Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thank you for that cabana info! It sounds like it’s definitely worth it! I think RPC in Early Spring 2020 is going to happen :cool1:! Are we totally nuts to want to go so soon after SWGE opens?!

No...the other parks could be pretty pleasant, like any new attraction they are always busy, just put a good plan together, get your FP’s and such as soon as you can!

Add me to the list of those that couldn’t resist the 40% off AP rate!! I just switched to YC CL for DS 16th bday in June. Our last YC CL stay was for his 10th bday. So much to catch up on!! Any big changes I need to know about? (I’ve already made ADRs & I’ll handle my own FP). TIA!

Awesome, congrats!! I agree the 40% is such a good deal, makes me smile to see it make a come-back. Also makes me want to keep renewing our AP's!

There have been some recent YC CL pictures posted in this thread if you scroll back a few/several pages!

Add me to the list of those that couldn’t resist the 40% off AP rate!! I just switched to YC CL for DS 16th bday in June. Our last YC CL stay was for his 10th bday. So much to catch up on!! Any big changes I need to know about? (I’ve already made ADRs & I’ll handle my own FP). TIA!

My trip reports are a little TLDR, but here are links to my reports from a few short stays earlier this year:

Yacht Club CL - July 2018

Yacht Club CL - Oct 2018

Yacht Club - Dec 2018

We sort of caught the YC bug this year, if you can’t tell. Hope they help!

With the discounts that dropped this week, DH and myself decided to book our third Disney vacation for 2019. We are definitely taking full advantage of the Disney visa discounts, AP 40% off, and the fun in the sun discount.

Trip #1 is March 30-April 6 Yacht club level/GF RPC
Trip #2 is May 31-June 8 Boardwalk Inn club level/ GF RPC
Trip #3 is June 30-July 6 GF RPC **Dad is going with us on this one

My 73 year old Dad (aka Mr Fredrickson) had so much fun Thanksgiving week at Disney, he wanted to return. He melted my heart when he told me he felt like a kid again at Disney and wanted to be a kid one more time. He has such good spirits considering he was told surgery was not option for prostate cancer removal. Waiting to hear from cancer doctor to whether if radiation treatments will work. Life is so short and I am cherishing the amazing memories my husband and I are making and now I am cherishing the memories with my Dad.

Thanks Disney for making dreams come true and for magical memories we all are making with our loved ones. :lovestruc

My 20-year anniversary is coming up and since we have APs I'm thinking about our first Disney CL stay. But, deciding where to stay is HARD! :rotfl2: We would be bringing our 14-year old and 11-year old. So, where can I find current menus? I saw some good pics of the AKL menu and that looked really good. Any CLs offer more than just breads, cereals and pastries? I don't eat those. Any of them have cappuccino makers?

With the discounts that dropped this week, DH and myself decided to book our third Disney vacation for 2019. We are definitely taking full advantage of the Disney visa discounts, AP 40% off, and the fun in the sun discount.

Trip #1 is March 30-April 6 Yacht club level/GF RPC
Trip #2 is May 31-June 8 Boardwalk Inn club level/ GF RPC
Trip #3 is June 30-July 6 GF RPC **Dad is going with us on this one

My 73 year old Dad (aka Mr Fredrickson) had so much fun Thanksgiving week at Disney, he wanted to return. He melted my heart when he told me he felt like a kid again at Disney and wanted to be a kid one more time. He has such good spirits considering he was told surgery was not option for prostate cancer removal. Waiting to hear from cancer doctor to whether if radiation treatments will work. Life is so short and I am cherishing the amazing memories my husband and I are making and now I am cherishing the memories with my Dad.

Thanks Disney for making dreams come true and for magical memories we all are making with our loved ones. :lovestruc

All of those trips sound lovely but that July one at GF will be wonderful! I love that he felt "like a kid again" - you guys will have so much fun!

....Any CLs offer more than just breads, cereals and pastries? I don't eat those. Any of them have cappuccino makers?
Beach Club had crepes, quiche, and grits for breakfast last week. BC and Atrium Club had meats, cheese, fruit, cereal, and oatmeal. They both had cappuccino machines.
These are the only menu pics I took.. They are from CR Atrium Club.
2D56E49D-3D3B-4E0E-A2CB-E1027D946AA5.jpeg B30BDE71-9AD8-4D07-AE74-A80A37037C2D.jpeg 865BAC30-C7C7-48E9-A8F5-85C4B22147F3.jpeg

Attachments

• 85D61340-8502-4DDF-87A1-95AE1020CD80.jpeg
    85D61340-8502-4DDF-87A1-95AE1020CD80.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Still so conflicted to get CLFP or not.
We have a few more months to decide but its killing me to keep flip flopping about it.

We are staying CL for the first time in late July. First time even staying deluxe too!
The main reason we wanted to do the CLFP is because it was like why not since we are already staying CL and getting a 3 day PH (3 days being the minimum in order to purchase it).
The other reason was because we thought maybe it would be a bit more of a relaxing trip since we were getting a minimum of 6 FP+ per day plus we could still work in a few more.
We also thought this would give us the chance to get back to our resort earlier to take advantage of drinks/desserts before the lounge closed.
Our plan was make our regular FP+ in the morning at the park we will start out at and then make the CLFP for a different park for late afternoon/early evening and maybe work in a couple more mid afternoon.

Its just my sister and I.
The main reason we are considering NOT doing it is the price tag. After tax it adds about $324 total to our trip.
We know how to work the system and fairly easily get decent 4th and beyonds via the refresh strategy. (example at MK last time when it was oddly extra crowded with extra long lines we had Space 9:15am, Splash 12pm, JC 1pm, got 4th for Under the Sea since it was a 60 minute wait, got a 5th for Philharmagic since it was a 25 minute wait, got one for Soarin' for 3:30pm, then got one for Soarin' at 7pm.)
We already have a FEA FP+ due to an issue during our last trip.
We would not use a CLFP on FOP as we have no desire to go on it since my sister gets motion sick and I can't see 3D.
We also would not use it on SDD because we are firm believers in RD.

With all things above considered would you say CLFP is worth it in our situation or are we better off saving our money?

We have a few more months to decide but its killing me to keep flip flopping about it.

We are staying CL for the first time in late July. First time even staying deluxe too!
The main reason we wanted to do the CLFP is because it was like why not since we are already staying CL and getting a 3 day PH (3 days being the minimum in order to purchase it).
The other reason was because we thought maybe it would be a bit more of a relaxing trip since we were getting a minimum of 6 FP+ per day plus we could still work in a few more.
We also thought this would give us the chance to get back to our resort earlier to take advantage of drinks/desserts before the lounge closed.
Our plan was make our regular FP+ in the morning at the park we will start out at and then make the CLFP for a different park for late afternoon/early evening and maybe work in a couple more mid afternoon.

The main reason we are considering NOT doing it is the price tag. After tax it adds about $324 total to our trip.
We know how to work the system and fairly easily get decent 4th and beyonds via the refresh strategy. (example at MK last time when it was oddly extra crowded with extra long lines we had Space 9:15am, Splash 12pm, JC 1pm, got 4th for Under the Sea since it was a 60 minute wait, got a 5th for Philharmagic since it was a 25 minute wait, got one for Soarin' for 3:30pm, then got one for Soarin' at 7pm.)
We would not use a CLFP on FOP as we have no desire to go on it since my sister gets motion sick and I can't see 3D.

With all things above considered would you say CLFP is worth it in our situation or are we better off saving our money?

IMO, seems to me you know it enough you’d probably be fine without, I’ve said it before that some people love them, I’m for them during peak crowds, but I’m not sold on them any other time, FYI summer crowds haven’t been the norm the last couple of years that I’ve noticed anyway.

It sounds like you have a solid plan and it looks like fun!.

We did this last summer and I thought it would make good use of our time. I'm glad I did it but probably would not again especially with our 3 kids. We rope dropped and then did the 6 FPs and my kids just got worn out and were ready to go. I think it was the long wait between so many FPs that did it.

I think if it was just be and DH or it we had done 3 in AM and 3 in PM like you have planned, I might want to do it again.

Since it is just you and your sister, it sounds like lots of fun. If it was just me and DH I might do it again too, but I don't want to pay for 5 people and have to kids not really be that into it.

Either way, it looks like you have a fun trip planned! Have a great time!!:flower1::flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter