not likely close the "entire floor" so much as just the Inn Keeper's area. So when the CM said "close the floor" he could have meant
Close the area "inside the Inn Keeper's door" so that means the CL rooms outside the door can still be used, and guests will still have access to the Lounge.
or
Close the entire 4th floor CL area but leave the Cottages open. Moves the guests there, allow guests access to the lounge
Or they may really close the Lounge to all. Who knows. If I can find out any more info I will.

Last edited:
Here now—we love our room on the second floor! I already love the resort much more than I thought I would. One thing I’m not crazy about—everyone said Boardwalk had dedicated buses but we’ve stopped at YC and BC on our way to AK. Really not thrilled. This is worse than being at POR and I will not be happy if we have to deal with this all trip.

ETA: And Swan and Dolphin. We left Boardwalk more than 20 minutes ago...

Last edited:
Here now—we love our room on the second floor! I already love the resort much more than I thought I would. One thing I’m not crazy about—everyone said Boardwalk had dedicated buses but we’ve stopped at YC and BC on our way to AK. Really not thrilled. This is worse than being at POR and I will not be happy if we have to deal with this all trip.
I've always disagreed when folks say they get dedicated buses since you'll find at least half the time they share with not just YC/BC but also Swan/Dolphin, both to AK and MK. It just depends. Sometimes they are direct, sometimes they aren't.
Yesterday about 11:00 to AK and Monday evening to MK, we were directly from BWI to the park.
Leaving MK after the Halloween party I was shocked that we didn't share with anyone else too.
When we left AK yesterday I used Uber

Sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the available food options...just curious about the dining...did you stop in the Bellevue Lounge in the mornings at all...??? They have a lot of breakfast options like buns, muffins, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit and even a toasting station for the bagels that they offer and a pre made but tasty egg and bacon on a croissant...also the Boardwalk Bakery..which has a ton of options..available all day long...and outdoor seating...some of it covered.. over by the pizza window...(which you probably used...lol) then there is also the "Boardwalk to Go" stand with lots of the general fast food options...burgers , hot dogs..but also grilled chicken sandwiches and pulled pork sandwiches..even kid fave mozzarella sticks..I might have enjoyed an order of these from time to time too ....did I mention ESPN club...lol....??? We too think big River Grill is just ok....kind of hit or miss..we have had great burgers there...and not so great too...but it is a very nice spot to sit outside when weather permits and dine..

It really would be nice if there was an individual list of dining options in the room to point things out ..:thumbsup2

We weren't unhappy with the options there just wish there was more. We were on the dining plan so we didn't want to buy food out of pocket from the boardwalk food cart. If they accepted the dining plan that would great because burgers/chicken tenders would have been a great break from all the pizza and nachos we consumed from pool and pizza window. We ate breakfast at the bakery several mornings and I used the lounge to get coffee. Trouble with the lounge is with kids they don't drink coffee and need their mugs refilled. I was fine walking to the bakery to do that though. They wanted mickey waffles most mornings which aren't offered anywhere at Boardwalk so I had to walk to Beach club 3 times to get those it was easier to just do everything at one place so I would take mugs and get all of us food and refills there. We loved the pizza window, we got pizza about 4 or 5 times (The white pizza is one of my new favorite things ever). Kids loved the Nachos at the pool bar but nothing else seemed appealing. We also ate lunch one day at ESPN.

I have a quick question about the coffee makers in the villas. Are they single or multiple cup? If single cup, do they us K-cup pods or Joffrey?

I have a quick question about the coffee makers in the villas. Are they single or multiple cup? If single cup, do they us K-cup pods or Joffrey?

Villas have standard basket style, Mr. Coffee-type coffee pots. Some have 12 cup and some have 4 cup--we have always had the larger 12 cup Mr. Coffee in a studio, YMMV.

Villas have standard basket style, Mr. Coffee-type coffee pots. Some have 12 cup and some have 4 cup--we have always had the larger 12 cup Mr. Coffee in a studio, YMMV.

Thank you. Guess I need to add ground coffee to my Amazon Prime list.

I'm sorry about the buses and extra stops, but I'm glad you are enjoying your BWI stay overall. My first stay was this past June and while I figured I'd like it, I never thought I'd love it like I did! As far as bus sharing, I don't recall stopping at BC/YC in June, but we always stopped at Swan/Dolphin. I hope the transportation gets better for the rest of your trip :wizard:.

Angi How did I miss the post about the events...lol :blush:...wow lots of fun things to do...hope they will carry this further than September....
We weren't unhappy with the options there just wish there was more. We were on the dining plan so we didn't want to buy food out of pocket from the boardwalk food cart. If they accepted the dining plan that would great because burgers/chicken tenders would have been a great break from all the pizza and nachos we consumed from pool and pizza window. We ate breakfast at the bakery several mornings and I used the lounge to get coffee. Trouble with the lounge is with kids they don't drink coffee and need their mugs refilled. I was fine walking to the bakery to do that though. They wanted mickey waffles most mornings which aren't offered anywhere at Boardwalk so I had to walk to Beach club 3 times to get those it was easier to just do everything at one place so I would take mugs and get all of us food and refills there. We loved the pizza window, we got pizza about 4 or 5 times (The white pizza is one of my new favorite things ever). Kids loved the Nachos at the pool bar but nothing else seemed appealing. We also ate lunch one day at ESPN.

I didn't realize the the To Go cart didn't take the dining plan...:sad2:...you would think that they would..or should! Nachos are always yummy... but I guess after a few days their appeal would have run its course.. lol...So happy to hear about the white pizza being so good...I had read about all of the new options now available at the pizza window! There is even a meat ball sub...putting a stop at the pizza window on our list...

One thing I’m not crazy about—everyone said Boardwalk had dedicated buses but we’ve stopped at YC and BC on our way to AK. Really not thrilled. This is worse than being at POR and I will not be happy if we have to deal with this all trip.

This is often the bus schedule during the slower periods of the day. From about 11 - 3, the bus may make stops at all the Epcot resorts on the way to AK.

This is also the case if you take one of the very last bus from AK after the bulk of the guests have already cleared the park. They begin to consolidate stops.

Dave

I wish I had more info to assure you with.
You could shoot DSS an email and ask them. While they are not directly at BWI now they should have access to the info
If I was due to go to the BWI CL in 2 weeks I would shoot a note to DSS and say something like this
"We have an upcoming stay in the Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn and have really been looking forward to this for quite some time. It's come to my attention that our stay may coincide with that of some Disney Executives and there might be an issue with availability of the Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn during the time of our stay. Would it be possible to find out prior to our arrival if our stay will have any interruptions?"
It's most likely they will come back with "No, we no of nothing. You will have full access during your entire stay"
But I'd still ask.
Plus, BWI has several other options that many other resorts don't have. The entire floor is not CL, like at other resorts. So they will not likely close the "entire floor" so much as just the Inn Keeper's area. So when the CM said "close the floor" he could have meant
Close the area "inside the Inn Keeper's door" so that means the CL rooms outside the door can still be used, and guests will still have access to the Lounge.
or
Close the entire 4th floor CL area but leave the Cottages open. Moves the guests there, allow guests access to the lounge
Or they may really close the Lounge to all. Who knows. If I can find out any more info I will.

Thank you, and I like the idea of at least checking in. Like you said, they may not be able to confirm, but at least they may note that I want to be contacted if this comes up.

And thank you also for the offer to relay any additional info you may hear about. I do appreciate it.

As I said, I will not let it ruin our vacation no matter what happens. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter