Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Oh ok, wow. I've honestly never stayed in a villa, and while I have a general notion that they are stocked, not sure I've ever really paid that close attention. Guess I didn't need those red solo cups in my Garden Grocery order!

I'm starting to think moving from BLT to CR standard room is going to be a rough transition. :charac2:

(Sorry for all the villa talk y'all)
The rough transition is when the kids don’t have their own room and you lose the hangout living area , 2 balconies , 3 toilets, and a full size refrigerator.

Oh even as teens my 2 put on swim suits and used the huge tub as a pool and watched cartoons! All new world!

Being able to wash the face masks will be nice too. I am so excited lol. I love blt.

The elevator says going up / going down. You’ll be talking “like her” after the 1st day, The curved halls are fun too! So many windows and amazing views!

Then when cl is back we can all go back to a cl trip. I totally forgot I booked GF rpc for 1/1-1/3/21. Hope that one sticks!

We were also booked at WL CL for December (19 - 23). Disney moved us to a 1-BR Villa at BR. We actually go refunded about $200 due to the decrease in price.

Glad to hear this! My dates are currently Dec 19-24th! I booked CL so that we could have acess to food "on demand" and if we were to be moved to a resort room that has a kitchenette I'd be more than satisfied. Thank you for posting!

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, guys, but try to keep your expectations low as they start back up again. We've been here since mid-week and the food situation on property is very mediocre. It's as if some of the cast members haven't worked here before. It's very slow at Kona and the food isn't great. They currently aren't receiving shipments and deliveries per usual (i.e., they ran out of potstickers at Kona, milk has been non-existent at Cooks in the mornings, etc). Things like that. It's confusing in quick service with the mug refills and mobile pickups, which direction you can go and when. This is just with a handful of families. We shudder to think what it will be like with more. So while the food is great usually, there's a pretty good chance it will not meet your expectations until they get back into a solid routine again.

Thanks for the update :).

We just bought some DVC resale. We weren’t supposed to have any 2020 points. When I checked my points a week or two ago, there were 132 points available for 2020. The previous owner must not have been able to use them due to the closure. We can’t bank them since most of them were already baked. We figured we would go down in August and use them up. I realize that things won’t be normal but it’s a good opportunity to explore the resort. We also plan on going to DS and maybe City Walk. The Poly will be open for non DVC rooms then too so hopefully there will be more going on. Also heading to BLT for two days after Poly. I will have to stop at store and pick up some adult beverages on way in just in case 😉.

Hope you have a nice trip :wizard:.

My club level saga is over... guest services called me back again today (yay I didn’t have to wait on hold!)

quick recap—when they dropped my dining plan from my Sept AKL CL they also dropped the CL, been talking to them to figure out/fix it.

it was indeed a mistake, but since Neither CL or AKL - Jambo have scheduled opening dates (she has been told not likely for the rest of 2020 at least) they couldn’t reinstate.

Instead they moved me to a one bedroom savannah View at kidani village.

Glad it all got straightened out :goodvibes.

Have you stayed at RR yet? We did in February. Rooms are gorgeous!
No we haven’t! We got moved there from Gran Destino. I never thought we’d stay there so I am looking forward to a new experience! The rooms do look really beautiful. Very reminiscent of VGF, my DVC home resort. We are also looking forward to the food options, as Captain cook’s has a very limited menu right now. No nachos :sad: We visited Riviera and ate at Bar Riva and Topolino’s in January. It will be fun to return as guests!!!

No we haven’t! We got moved there from Gran Destino. I never thought we’d stay there so I am looking forward to a new experience! The rooms do look really beautiful. Very reminiscent of VGF, my DVC home resort. We are also looking forward to the food options, as Captain cook’s has a very limited menu right now. No nachos :sad: We visited Riviera and ate at Bar Riva and Topolino’s in January. It will be fun to return as guests!!!
No nachos? Uh oh dd was looking forward to that!

Yes very similar to VGF.

You know with the skyliner you can pop over to pop or Boardwalk areas for food too.

I think at some point they realize all the food is in Epcot yet many won't pick that resort with so few rides! We did MK, HS, MK, AK(only early time going home day).

We are booked CL for the Poly for mid-January 2021. Hoping that Covid rates will drop significantly by then. I have until December to cancel, so I'll keep what I have until then. This is a 20th wedding anniversary trip, so if there is no CL, we'll postpone it for another time. Here's wishing for the best.

P.S. - This will be the first trip we have taken alone in more than a decade.

All this 2 bedroom talk had me go price them. All I have to say is, it's never happening for us 🤣 makes CL at the poly look cheap. I would have to pull my son from his HS. Education is overrated anyway and who needs to save for college 😉
Some of the room prices are really outrageous. I've called out of curiosity for a few in the past and prices were even higher than I expected.

All this 2 bedroom talk had me go price them. All I have to say is, it's never happening for us 🤣 makes CL at the poly look cheap. I would have to pull my son from his HS. Education is overrated anyway and who needs to save for college 😉
Some of the room prices are really outrageous. I've called out of curiosity for a few in the past and prices were even higher than I expected.
We were upgraded last summer from a Savannah room with CL access to a 2-BR with CL access at AKL. It was amazing. The kids had their own room/bathroom and there was a living room/dining room area for all of us to "hang out," and we had two balconies and our master bedroom was huge, with a king-size bed. My kids *still* talk about it. I looked up how much it would have been, and it was in the category of "I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay for this out of pocket." As in much more than 2 rooms. LOL. Definitely a once in a lifetime thing that made us AKL fans for life.

Have we been able to modify summer 2020 reservations online this whole time (since the came out with the resort opening plan) and I didn't realize it? I think I’ve mentioned how one of my stays was moved to CR (resort side) and that was the only option they would give me when they called. But I was just able to modify that reservation to another resort online with no issues. Lots of availability, could have moved to pretty much any DVC resort.

I guess this isn't new and I'm behind - but glad I realized it as I was wanting to change resorts.

I have a “change reservation” button on MDE (came up the day they started modifying stays), but nothing happens when I hit it. How did you get it to work?

I just hit that button and all of the normal ways to change a resort reservation were there / worked. I didn’t try to change dates, just the resort itself.
When I do that, it just loops back to the main page. Disney IT? My computer? Who knows?? It’s cool that you can modify yourself and not have wait on hold. 😀

When I do that, it just loops back to the main page. Disney IT? My computer? Who knows?? It’s cool that you can modify yourself and not have wait on hold. 😀

Maybe obvious/probably what you’re already doing, but have your tried private browsing/incognito? That’s the only I can get anything to ever work on WDW’s site when I’m messing with plans or resort reservations.

Question - and sorry to repeat this next sentence: We have a CL Wilderness Lodge bounce back booked for December which (apparently) will be closed.

Once I am able to get through to a human to make a resort change should I indeed be asking for CL at the resort that I'm changing to? This seems like a no brainer to me, I would assume that they'll try to keep me CL when moving resorts (even if CL isn't open then), but I want opinions.
Should I ask for something different, like a villa or a suite or are there other thoughts?

I'm seeing people being transferred to Poly and Contemporary from WL so I am going to shoot for requesting one of those two (or Copper Creek Villas) when the time comes. Thanks in advance!
I was allowed to change to another resort's club level room for December 2020, after 2020 resort changes were again allowed. My booking was bounceback, too.

I later called back to switch to a non-club level room (actually at a value), but that was my choice. The CM said, "Are you aware you're going from a club level room at deluxe resort to a non-club level room at a value resort?", as if I didn't know the difference lol. I just decided that even if club level is back by December, it won't be worth it with all of the restrictions & no CLFP, and December is a good time to stay at Pop: good weather to tour its & AOA's grounds & use the Skyliner, and to decorate our resort's door & window for Christmas. The refurbished rooms look great. And I won't have too much money tied up in our December trip, just in case illness or travel restrictions strike.

Glad you got it resolved! The one and two bedroom units are wonderful. The master bath is big enough to host a pool party in. :sunny:🧜‍♀️🐠

I'm wondering who she got her intel from about Jambo not being open for the rest of the year. Not saying I don't believe it, I just don't want more rumors out there. The guest services people and their managers are usually the ones caught off guard by Disney's changes.
I have a 1 bedroom AKL CL Jambo booked for early October. I called and the CM I spoke to told me to hold tight and that she didn’t think I need to worry about anything. She DID also say though that nobody knows yet what will happen. I have until July 31 to bank the points used for that, so I am getting a bit nervous. Even if they return points to my account if CL is not reinstated, the points would expire November 30...so that doesn’t do me any good. I also have a cash CL BW stay planned for December. I was hoping for a room discount for that one, but doubting that will happen now.

We were upgraded last summer from a Savannah room with CL access to a 2-BR with CL access at AKL. It was amazing. The kids had their own room/bathroom and there was a living room/dining room area for all of us to "hang out," and we had two balconies and our master bedroom was huge, with a king-size bed. My kids *still* talk about it. I looked up how much it would have been, and it was in the category of "I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay for this out of pocket." As in much more than 2 rooms. LOL. Definitely a once in a lifetime thing that made us AKL fans for life.
I don't think we would ever leave the room lol. How awesome.
Have we been able to modify summer 2020 reservations online this whole time (since the came out with the resort opening plan) and I didn't realize it? I think I’ve mentioned how one of my stays was moved to CR (resort side) and that was the only option they would give me when they called. But I was just able to modify that reservation to another resort online with no issues. Lots of availability, could have moved to pretty much any DVC resort.

I guess this isn't new and I'm behind - but glad I realized it as I was wanting to change resorts.
What did you move to?

Very interesting! Is this your stay that was changed to a 2-bedroom and "price protected"? Or a different one? Did your balance change? And was it a room-only or a package? I would love to see what else is available, but I am afraid to mess up something. LOL.

Very interesting! Is this your stay that was changed to a 2-bedroom and "price protected"? Or a different one? Did your balance change? And was it a room-only or a package? I would love to see what else is available, but I am afraid to mess up something. LOL.

This wasn’t the one moved to BLT (which was price protected) - I’m not messing with that one.:-)

This was a separate reservation that was moved to CR. The price was lower than my original reservation, so they adjusted my balance down at the time. Room only reservation.

FWIW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter