Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

....We have tried that route, three days before arrival, when confirming room requests in the past. We were told they absolutely had our requests and the room assigned fit the request. On arrival, the room did not fit the requests (not one) and, in fact, the GS CM said there were no requests noted on the reservation....
....funny you mentioned that, because about 8 or 9 days ago, I requested a specific room [number] to note it on my reservation, also explaining why I had requested that room. I had to call on Monday to modify my reservation [we'll be staying with my DS, who is DVC]. Unfortunately, near the end of the conversation, we got disconnected so I had to call back, to confirm that my reservation had been modified and that I would receive a revised bill. While doing so, I mentioned my room request (pretending that I had put in that request during my disconnected call) to confirm that too, but there was nothing listed as far as any requests go. It makes me wonder - are they just giving us lip service? Now I am kind of worried - yes, I get that it's only a request and there are no guarantees, but to not even note it....very weird.

....funny you mentioned that, because about 8 or 9 days ago, I requested a specific room [number] to note it on my reservation, also explaining why I had requested that room. I had to call on Monday to modify my reservation [we'll be staying with my DS, who is DVC]. Unfortunately, near the end of the conversation, we got disconnected so I had to call back, to confirm that my reservation had been modified and that I would receive a revised bill. While doing so, I mentioned my room request (pretending that I had put in that request during my disconnected call) to confirm that too, but there was nothing listed as far as any requests go. It makes me wonder - are they just giving us lip service? Now I am kind of worried - yes, I get that it's only a request and there are no guarantees, but to not even note it....very weird.

Whether it is lip service--I can't say, but it sure seems to be the case. First that the original booking agent didn't place the requests and then when calling to confirm--being told oh yes, we have them to finding out on arrival there was nothing noted. Sure sounds like it.

The smart thing to do--I learned thereafter--is have them repeat the requests that are noted and if they can't--you have your confirmation. Of course, that doesn't mean they will actually make the notes once caught either.

What time do the buses start for AK\MK? If we wanted to rope drop those 2 parks, we'd want to take the first bus out, right? Could we count on them each starting an hour before park open?

What time do the buses start for AK\MK? If we wanted to rope drop those 2 parks, we'd want to take the first bus out, right? Could we count on them each starting an hour before park open?
...I think that'd be a safe bet....

If you’re serious about rope dropping, I’d be at the bus stop approx. 90 minutes before park opening. The bus ‘should’ come around 60 minutes before park opening - but could be before and it could be later. I’d rather invest the time in waiting than be scrambling behind a longer line later. Bring a book, load your phone with a game, sip a cup of coffee while you relax at the bus stop before a busy Disney day.

If you’re not trying to be on the first bus you don’t have to be so rigid, but if you are, I’d err on conservative timing.

As always when rope drop buses are involved, YMMV!

Hello friends - I've been surfing around without much luck trying to see if anything has replaced or filled the space that was Ample Creamery? Any recent visitors have info?

Thanks -

So the rumor from an employee (not Disney but a vendor) when I was there recently is that ESPN not going to reopen. Did anyone else hear that? If it closes I hope something awesome opens there cause it is a prime location!

So the rumor from an employee (not Disney but a vendor) when I was there recently is that ESPN not going to reopen. Did anyone else hear that? If it closes I hope something awesome opens there cause it is a prime location!

I've not heard the rumor but BWI if our faovrite resort and we've always felt like ESPN club just doesn't fit in there with the theme of the rest of the resort. I'd love to see something that feels more Boardwalk put in there

I have heard that same rumor while there last fall. That would be a major bummer--it is our "go to" in the fall for college football on Saturdays.

On another note, has anyone noticed whether the leisure pool on the Inn side is open? We have always preferred that peaceful spot versus the DVC pool or the feature pool. Most days we had it to ourselves even when the Inn was open. I know BCV has the leisure pool on the BC side open--just thought I would check if the same was the case for BWI.

Has any one had a BWI deluxe room changed by Disney? I have to call and change ours for July (as it is not open) and curious to what other people were switched to!

They usually are working about 4-6 weeks out for guest movements.

What you are offered really depends on what is available and how many guests you have booked since the BWI Deluxe rooms sleep up to 6 gusts.

Since there is still no CL open no CL options are available as an alternative. I would call and ask for a YC or BC Deluxe rooms as they have a few.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter