Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Same here.

The funny thing is, as a kid I always wanted to stay at CR because of the monorail, but as an adult it wasn't a priority to try because I'm underwhelmed by the theming. But as soon as I booked, I got really excited!

We have stayed at CR a couple of times once Park View and one in Garden section, loved both. To be able to walk to Magic Kingdom is a huge plus! Enjoy :thumbsup2

So because I am a weirdo lol. I check availability on my resort daily. So this morning for my dates, 7/31-8/8 all club level rooms are gone. Not only at YC , but BC and BWI also. Last night there was availability at all of them . In fact ever day there was for weeks. Wonder if they are pulling stock?
I had the same problem trying to change my BWI CL dates the first week of August but was able to find availability the 9th -14th.

So because I am a weirdo lol. I check availability on my resort daily. So this morning for my dates, 7/31-8/8 all club level rooms are gone. Not only at YC , but BC and BWI also. Last night there was availability at all of them . In fact ever day there was for weeks. Wonder if they are pulling stock?
I also check my resort daily for upcoming trips, lol. I don’t think you are weird! So this morning I noticed no availability at all (even rack) for CR for any room through mid September and no club level at any resort through the end of August. Sigh. I don’t know what it means but I’m getting really tired of having to try to decipher...

Animal Kingdom CL is still showing up for fall. I have a DVC CL booked, and it would be my luck if club level gets canceled the one time I'm able to snag this.

Animal Kingdom CL is still showing up for fall. I have a DVC CL booked, and it would be my luck if club level gets canceled the one time I'm able to snag this.
It is still showing up for fall, but not prior to Sept 1 from what I could find. I hope you get your stay. Again, I don’t know what the availability (or lack-thereof) means. It may mean nothing, but it’s a change I saw today.

If the hotel is open I don't think we'll see the services reduced. Changed up a little, yes, but not reduced.
If DVC were permitted to come in but the hotel side was still not open then we probably would see the point difference between CL and a standard room returned to us.

I'm betting it will be open by August/September and the only differences will be in how food is served/how many tables are in the lounge. We may be encouraged to bring the food back to our rooms, especially since ours are right off the lobby.

:dogdance:I just booked the first part of a split stay for Disney's 50th Anniversary. First resort is also a first for us and I am so excited!! Polynesian Lagoon view club level for September 30-October 5th. My birthday will also be that week so :bday: to me. The second resort of our split stay will be at Animal Kingdom Lodge club level (I can't book this until 4 days from now) for October 5-9. So this trip will be an adventure to the poly island and the savanna of Africa.

It is still showing up for fall, but not prior to Sept 1 from what I could find. I hope you get your stay. Again, I don’t know what the availability (or lack-thereof) means. It may mean nothing, but it’s a change I saw today.
I guess I was able to modify mine in the nick of time. I was able to switch my BWI CL dates to Aug 9-14 and add Poly 5-9 yesterday and now there is no CL availability. If CL is canceled, I can live with that. I just hope they downgrade the room and not just cancel it.

It appears more and more likely that there will be an announcement within the next few days that both the NBA and pro soccer will complete their seasons at Disney World. I haven't had the time for the past month or so to keep up with all the threads in this forum, but I remember the theory being put forward that Coronado Springs will be reserved for NBA players. My admittedly wildly optimistic hope is that Disney World is going to cancel a bunch of reservations at Coronado Springs (including my five day CL stay from August 2-7) and give a bunch of guests free upgrades to a Deluxe resort (in my case, a free upgrade to CL at the Polynesian, or so I hope). If my theory comes to pass, then perhaps Disney World has temporarily stopped taking CL reservations, in order to prepare for the job of shuffling a few thousand guests around. Or so I hope.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that, around ten minutes ago, CNN mentioned the possibility of both pro basketball and pro soccer going to Disney World for the summer, so this story has certainly advanced past the rumour stage.

EDIT 2: Below is link to a New York Post story from earlier today:

NBA restarting season at Disney World is almost done deal

Last edited:
For someone who isn’t a big fan of roller coasters, this one in particular is a doozy.

I have two AKL CL (DVC) weeks booked this summer. One with just me and DS and one is a special trip with my mom the last week of August. Until I saw that the CL rooms had all been pulled until after Labour Day, my biggest concern was whether Disney would even be open. Now I have to add the worry about whether they will have the lounges open at all. I also snagged a two night cash reservation to try out the club level at, where else, CSR. Exactly where all rooms have now been pulled entirely from inventory.

I’m not sure why it would be so difficult, as (at least at AKL) the chef plates individual appetizer portions and there are always CMs in the lounge. The CMs could easily just hand out the plates to guests. Sometimes, they will just bring me more (they know my obsession with the butter chicken). Why couldn’t they continue to do this? It wouldn’t even require extra staff. Sorry, this made me extra grumpy on top of an already grumpifying day.

I also check my resort daily for upcoming trips, lol. I don’t think you are weird! So this morning I noticed no availability at all (even rack) for CR for any room through mid September and no club level at any resort through the end of August. Sigh. I don’t know what it means but I’m getting really tired of having to try to decipher...

Me too! I hope the club levels disappearing isn’t related to the NBA. I really can’t see some of those “stars” staying at anything but deluxe club level. We have YC CL booked July 13-18. I’m beginning to think it’s not happening. We also have September 12-18 booked too. I hope that one will happen.

OMG PLEASE DO NOT RUIN DISNEY WITH SPORTS

Disney has a long tradition of associations with sports. Not just the many movies (including one that birthed a real NHL team), but back in the day they had the Richard Petty Experience for motorsports enthusiasts. In addition to the aforementioned youth tournaments that happen there constantly, WWoS has also hosted a WNBA pre-season tournament and the old Orlando City SC that was in the USL Pro soccer league played an entire season of home games there a while back. The “I’m going to Disney World!” catchphrase literally came from the Super Bowl and the winners have had a parade every year in MK for as long as I can remember. There’s also an entire resort themed to sports.

Somehow, in all of that, the World did not end. No one will make you watch anyone bounce a ball if you don’t want to and Mickey’s not gonna posterize your family. It’ll be fine.

I’ve noticed that CL rooms seem to have disappeared. I was even checking another travel site that has good Disney rates and their inventory seemed to show absolutely no CL rooms coming up for August, October & November?!? What’s going on?

I’ve noticed that CL rooms seem to have disappeared. I was even checking another travel site that has good Disney rates and their inventory seemed to show absolutely no CL rooms coming up for August, October & November?!? What’s going on?

No one knows. Llama mama is the first one who posted about it this morning. Rooms were showing yesterday & now they’re gone. Just another Disney mystery.

Disney has a long tradition of associations with sports. Not just the many movies (including one that birthed a real NHL team), but back in the day they had the Richard Petty Experience for motorsports enthusiasts. In addition to the aforementioned youth tournaments that happen there constantly, WWoS has also hosted a WNBA pre-season tournament and the old Orlando City SC that was in the USL Pro soccer league played an entire season of home games there a while back. The “I’m going to Disney World!” catchphrase literally came from the Super Bowl and the winners have had a parade every year in MK for as long as I can remember. There’s also an entire resort themed to sports.

Somehow, in all of that, the World did not end. No one will make you watch anyone bounce a ball if you don’t want to and Mickey’s not gonna posterize your family. It’ll be fine.
I think my concern would be that Disney would allocate rooms to the sports teams that would limit the number of rooms available to us Disney nuts.

I think my concern would be that Disney would allocate rooms to the sports teams that would limit the number of rooms available to us Disney nuts.

Your concern is noted, but it’s unfounded. There’s 30 NBA teams. Even if we operate under the assumption that everyone will be on property at once, if you include staff members like coaches, trainers, etc. we still aren’t talking about a huge number of people compared to the total number of rooms available on property or even across just the Deluxe resorts. Disney routinely hosts sport/dance/cheer competitions involving more people than this at WWoS. The worst that happens if guests are impacted by these kinds of things is they get moved to a different resort. No one is going to go without a room because an NBA player or staff member took it away.

More importantly, we also don’t know exactly why CL rooms were removed from inventory. It may have nothing to do with this rumor at all, maybe it’s part of an effort to reduce capacity or save money by not initially offering CL to save on staffing lounges, maybe it’s just that Disney’s jenga pile of an IT system screwed something up. People are making some really wild assumptions and, imo, based almost entirely on various biases they have. All caps screaming about “sports ruining Disney” over a rumor is weird to me. We simply don’t know enough to start declaring the sky is falling. If I had a trip planned during this timeframe, I’d be far more worried about getting into the parks tbh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter