Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Been at the beach for a week... come back and nearly every DIS Covid thread I follow has hundreds/thousands of posts and page after page of new content. And the punchline from them all is nothing is any different than before I left! :rotfl:

Guess it’s back to VRBO for more beach trips for us this summer. :beach:
You made the smart move. It’s been a stressful Dis week. 😂

Been at the beach for a week... come back and nearly every DIS Covid thread I follow has hundreds/thousands of posts and page after page of new content. And the punchline from them all is nothing is any different than before I left! :rotfl:

Guess it’s back to VRBO for more beach trips for us this summer. :beach: We had not taken a non-hotel trip anywhere in awhile - not going to lie, it was nice to have a home/separate place to stay given the current environment.

To add to the mystery, Bay Lake has availability. If they were closing CR for the NBA, they'd have to close Bay Lake as well- and I don't know how they could with it being DVC. Could just be that it's being reserved as a resort to move guests from CSR as well as combining from other Deluxes if they choose to not open them all.
I still have a theory that that they moved CSR peeps to CR, there are so many rooms there that if they are doing an every other room approach that it would cause them to get to their limit. Between those already booked at CR and the people moved it would take away availability, and Disney wouldn't want to keep it open for more bookings just in case. It would be weird to put NBA people there with as many restaurants that draw people in (Cali Grill and Chef Mickeys, and I do love me some Wave) and to have all the BLT people there, that's no way to create a bubble. Just a theory though because I'm bored.

:dogdance:I just booked the first part of a split stay for Disney's 50th Anniversary. First resort is also a first for us and I am so excited!! Polynesian Lagoon view club level for September 30-October 5th. My birthday will also be that week so :bday: to me. The second resort of our split stay will be at Animal Kingdom Lodge club level (I can't book this until 4 days from now) for October 5-9. So this trip will be an adventure to the poly island and the savanna of Africa.

You will love Poly LV CL!!! For our stay in Oct 2018, I requested 3rd floor, close to lounge (3rd floor was listed first). We had the very last room on the 3rd floor that had an amazing view of the castle :cloud9:. It was quite a walk to the lounge, but I didn't mind one bit as the view made up for it (not that I would have minded the walk anyway). Your trip sounds amazing as I think a Poly CL/AKL CL split is a nice combination :goodvibes.

I saw CL rooms in September and October. Are we talking about just one resort?

Contemplating an Oct trip and just checked resorts for 10/21-10/25 and found availability at all CLs except WL. Hopefully Disney gives some details soon as to what we can expect going forward.

Your concern is noted, but it’s unfounded. There’s 30 NBA teams. Even if we operate under the assumption that everyone will be on property at once, if you include staff members like coaches, trainers, etc. we still aren’t talking about a huge number of people compared to the total number of rooms available on property or even across just the Deluxe resorts. Disney routinely hosts sport/dance/cheer competitions involving more people than this at WWoS. The worst that happens if guests are impacted by these kinds of things is they get moved to a different resort. No one is going to go without a room because an NBA player or staff member took it away.

More importantly, we also don’t know exactly why CL rooms were removed from inventory. It may have nothing to do with this rumor at all, maybe it’s part of an effort to reduce capacity or save money by not initially offering CL to save on staffing lounges, maybe it’s just that Disney’s jenga pile of an IT system screwed something up. People are making some really wild assumptions and, imo, based almost entirely on various biases they have. All caps screaming about “sports ruining Disney” over a rumor is weird to me. We simply don’t know enough to start declaring the sky is falling. If I had a trip planned during this timeframe, I’d be far more worried about getting into the parks tbh.

Thank you for the reality check kylenne!

Yes, we are a disney fan site, but we need to keep an even keel ... given our current situation with COVID-19 and Disney trying to follow rules and do the right thing, I'll be happy if I get a room at all.

I wish Disney would just level with Club Level guests. If club level lounges aren't going to be open, it would really help if they'd tell us that while we had the opportunity to rebook while availability in other categories & resorts still exists. In my case, I might even change to a different resort if Club Level isn't going to be worthwhile, but I can't do that now as I have no clue what the situation will be because Disney isn't openly communicating with guests.

Maybe the lack of availability is a good thing, and they're just planning to deliver the same lounge quality that we're used to, but figure that they need a smaller group of club level guests to be able to do that safely when they first reopen. Who knows? I just wish that I did know, or that I would know soon.

It appears more and more likely that there will be an announcement within the next few days that both the NBA and pro soccer will complete their seasons at Disney World. I haven't had the time for the past month or so to keep up with all the threads in this forum, but I remember the theory being put forward that Coronado Springs will be reserved for NBA players. My admittedly wildly optimistic hope is that Disney World is going to cancel a bunch of reservations at Coronado Springs (including my five day CL stay from August 2-7) and give a bunch of guests free upgrades to a Deluxe resort (in my case, a free upgrade to CL at the Polynesian, or so I hope). If my theory comes to pass, then perhaps Disney World has temporarily stopped taking CL reservations, in order to prepare for the job of shuffling a few thousand guests around. Or so I hope.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that, around ten minutes ago, CNN mentioned the possibility of both pro basketball and pro soccer going to Disney World for the summer, so this story has certainly advanced past the rumour stage.

EDIT 2: Below is link to a New York Post story from earlier today:

NBA restarting season at Disney World is almost done deal
In this day and age where they don’t have extra money to work with I think the only people upgraded to Deluxe CL would be GDT CL guests. And I’m thinking it would only be to AKL as that’s really rather considered a Mod(+)... If AKL is full then the other Deluxes might come into play... I also think non-GDT guests will probably find themselves at another Mod. (Suites will be a different ballgame.)

Last edited:
Your concern is noted, but it’s unfounded. There’s 30 NBA teams. Even if we operate under the assumption that everyone will be on property at once, if you include staff members like coaches, trainers, etc. we still aren’t talking about a huge number of people compared to the total number of rooms available on property or even across just the Deluxe resorts. Disney routinely hosts sport/dance/cheer competitions involving more people than this at WWoS. The worst that happens if guests are impacted by these kinds of things is they get moved to a different resort. No one is going to go without a room because an NBA player or staff member took it away.

More importantly, we also don’t know exactly why CL rooms were removed from inventory. It may have nothing to do with this rumor at all, maybe it’s part of an effort to reduce capacity or save money by not initially offering CL to save on staffing lounges, maybe it’s just that Disney’s jenga pile of an IT system screwed something up. People are making some really wild assumptions and, imo, based almost entirely on various biases they have. All caps screaming about “sports ruining Disney” over a rumor is weird to me. We simply don’t know enough to start declaring the sky is falling. If I had a trip planned during this timeframe, I’d be far more worried about getting into the parks tbh.
“Disney’s jenga pile of an IT system”
:rotfl2:

I spoke with a CM regarding switching our CL room from one resort to another. There is no availability from July-September, but was told all CL rooms will be honored. However, not sure about the CL amenities that will come with it. Clear as mud until an official announcement comes out.

I spoke with a CM regarding switching our CL room from one resort to another. There is no availability from July-September, but was told all CL rooms will be honored. However, not sure about the CL amenities that will come with it. Clear as mud until an official announcement comes out.
I think they have to give themselves some room to decide as necessary what is the safest way to deliver amenities at the time. It may vary.

I also think they will try to deliver as nice a product as they can given the circumstances.

You made the smart move. It’s been a stressful Dis week. 😂

It’s sort of interesting. Through much of this we’ve been on the “we’ll still probably go to WDW when they reopen in whatever form” team, and for the most part will probably still keep that mindset to some extent. APs and room only reservations make it easy to keep changing/adjusting/monitoring, with little downside.

But going to a place where they was very little to effectively no influence or reminders about a global pandemic ended up having a lot more appeal than I expected. As the passage of time and WDW experience uncertainty continues, this may just end up being a beach and/or mountain kind of summer for us*.

*sentiment subject to change :goodvibes

It’s sort of interesting. Through much of this we’ve been on the “we’ll still probably go to WDW when they reopen in whatever form” team, and for the most part will probably still keep that mindset to some extent. APs and room only reservations make it easy to keep changing/adjusting/monitoring, with little downside.

But going to a place where they was very little to effectively no influence or reminders about a global pandemic ended up having a lot more appeal than I expected. As the passage of time and WDW experience uncertainty continues, this may just end up being a beach and/or mountain kind of summer for us*.

*sentiment subject to change :goodvibes
I hear you.
We do have a Disney trip planned for July and a backup (lol) for August but if it doesn't work out we will just go later. Trying not to be stressed about it.
We just really want to get away after being cooped up for so long.
We live near the beach so never really think to take a beach vacation, but now we are thinking about it with extended family. Low key and stress free sounds pretty nice about now!

I had CL booked for the summer but I decided to just book a regular room for October and see what happens. I really don't want to pay so much extra without knowing exactly what is going to be available as far as lounge services.

I don't think I would like being sent back to the room with food, or having a time slot, or any of the other ways they might manage it. I'd rather book an ADR and bring my own snacks for the room. At Disney's CL price point it needs to feel special.

I just bailed on Beach Club club level for this July. Was so tired of worrying if it would be worth the cost, as it was expensive. Between no CLFP & the lounge not being a sure place where we could casually drop in and get snacks as we're accustomed to doing during club level stays, I decided to switch to a standard room at Yacht Club, and use the saved money to splurge on cabanas for two days, instead, as well as reserved umbrellas at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach on two other days. I feel good about having finally made up my mind in the absence of any helpful information from Disney, and about having guaranteed pool access on our cabana days.

We have a short December stay booked for AKL that is non-club, as well. That was a bounceback booking and a good deal for Christmas season. We like club level (the way it used to be), so I'm sure we'll do it again sometime, when I know it will be worthwhile.

Last edited:
I just bailed on Beach Club club level for this July. Was so tired of worrying if it would be worth the cost, as it was expensive. Between no CLFP & the lounge not being a sure place where we could casually drop in and get snacks as we're accustomed to doing during club level stays, I decided to switch to a standard room at Yacht Club, and use the saved money to splurge on cabanas for two days, instead, as well as reserved umbrellas at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach on two other days. I feel good about having finally made up my mind in the absence of any helpful information from Disney, and about having guaranteed pool access on our cabana days.

We have a short December stay booked for AKL that is non-club, as well. That was a bounceback booking and a good deal for Christmas season. We like club level (the way it used to be), so I'm sure we'll do it again sometime, when I know it will be worthwhile.
That’s what we did too! Spent the club level money on 5 - 1/2 day cabana rentals at YC for the first week of Aug. I will hopefully order food and drinks to be delivered via Garden Grocer or Prime Now. Also, might have room serve for a few meals too. I will miss the lounge but I am happy with my decision .

That’s what we did too! Spent the club level money on 5 - 1/2 day cabana rentals at YC for the first week of Aug. I will hopefully order food and drinks to be delivered via Garden Grocer or Prime Now. Also, might have room serve for a few meals too. I will miss the lounge but I am happy with my decision .
You have just created a very special trip. I love it! :beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter