Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Notify of construction. I thought that was pretty standard Disney policy. An email to let you know of ongoing construction at the resort you’re booked at. Slide closure, lobby impacted, etc

Notify of construction. I thought that was pretty standard Disney policy. An email to let you know of ongoing construction at the resort you’re booked at. Slide closure, lobby impacted, etc
There is a disclaimer on the website when you book Boardwalk that the resort is undergoing renovations. I realize it’s easy to blow past something like that, but at least it’s there…

There is a disclaimer on the website when you book Boardwalk that the resort is undergoing renovations. I realize it’s easy to blow past something like that, but at least it’s there…
And it's been there probably, close to a year. However far back the construction was for the Bakery.

I've never gotten a single email in all my years/stays to alert me of construction.
And I don't shy away from it.
Just stayed at Poly when the slide was closed a few weeks ago. Never saw anything announcing it

depends on what your definition of full is
they aren’t the Juliet balcony like BC has
they have tables and chairs
some are oversized and some are not
So even if they’re small they always have seating?

Thanks for the info!

I saw on Touring Plans room view feature that some views are kind of obstructed by signage. Are there any areas you would avoid?

I was thinking of requesting down towards the old ESPN Club to be close to the deli and EPCOT.

Thanks for the info!

I saw on Touring Plans room view feature that some views are kind of obstructed by signage. Are there any areas you would avoid?

I was thinking of requesting down towards the old ESPN Club to be close to the deli and EPCOT.
You will still have to enter and exit from the lobby area on the 2nd floor. There is no egress from that end of the resort.

You will still have to enter and exit from the lobby area on the 2nd floor. There is no egress from that end of the resort.
Ohhhhhh I assumed there would be a stairwell towards each end.

Nope.
Just right off the lobby.

I prefer the opposite end. I like to sit on my balcony and watch the buskers on the boardwalk at night. None set up down on the end closer to Epcot. All are in the center, off the green and down towards the store.

I know of no rooms blocked by signage

The only other room I liked isn't water view, it's down too far. But it has the best view of Epcot fireworks.

So there is a stairwell at the end of the hall but it only leads out to the courtyard pool area. You still have to go back to the lobby to get out to the boardwalk area. Just wanted you to know that in case you're down there and see it. We've made that mistake before. I'm not aware of any rooms blocked in that area. No rooms are above the old ESPN.

We have a reservation at Trattoria al forno. We can still park in the BW parking lot, right? I wasnt sure if parking was limited due to the construction

I've never gotten a single email in all my years/stays to alert me of construction.
And I don't shy away from it.
Just stayed at Poly when the slide was closed a few weeks ago. Never saw anything announcing it
I remember the first year the WL opened there was a crack in pool bottom, and they emailed that we could move to the Poly at no additional charge; since it was Jan, and we weren't going to use the pool, we opted to stay at WL and they gave me 10% off entire stay;

Has anyone been to BWI that can give an update on the lobby refurb? I’m curious how it looks. We most likely won’t be back until next year.
Here now and there is a walk up covering half of the front desk and some cast members standing with iPads checking guests in, but some are still behind some of the counter space. Bathrooms are still closed

Even so, I had no idea it was a construction zone. I don’t like the idea of a Room weeks away from being renovated- sounds icky (think saggy mattress, run down room). I guess my own fault for not paying attention but shouldn’t they have to notify incoming guests in some way?
I'm sorry about the construction. That is a bummer. The rooms are still great though. I would stay there over so many other resorts at WDW. I hope you have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter