Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

However, I do make a point to remember names and write to guest services and/or the resort GM when we get back when/if we’ve had experiences that call for it. I have no idea if those get dumped in the trash or actually make it to that CM in some rewarding way, but I’ve always ‘hoped’ it does.

They do not end up in the trash. I make a point to do this after every WDW trip. 99% of the time, I get a phone call or a nice email concerning my comments from Guest Services. I really appreciate that. I usually keep my comments positive, with an occasional negative if really warranted (like the time a dog was in the GF Cafe...not a service dog...). Usually the GM will get the comments and then pass it along to the cast member(s). It really makes their day.

My sister is heading to the airport right now to head down to Disney with her family. I am so jealous!!! I am on spring break next week, but my kids still have school. I should have booked a last minute trip on my own and tagged along with them. Now I have to wait until July before I get my Disney fix again. I can’t wait for our first CL stay!!!!

Planning to do a BC CL stay in February 2020, but I can't decide on the dates. I am hoping the experts on this thread can help me out. I am thinking either the first week (February 2-8) or the second week-ish (February 6-13 or 7-14). We would leave before President's day weekend (President's day is Feb 17).

Some dates I am taking into consideration:
Feb 3 Super Bowl Parade maybe- Does this effect anything?
Jan 31-Feb 2 National Dance Team competition
February 7-9 Cheerleading Competition

Anyone go during this time in the past? What was your experience? Are the dance/cheerleading groups annoying or do they make it too crowded? I am thinking if we are CL, we won't really see them at the hotel, but I am worried about the parks. When do the President's weekend crowds start arriving? Please help me pick first or second week. Thank you!

Planning to do a BC CL stay in February 2020, but I can't decide on the dates. I am hoping the experts on this thread can help me out. I am thinking either the first week (February 2-8) or the second week-ish (February 6-13 or 7-14). We would leave before President's day weekend (President's day is Feb 17).

Anyone go during this time in the past? What was your experience? Are the dance/cheerleading groups annoying or do they make it too crowded? I am thinking if we are CL, we won't really see them at the hotel, but I am worried about the parks. When do the President's weekend crowds start arriving? Please help me pick first or second week. Thank you!

I was at WDW last month. We arrived the day after the Super Bowl. I do know people head to MK that Monday for the parade. Towards the end of the week, the cheerleading groups were EVERYWHERE. They were loud and practicing routines, hard to get around in the parks, taking over the buses, etc. We stayed at a deluxe and so didn’t see quite as many groups there- as I understand it, more of the groups are at the value and moderate resorts. It was still a very noticeable presence throughout WDW. We had to stay at Coronado Springs for a night (due to a flight cancellation an hour before departure), and the pools were crazy and the resort gave a karaoke machine to one of the groups! o_O
We still had a wonderful time of course, but the groups definitely started to arrive mid-week.

Last edited:
Well, as much as I was looking forward to trying the Contemporary next week, I am now at the Boardwalk Inn! A room became available on the club level and I took it. Just couldn’t pass it up. It is at my cast discount, so it was a no brained for me. Just love it there and with Flower and Garden going on it will be nice. So if anyone else is there next week, say hi if you see me in the lounge!

Well, as much as I was looking forward to trying the Contemporary next week, I am now at the Boardwalk Inn! A room became available on the club level and I took it. Just couldn’t pass it up. It is at my cast discount, so it was a no brained for me. Just love it there and with Flower and Garden going on it will be nice. So if anyone else is there next week, say hi if you see me in the lounge!
Sounds wonderful! Enjoy Flower and Garden! :butterfly:flower::daisy::flower2::flower1:

We were at YC CL Feb 2- 8th. I always check the website for room availability as our trip approaches to see how full the resort is. YC was booked but BC had some rooms available. The pool & restaurants were not busy however.

The parks were busy but not packed. I noticed groups around, but they did not affect us at all. We saw a few Quince groups being led around the parks but did not notice any chanting & we were able to move away from them easily. Same with what I assumed were cheer groups. We really weren’t bothered by groups at all. But don’t expect any empty parks.

We did go into MK Monday for the SB Parade. It got pretty busy in the afternoon, especially with Patriots fans. Main Street was packed for the parade but it was really fun. I would definitely do that week & the parade again.

Does anyone know how the closing of Mizner's for refurbishment and moving the band will affect the atmosphere/ambiance at RPC? I don't have a RPC stay scheduled, but we had toyed with the idea of staying 1-3 nights if the right discount appeared, so I'm curious about the effects of the refurbishment. We've never stayed at GF, so not visualizing well.

Does anyone know how the closing of Mizner's for refurbishment and moving the band will affect the atmosphere/ambiance at RPC? I don't have a RPC stay scheduled, but we had toyed with the idea of staying 1-3 nights if the right discount appeared, so I'm curious about the effects of the refurbishment. We've never stayed at GF, so not visualizing well.

I'm wondering the same. We got a great discount for RPC in September but are rethinking the trip for multiple reasons, this being one of them.

My sister is heading to the airport right now to head down to Disney with her family. I am so jealous!!! I am on spring break next week, but my kids still have school. I should have booked a last minute trip on my own and tagged along with them. Now I have to wait until July before I get my Disney fix again. I can’t wait for our first CL stay!!!!

Hope your sister is having a good time. July isn't that far away, you'll be heading to Disney before you know it :goodvibes.

I'm wondering the same. We got a great discount for RPC in September but are rethinking the trip for multiple reasons, this being one of them.
I've not seen a "great" discount for RPC. I guess "great" is relative... Gotta be something else for me to book, especially if I'm going solo and have no one else to help foot the bill! I'd love to go in Sept. and stay in the Main building.

I've not seen a "great" discount for RPC. I guess "great" is relative... Gotta be something else for me to book, especially if I'm going solo and have no one else to help foot the bill! I'd love to go in Sept. and stay in the Main building.

Agreed, it's definitely relative! It was a 30% discount for September 2019. This spring, 35% was available. I'm pretty sure AP holders have been able to get 40%:eek: for spring. We have begrudgingly paid rack rate for RPC in the past (and never want to do so again!), so 30% seems great to us! :-)

We booked it at 40% off in June. I know it’s still pricey because of the crazy rack rate, but I call that a great discount :thumbsup2. I had really been wanting to stay there one more time before we size out when our twins turn 3, and when I saw that 40% discount I couldn’t pass it up and planned “one more” big summer trip! I have to agree, you lose value when it’s one person in the room. We have 6.

Going solo is a lot to swallow, even with a discount....especially with how room rates have been on the rise :sad2:.

We booked it at 40% off in June. I know it’s still pricey because of the crazy rack rate, but I call that a great discount :thumbsup2. I had really been wanting to stay there one more time before we size out when our twins turn 3, and when I saw that 40% discount I couldn’t pass it up and planned “one more” big summer trip! I have to agree, you lose value when it’s one person in the room. We have 6.

I agree, 40% is a great discount! I couldn't believe it was that high when the AP discounts were released. I don't blame you for getting in one more RPC stay, gotta take advantage of that discount ;).

IMO Disney is the best in the business as far as making guests feel comfortable or accommodated!

I wouldn’t worry about some work being overly bothersome.

The “Grand” to me is always wonderful even if they are in the process of making it more beautiful!

Just checked in at Beach Club. So far CL has been amazing! We got the room ready text as we were walking to the main desk and were brought to the 5th floor. We were given welcome champagne and a tour of the lounge. Snacked on a few things and were asked by 3 different CMs if we needed additional refills :drinking1

We didn’t get the requested back side, but we have a view of the front of Beach Club, not the flat roof and it’s beautiful! My family is so happy we upgraded to CL just after how nice everyone has been and the first day of light snacks :rotfl:

Thank you for all your suggestions!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter