Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So I tried to book the YC and BC this morning with the AP discount for June and discovered after an hour and a half on the phone with guest relations that as of 1/1/19 Club level Standard and Pool/lagoon view rooms at the YC and BC will now only accommodate 4 people. I am so disappointed! We were so looking forward to trying the YC club level! Thinking we might re-route to GF SL but not sure yet? They suggest Boardwalk but we haven't stayed there before? Any opinions and suggestions would be appreciated!
I ran into this as well, hence we booked the BWI. I do love the YC but it just wasn't to be this time because we wanted CL. Our kids are "technically" young adults ;) so the Crescent Lake resorts are really what we want for easy access to EPCOT and HS. At the BWI there are two rooms that will hold 5 ppl- Deluxe Club level and standard CL. We got the deluxe room which is bigger, faces the lake/boardwalk and has a balcony.

(Actually, the Deluxe Club room will hold 6 as it's a full-size pullout couch not daybed).

Upgraded to Club Level with the discount at Yacht Club. Now that we are spoiled from doing club level our last trip I'm afraid we can never go back :P We also did the extra fast passes last trip but not doing them this time, so when can I book our fast passes? is it 90 days out and 60 if you do the extra fast passes :confused3

Upgraded to Club Level with the discount at Yacht Club. Now that we are spoiled from doing club level our last trip I'm afraid we can never go back :P We also did the extra fast passes last trip but not doing them this time, so when can I book our fast passes? is it 90 days out and 60 if you do the extra fast passes :confused3
You can book the ones yourself at 60 days just like any other resort stay

Here - Now. at the Royal Palm at Grand Floridian.

This was appetizers: cheese, veggies, flatbread, loaded potato salad, and this little delicious BBQ pork tart.

LRM_EXPORT_8608469367962_20190105_171948218-768x1024.jpeg

Later, after dinner, lots of great little desserts

20190105_203824-e1546744083369-768x1024.jpg

20190105_203829-e1546744060890-768x1024.jpg

Congrats on the discount to upgrade to CL. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Here - Now. at the Royal Palm at Grand Floridian.

Hope you're having a great stay and enjoying RPC :).

I will definitely take lots of photos of the food because I was sure curious what was there ;-)

Love the pics, thanks for taking the time to post them. Looking forward to seeing more :goodvibes.

So I tried to book the YC and BC this morning with the AP discount for June and discovered after an hour and a half on the phone with guest relations that as of 1/1/19 Club level Standard and Pool/lagoon view rooms at the YC and BC will now only accommodate 4 people. I am so disappointed! We were so looking forward to trying the YC club level! Thinking we might re-route to GF SL but not sure yet? They suggest Boardwalk but we haven't stayed there before? Any opinions and suggestions would be appreciated!

So interesting! It has always been a mystery as to exactly how many rooms have daybeds (to sleep 5) and in which view categories, but this latest info indicates maybe they are trying to make it more definitive. We are a family of 4 with 2 teens and have always requested a daybed, most of the time receiving one but mainly just in CL standard view rooms, which was always sort of a bummer because we did enjoy balcony time with a decent view but a daybed was/is more important to our family.

We have an upcoming YC CL trip booked and I'm going to keep it for now but keep an eye out for any further info on this.

We have stayed at BWI CL and thought it was ok. Just DH and I would probably try BWI CL again someday. It was very quiet without many kids/families when we were there, so we didn't feel the normal Disney vibe that we usually feel at places like Poly and GF. Food was great, though!

We've also stayed at GF SL and my DH and kids really liked it! I think it was the location that was key. The building is in a great spot with easy and quick access to the pool(s) and back and forth to the lounge. Personally, I didn't love it, but I think that's because I love RPC so much and it was hard not to compare. However, as a family, we'd stay there again someday. Just staying at GF in general is great!

Really frustrated and upset right now. In November, I had booked a bounce back for July. I couldn’t get the room category I wanted, which was CL at WL. So I took a different category and have been checking obsessively (lol) for a CL room under the new summer discount. Last night I was so excited! I found one! I had to book it as three nights and then two additional nights. Not ideal, so this morning I called and cancelled my bounce back. Then I asked to have the two separate rooms I booked last night combined one reservation. No problem, said the CM, who helpfully combined them for me.

I hung up the phone and logged into MDE. Oh no...they had been combined. The room category had also changed entirely! I am now in a Courtyard room for all 5 nights! I am sitting on hold right now for guest services. I am so upset as now the 5 nights are not available with the discount any way that I check. I can’t believe the first CM changed the room category on me like that!!

Really frustrated and upset right now. In November, I had booked a bounce back for July. I couldn’t get the room category I wanted, which was CL at WL. So I took a different category and have been checking obsessively (lol) for a CL room under the new summer discount. Last night I was so excited! I found one! I had to book it as three nights and then two additional nights. Not ideal, so this morning I called and cancelled my bounce back. Then I asked to have the two separate rooms I booked last night combined one reservation. No problem, said the CM, who helpfully combined them for me.

I hung up the phone and logged into MDE. Oh no...they had been combined. The room category had also changed entirely! I am now in a Courtyard room for all 5 nights! I am sitting on hold right now for guest services. I am so upset as now the 5 nights are not available with the discount any way that I check. I can’t believe the first CM changed the room category on me like that!!
Are you sure they didn't just cancel the wrong reservation?

They can't usually "combine reservations", making 2 into 1. They can notate them as continuing reservations. Escalating to GS they can do this but you'd have to specifically ask for an escalation and speak to a separate operator.

Are you sure they didn't just cancel the wrong reservation?

They can't usually "combine reservations", making 2 into 1. They can notate them as continuing reservations. Escalating to GS they can do this but you'd have to specifically ask for an escalation and speak to a separate operator.
These were combined. The first reservation number is the same. I have double and triple checked my email confirmations from last night, and both rooms were originally CL rooms.

We've also stayed at GF SL and my DH and kids really liked it! I think it was the location that was key. The building is in a great spot with easy and quick access to the pool(s) and back and forth to the lounge. Personally, I didn't love it, but I think that's because I love RPC so much and it was hard not to compare.

I agree that SL is in a great location, but like you, I didn't love it. I also love RPC and find it very hard not to compare that to SL.

UPDATE
Guest services was able to straighten things out for me. I now have all 5 nights as one reservation WL standard CL room with the current summer discount. I am so grateful they were able to fix this for me!! I made sure I took the survey at the end of the call and gave the CM who fixed it all 5’s!

Glad guest services was able to straighten everything out! Have fun with the rest of your planning :goodvibes.

Super-excited! DH and I are booked for a 3-day/3-night trip in mid-November - BWI deluxe club level (our first stay at BWI). I only just found out about the extra FP+'s - with the 90-day window, this is going to be amazing for us (expensive, but amazing), especially if the new Star Wars stuff is open. :)!!!! We'll be doing one full day at USO, but this means we'll still be able to do all of our most-wanted's at WDW despite the time crunch.

Had a great quick trip to Poly CL last week around New Years. This was our second NYE trip at Poly and it didn't disappoint. The convenience of the Poly location and the amenities offered to Poly guests on special days like 12/31 cannot be understated, in my opinion. Obviously some could argue the Epcot resorts would be better for 12/31, but our plans were mostly MK-focused for the holiday, so a better fit for our itinerary overall. Although I would like to try the Epcot resorts for 12/31 sometime soon when the kids are a little older.

Anyway, some sights/sounds around Poly CL this trip, starting with Kakahiaka (breakfast) which features a pretty standard setup that doesn't vary much each day.

From left to right...
Swiss & Cheddar Cheese
Chorizo
Pistachio Mortadella
Capicola

Note, the breads/bagels/toaster that used to occupy this area are now served out in the lounge (I'll have a pic of the station later).
IMG_3855.jpg

Oatmeal with cinnamon topping.
IMG_3856.jpg

More toppings in the white containers include: Brown Sugar, Granola, and Dried Cherries. Also hard-boiled eggs and two types of individual yogurts - Honey Yogurt Berry Parfait and Honey Yogurt Mango Parfait. Last time I was at Poly (in July) they had a plain/no honey version yogurt cup as well, which I missed on this trip.
IMG_3857.jpg

Assorted pastries. Pretty much the same types as have been offered for quite awhile.
IMG_3858.jpg

Cereal options each day were Special K and Fruit Loops. I seem to remember there being three options in the past, although may be confusing CLs.
IMG_3859.jpg

Wine is self-serve in that chest to the left in the evenings, during breakfast it's not used. You can return dishes/drinks on that tray to the right if you so choose, or CMs clear tables as well. When we were at Poly in July, they removed the trash cans in the lounge during our stay. Annoyingly, this has continued. There is nowhere to throw away a napkin, empty bottle, soda can, apple core, etc - only this tray to the right. I was told 'management' thought trash cans and CMs hauling bags of trash in the lounge were unsightly (no idea if true or not, take with a grain of salt). But as a family who likes to clean up after ourselves, not having a trash can around is annoying in my opinion. Ok, can't believe I just spent so much time talking about a trash can. Moving on...
IMG_3860.jpg

Fruit selections included watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, and blackberries.
IMG_3861.jpg

Oranges and apples are in the bigger bowl. Fruit is served on this middle table behind the kid's couch.
IMG_3863.jpg

Not a bad way to start the day.
IMG_3862.jpg

Another morning.
IMG_5356.jpg

Continued on next post...

Last edited:
Here is the current state of Auinala (afternoon refreshments), served 12-4pm. These are more or less the same each day, with exceptions noted below.

Lettuce wraps....

Grilled Chicken or Shrimp (alternates each day)
Carrots
Sweet Chili Sauce
Sweet & Sour Sauce with Hot Mustard
Peanut Sauce

IMG_3951.jpg

Here's another afternoon with the shrimp.
IMG_4833.jpg

Pistachios
Cashews
Almonds
Dried Ginger
Dried Cranberries (oddly, seems very similar to the Dried Cherries noted as an oatmeal topping above)
Dried Papaya
IMG_3952.jpg

On another day they had Coconut shavings instead of Cranberries.
IMG_4834.jpg

Carrot Sticks
Broccoli
Celery Sticks
Cherry Tomatoes
Ranch Dressing
IMG_3953.jpg

Oatmeal Cookies (on another day there were Sugar Cookies instead of Oatmeal)
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gold Fish
Gummy Bears
IMG_3956.jpg

Polynesian Chips
Wonton and Potato Chips
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
Olive Tapenade
Mango Salsa
IMG_3957.jpg

To be continued on next post...

Had a great quick trip to Poly CL last week around New Years. This was our second NYE trip at Poly and it didn't disappoint. The convenience of the Poly location and the amenities offered to Poly guests on special days like 12/31 cannot be understated, in my opinion. Obviously some could argue the Epcot resorts would be better for 12/31, but our plans were mostly MK-focused for the holiday, so a better fit for our itinerary overall. Although I would like to try the Epcot resorts for 12/31 sometime soon when the kids are a little older.

Anyway, some sights/sounds around Poly CL this trip, starting with breakfast offerings which feature a pretty standard setup that doesn't vary much each day.

From left to right...
Swiss & Cheddar Cheese
Chorizo
Pistachio Mortadella
Capicola

Note, the breads/bagels/toaster that used to occupy this area are now served out in the lounge (I'll have a pic of the station later).
View attachment 373904

Oatmeal with cinnamon topping.
View attachment 373905

More toppings in the white containers include: Brown Sugar, Granola, and Dried Cherries. Also hard-boiled eggs and two types of individual yogurts - Honey Yogurt Berry Parfait and Honey Yogurt Mango Parfait. Last time I was at Poly (in July) they had a plain/no honey version yogurt cup as well, which I missed on this trip.
View attachment 373906

Assorted pastries. Pretty much the same types as have been offered for quite awhile.
View attachment 373907

Cereal options each day were Special K and Fruit Loops. I seem to remember there being three options in the past, although may be confusing CLs.
View attachment 373908

Wine is self-serve in that chest to the left in the evenings, during breakfast it's not used. You can return dishes/drinks on that tray to the right if you so choose, or CMs clear tables as well. When we were at Poly in July, they removed the trash cans in the lounge during our stay. Annoyingly, this has continued. There is no where to throw away a napkin, empty bottle, soda can, apple core, etc - only this tray to the right. I was told 'management' thought trash cans and CMs hauling bags of trash in the lounge were unsightly (no idea if true or not, take with a grain of salt). But as a family who likes to clean up after ourselves, not having a trash can around is annoying in my opinion. Ok, can't believe I just spent so much time talking about a trash can. Moving on...
View attachment 373909

Fruit selections included watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, and blackberries.
View attachment 373910

Oranges and applies are in the bigger bowl. Fruit is served on this middle table behind the kid's couch.
View attachment 373912

Not a bad way to start the day.
View attachment 373911

Another morning.
View attachment 373913

Is the fancy coffee machine still there? Love that thing!

Ahiahi (evening appetizers) are served 5pm-7pm. I've said this before on this thread, but the dramatic difference in Poly CL evening apps between just two years ago and today is pretty astonishing. This is the most well-themed I've seen the menu in any of our Poly trips to date.

Personally I'm a fan of the menu - it's a bit upscale but not too much (it's still Poly CL after all), ingredients and flavors are interesting and not something you'd find at other places or restaurants. Note these are truly small plates, and perhaps now more than ever you're not really getting a meal here for the most part. Just a light snack before something else, which is totally fine.

There were generally four small plates per night. On this night:

Watermelon Salad with Balsamic & Goat Cheese
IMG_3535.jpg

Tuna Poke
IMG_3536.jpg

Chicken Hull Hull
Seafood Stew (shrimp, muscles, sauce, and a piece of bread for dipping
IMG_3537.jpg

Assorted Crackers
Olive Tepanade
Assorted Cheeses
Same veggies and ranch dressing from the Afternoon Snack service
IMG_3538.jpg

A closer look this evening's dishes. I'm sure they do this on purpose, but I do wish Poly would go with a slightly larger plate (like YC) for evening apps - would make things so much easier.
IMG_3540.jpg

Here's a better look at the Seafood Stew - shrimp, muscles, and sauce. I've made fun of some prior-trip Poly dishes that had the tiniest little shrimps you've ever seen - but this shrimp was plenty big.
IMG_3543.jpg

This was from a different night - 12/31 actually, so I have limited pics. The lounge can get crowded on these bigger holidays and we were pretty busy.

Same Tuna Poke from two nights earlier (I think)
Quinoa Salad
Shrimp and Polenta (or maybe it was billed as shrimp and grits, not sure)
IMG_4859.jpg

Bread and Hummus
I didn't catch the cut of beef on the right, I think might have been prime rib (not sure)
IMG_4861.jpg

Last edited:
Here were evening apps on yet another night

Crab Deviled Eggs
Tomato Mozzarella Salad
Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi (excellent by the way)
Kona Coffee BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

A better look at all four selections on this particular evening.
IMG_5491.jpg

Not pictured are the "kids" offerings, which consisted of two options that tended to rotate each night. Chicken nuggets (with a Hawaiian sauce/glaze on them), cut-up Uncrustables, one night was something like a puff pastry with a meat inside, maybe 1-2 other things, not totally sure. They are served on a table towards the windows deep in the seating area, so not ideal for taking pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter