Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So here’s an idea I’ve been thinking of regarding the club level reservations that were adjusted to non club level rooms as part of removing free dining and adjusting the package to reflect the 35% off the room...is it possible they have not yet made a decision to do away with CL as far out as we’ve seen (Dec), but that they have locked the CL rooms out of the system and the CM adjusting the packages were not able to access them? Terrible, I know, for those effected, but I’m wondering if it may be as simple as that. It has been a bit of a clumsy roll out with adjustments after all. That doesn’t explain why no one is able to get any answers on their adjusted reservations. Just something I’ve been thinking about.

I had the free dining removed and the 35% discount added to my August WL CL stay and it is still CL. I think some people just made mistakes when making the change.

So here’s an idea I’ve been thinking of regarding the club level reservations that were adjusted to non club level rooms as part of removing free dining and adjusting the package to reflect the 35% off the room...is it possible they have not yet made a decision to do away with CL as far out as we’ve seen (Dec), but that they have locked the CL rooms out of the system and the CM adjusting the packages were not able to access them? Terrible, I know, for those effected, but I’m wondering if it may be as simple as that.

I'd LOVE to agree with you here!!
My upcoming December bounce back trip- Wilderness Lodge, club level, free dining - has been updated to reflect the "recovery 20" discount, but still remains "standard room - club level" in my reservation on MDE.

I'm hoping that they aren't making decisions in June for what "might be" in December, which is still 6 months away.

I'm hoping that they aren't making decisions in June for what "might be" in December, which is still 6 months away.

It's better for them to say it's paused until December and then later open it back up earlier than expected. This way they avoid people being annoyed thinking that it is going to be available and then having it taken away later. Covid cases have been increasing in FL the past week, so who knows what the future will hold in terms of capacity, experiences, and open resorts. I think they are being realistic.

It's better for them to say it's paused until December and then later open it back up earlier than expected. This way they avoid people being annoyed thinking that it is going to be available and then having it taken away later. Covid cases have been increasing in FL the past week, so who knows what the future will hold in terms of capacity, experiences, and open resorts. I think they are being realistic.

I agree 100%.

I don’t want to be a downer, but the reason that AKL CL opened up was because all booking categories at Jambo, which had been completely and inexplicably blocked to DVC members for the last few weeks from now until 2021, suddenly dumped rooms into inventory of every category and size. Unfortunately, CL for DVC is simply a booking category and I would not read its availability to mean anything at all in terms of the larger operations of CL across the resorts. They weren’t even smart enough to block off Jambo prior to June 22, so it’s not like they actually know what they’re doing.

I just cancelled our July CL stay at AKL after losing hope but am clinging to our week at the end of August so believe me, I want this as much as anyone, but I wouldn’t read anything into the availability of DVC CL rooms being available again.

Thanks for the feedback. DVC had almost all room showing available prior to 6/22, DH looked daily just to see if they would ever update the site. I have heard lots of rumors as to why AKL Jambo was not available here on the boards and the Book of Faces. I have no idea what is true what isn't.

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope we both get feedback here on this thread before our 30 day cancel window.

I called yesterday about our YC CL stay July 8-11. We got moved to the Riviera, 1 br and not happy with that at all. It ended up being $120 less, so little more than just a sideways move- certainly not an upgrade. It would seem the more expensive a stay you have, the less impressive your move will be. We'll most likely end up cancelling.

seriously? not even BC? as a YC/BC family that would be a huge disappointment. You fly or drive?

So DVC CL at AK opened up for reservations today. DH was able to snag us one night. We have never stayed CL. We aren't going until late August but I'm reading all your posts and wondering if I'm wasting my points on something I've always heard was a great experience only to be let down.

I'd love to hear the opinion from you the experts. I know things can change is a heart beat as Disney is constantly changing and updating things.

I would not assume CL will be offered. All Jambo rooms were open, even starting June 22nd, and it has not been given an open date.

I called yesterday about our YC CL stay July 8-11. We got moved to the Riviera, 1 br and not happy with that at all. It ended up being $120 less, so little more than just a sideways move- certainly not an upgrade. It would seem the more expensive a stay you have, the less impressive your move will be. We'll most likely end up cancelling.
I wouldn’t be happy either honestly. Sorry 😔

For what it is worth I mostly stay cl. However I did do a Riviera 1 bedroom this February. Honestly the RR rooms look way nicer that the current deluxe rooms elsewhere.

Besides it is new! That murphy bed was so fun lol!

There is a lot of space and a guaranteed balcony/patio. Pools are pretty too.

Only drawback i see is that if the skyliner down that would be a different experience. However a short bus ride everywhere with its central location.

Best of luck deciding its not easy, just hope this helps you/others.

For what it is worth I mostly stay cl. However I did do a Riviera 1 bedroom this February. Honestly the RR rooms look way nicer that the current deluxe rooms elsewhere.

Besides it is new! That murphy bed was so fun lol!

There is a lot of space and a guaranteed balcony/patio. Pools are pretty too.

Only drawback i see is that if the skyliner down that would be a different experience. However a short bus ride everywhere with its central location.

Best of luck deciding its not easy, just hope this helps you/others.
We had original reservations there. I love the Riviera, but that doesn't make it a decent upgrade.

We had original reservations there. I love the Riviera, but that doesn't make it a decent upgrade.
Did they credit you down for the loss of CL? Or simply say you spent X you get X??

I looked it up . YC water view CL is 935 and RR std 1 br is 925 weekday/971 weekend. So price wise a similar switch.

Although if I get moved from Mono area I won't be happy myself:rolleyes1

Last edited:
Update from @cakebaker on Resort changes thread Disney did NOT refund the CL portion :scared1:
I actually just called back to make absolutely sure, and no, no refund on the CL portion. Here's the reasoning:

The Riviera was significantly higher rack rate than the YC was AT THE RATE I PAID. That's important. I was on an AP discount. So...while they say you aren't getting charged to move, they are, in effect, taking away any discount you had. Had they compared rack rate at YC CL to rack rate at Riviera, there would have been a significant difference. But they aren't. They're looking at what you paid for where you are compared to rack rate at where they're moving you.

That does not explain my daughter who, with an AP discount, got moved from POFQ to OKW to a 2 br AND got a refund nearly $300 for her 5 night stay. It is what it is, and we will not be going to the Riviera. If we went at all, and I highly doubt it, we'll just stay at OKW with her. She's paying $250 a night/6 people. Sure beats what I'm paying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter