Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So i’m confused!! This is still the WDW we all love isn’t it? I mean in my 25 years of going they have always made it right with any problem i have brought to their attention. I am now due to check in to YC on 8/24 and so far have had no contact about them not be able to honor my CL reservation. What if i wasn’t on the DIS and had no idea CL wasn’t being offered. How could they possibly have me check in to my resort expecting CL and not deliver what I paid for!? They would have to refund me the costs of CL room at the very least correct? How would I even know to cancel in advance if i wasn’t informed?
Honestly, I feel that they would likely lean on the verbiage on their information page that states that Club Level services are not available for the reopening period and leave it at that.

Honestly, I feel that they would likely lean on the verbiage on their information page that states that Club Level services are not available for the reopening period and leave it at that.
ok i’m fine with that just refund me the costs associated then! It’s not like CL rooms are any better or different than standard rooms. They don't even have a nicer view in most cases

So i’m confused!! This is still the WDW we all love isn’t it? I mean in my 25 years of going they have always made it right with any problem i have brought to their attention. I am now due to check in to YC on 8/24 and so far have had no contact about them not be able to honor my CL reservation. What if i wasn’t on the DIS and had no idea CL wasn’t being offered. How could they possibly have me check in to my resort expecting CL and not deliver what I paid for!? They would have to refund me the costs of CL room at the very least correct? How would I even know to cancel in advance if i wasn’t informed?
You were informed. It is listed on their webpage FAQs about Resorts. Sure, it’s buried and you have to be lucky enough to stumble on it but they did technically inform everyone CL is not currently available as they told everyone e coming to review the website for the latest updates.

An 8/24 reservation is far out for hearing from Disney I think. Aren’t people who get a call hearing a couple weeks out? Personally I’d call and see what they’re offering now as I think options will diminish the closer in you get.

Fwiw they do not have to reimburse you for the loss of club level, only offer a refund (otherwise you’d have a good case for a chargeback. They will most likely offer you alternative accommodations of their choice which you can accept or refuse and get a refund. Personally that is not a fight I want to have at the front desk on Arrival Day.

You were informed. It is listed on their webpage FAQs about Resorts. Sure, it’s buried and you have to be lucky enough to stumble on it but they did technically inform everyone CL is not currently available as they told everyone e coming to review the website for the latest updates.

An 8/24 reservation is far out for hearing from Disney I think. Aren’t people who get a call hearing a couple weeks out? Personally I’d call and see what they’re offering now as I think options will diminish the closer in you get.

Fwiw they do not have to reimburse you for the loss of club level, only offer a refund (otherwise you’d have a good case for a chargeback. They will most likely offer you alternative accommodations of their choice which you can accept or refuse and get a refund. Personally that is not a fight I want to have at the front desk on Arrival Day.
Such a bummer, well I guess your right. I would hate to start my vacation this way. I will call in the am. I will report back after I speak with them.

Such a bummer, well I guess your right. I would hate to start my vacation this way. I will call in the am. I will report back after I speak with them.
It is a bummer. I'm still sitting on my Poly CL for October and wondering if I need to call. A lot of folks on this board have said we've got nothing to worry about, but I'm starting to wonder. Interested to see what you hear. Good luck.

Well got right thru to guest services and the very nice CM told me according to his notes CL has been suspended as we know and there is no ETA as to when it will start up again. He also said that since CL is also unavailable to book thru 2020 that he would assume it will not be reinstated at all this year. So with that being said I asked what were my options and I made it clear I did not want to pay more than I booked for another room without food included lol. So he told me that currently there were regular garden and water view rooms still available with my sun and fun discount so I was rebooked in 2 YC water view rooms with the discount applied. I just checked MDE and the balance due has already been updated to reflect removing the CL level!

When considering when Disney will bring back CL services I think we also need to keep in mind that the College Program is not running this fall. From my understanding, the concierge folk have been reassigned to help with the hotel front desk and lobby concierge desk to fill in for the time being. This might mean we don't see CL back until there are more cast members available.

He also said that since CL is also unavailable to book thru 2020 that he would assume it will not be reinstated at all this year.

I wouldn't put too much weight behind his "assumption". You can be sure there are meetings going on with high levels of management to try to figure out a way to bring back CL sooner v.s. later. It's a HUGE money maker for Disney. The parks just opened...lots of things are gonna happen between now and the end of the year. I wouldn't be in a big hurry to give up your CL rooms that are booked for later in the year.

He also said that since CL is also unavailable to book thru 2020 that he would assume it will not be reinstated at all this year.

I wouldn't put too much weight behind his "assumption". You can be sure there are meetings going on with high levels of management to try to figure out a way to bring back CL sooner v.s. later. It's a HUGE money maker for Disney. The parks just opened...lots of things are gonna happen between now and the end of the year. I wouldn't be in a big hurry to give up your CL rooms that are booked for later in the year.

Disney will figure this out.
You can bet they're testing ideas using the NBA as guinea pigs.

Last edited:
ok i’m fine with that just refund me the costs associated then! It’s not like CL rooms are any better or different than standard rooms. They don't even have a nicer view in most cases

If I really loved the resort I were in, I'd probably be ok if they offered my group quick service vouchers for breakfast each morning in lieu of a room change. It's not optimal, but at least that way we would still get the one meal that is included with Club Level. The snacks, drinks, etc., are a loss, but I don't know that I would want the 2 bedroom with a kitchen. I would never use that kitchen, and we are in the room so rarely that the 2 bedroom would be only a so so perk for us.

Of course, I'd much rather have my club level experience - but I'd settle for breakfasts for length of stay.

In regards to the CM who said something about CL not coming back for 2020 since it's not bookable: I just got off the phone with a wonderful CM, DH and I had decided we didn't want to do CL for our anniversary trip because we want to try out more restaurants since it's an adults only trip (also want to save a little bit of money since we will have just closed on our new house the previous month). She said that I could keep my CL room booked until closer to time because CL could come back at any time, and if it's not back as I get a week or two away from my trip (room only) I could call and change it. I did let her know I was keeping my other CL room stays, but this one we just decided we wanted a different experience. Besides, if it does come back and we can book it, and we decide we want it back, we can always call and have our room bumped up again. I do love BWI CL, but right now it'll be good to do other stuff rather than feeling like we need to be back to enjoy the offerings if it were to open up and be what it used to be. Still holding out hope for our CR CL stay at Christmas, at least the CM gave me some hope it could come back at any time.

In regards to the CM who said something about CL not coming back for 2020 since it's not bookable: I just got off the phone with a wonderful CM, DH and I had decided we didn't want to do CL for our anniversary trip because we want to try out more restaurants since it's an adults only trip (also want to save a little bit of money since we will have just closed on our new house the previous month). She said that I could keep my CL room booked until closer to time because CL could come back at any time, and if it's not back as I get a week or two away from my trip (room only) I could call and change it. I did let her know I was keeping my other CL room stays, but this one we just decided we wanted a different experience. Besides, if it does come back and we can book it, and we decide we want it back, we can always call and have our room bumped up again. I do love BWI CL, but right now it'll be good to do other stuff rather than feeling like we need to be back to enjoy the offerings if it were to open up and be what it used to be. Still holding out hope for our CR CL stay at Christmas, at least the CM gave me some hope it could come back at any time.
We’re booked BWI deluxe first week of December. My guess is CL will be back before then so I’m not changing anything.
It’s a shame about all the CM misinformation.....story changes with each person you talk to. Just gotta see what happens over the next few months. CM info is kinda like the current news cycle...ya never know what you’re gonna hear:).

We’re booked BWI deluxe first week of December. My guess is CL will be back before then so I’m not changing anything.
It’s a shame about all the CM misinformation.....story changes with each person you talk to. Just gotta see what happens over the next few months. CM info is kinda like the current news cycle...ya never know what you’re gonna hear:).
Yeah, we have CR CL for Christmas and I’m just gonna keep it until they force me to change it. Really would like it with the kids. I really enjoy CL for my solo trips or trips when I go with the kids alone, makes life so much easier. I’m not surprised with CM misinformation, nothing new unfortunately, especially now with so many working from home and not in an office together.

Found a thread from UO about their club level and what it looks like. It looks like most things are packaged but not necessarily pre-packed goods. As in they dont appear to be handing out little debbie snacks, but rather putting baked goods and fruit into packages. It wasn't clear from the review if anyone could get something from the fridges or not but they included pics of fridges full of drinks and made it seem as though you could just grab something. Heres the link if you all want to take a look https://www.disboards.com/threads/club-level.3803295/page-2#post-62150383

Anyways, this makes me VERY hopeful that WDW will bring back CL one day soon!

I'm tossing around the idea of a few day trip Christmas week. Haven't even mentioned it to my husband yet😆 anyway, you can't book regular rooms at WL or the poly. Pull out couches and wall beds don't work for my kids. I'm leaning towards CR but rack rate is $$. This may be my time to rey a moderate as there is no cl. That leaves Carribean beach and Coronado but the tower isn't available. Has anyone stayed at these resorts? What were pros and cons. Thanks.

I'm tossing around the idea of a few day trip Christmas week. Haven't even mentioned it to my husband yet😆 anyway, you can't book regular rooms at WL or the poly. Pull out couches and wall beds don't work for my kids. I'm leaning towards CR but rack rate is $$. This may be my time to rey a moderate as there is no cl. That leaves Carribean beach and Coronado but the tower isn't available. Has anyone stayed at these resorts? What were pros and cons. Thanks.
I can only tell you about Coronado... which I absolutely love. I got a free upgrade to a preferred room when I stayed there in February (and have stayed several times before, both before and after the room refurbs). It’s one of my favorite resorts because I’m spoiled for choice on food options, the grounds are lovely, the price is usually right, and the renovated rooms feel more in the realm of deluxe than some of the pre-renovated deluxe rooms felt (sorry, looking at you AKL and WL pre-refurb).

The outside door/motel style room is not a favorite of mine, so that’s probably the biggest “con” in my opinion as having noisy groups pass your room can be disruptive. I didn’t notice that at CSR but have had problems with it at Port Orleans before. I also would probably book CSR all the time except for one thing... I’m a balcony lover. It’s a lovely thing to make coffee or pour a glass of wine and head out onto the balcony. BUT so long as you’re decent, the Coronado grounds have lots of benches and great outdoor sitting areas to have a giant “balcony”.

The fact that Disney put NBA media up at the non-tower rooms should show just how truly upgraded they are from typical rooms. I love the keurig and the hard flooring. Not to mention... you now have three bridges bar (homemade churros, lake views), the lobby bar in the tower (sorry can’t remember the name right now - Barcelona?) with FANTASTIC servers and wonderful gin drinks, Dahlia and Toledo at the top of Gran Destino, Rix Sports Bar (very underrated for casual TS in my opinion) in the former “main building”, a great QS option in Mercado Coronado with some unique choices there, the pool bar at the Dig Site with fantastic frozen drinks and basic but delicious nachos, there’s another outdoor bar near the old “main building” on the water, another table service I’ve never tried (maya grill), the grab n go pastry shop Rix Cafe... need I go on? And the Gran Destino lobby is just gorgeous. Great ambiance!

Okay after that love letter, I’m irritated that the NBA is there because I love this resort so much now. One of my happiest memories is just sitting in bed eating a treat from amorette’s watching old school Mickey/Donald/Goofy cartoons. And you can start Stacey on demand whenever you like! It’s also one of the most centrally located Disney resorts - it’s sort of at the intersection of everything. Bus service has always been good for me, especially if you request to stay near buildings 2-4. I could have a really amazing trip by taking what i’d spend on the club level “upgrade” and putting those funds on a gift card to enjoy around the resort.

Maybe I’ll book too... 🙃

I can only tell you about Coronado... which I absolutely love. I got a free upgrade to a preferred room when I stayed there in February (and have stayed several times before, both before and after the room refurbs). It’s one of my favorite resorts because I’m spoiled for choice on food options, the grounds are lovely, the price is usually right, and the renovated rooms feel more in the realm of deluxe than some of the pre-renovated deluxe rooms felt (sorry, looking at you AKL and WL pre-refurb).

The outside door/motel style room is not a favorite of mine, so that’s probably the biggest “con” in my opinion as having noisy groups pass your room can be disruptive. I didn’t notice that at CSR but have had problems with it at Port Orleans before. I also would probably book CSR all the time except for one thing... I’m a balcony lover. It’s a lovely thing to make coffee or pour a glass of wine and head out onto the balcony. BUT so long as you’re decent, the Coronado grounds have lots of benches and great outdoor sitting areas to have a giant “balcony”.

The fact that Disney put NBA media up at the non-tower rooms should show just how truly upgraded they are from typical rooms. I love the keurig and the hard flooring. Not to mention... you now have three bridges bar (homemade churros, lake views), the lobby bar in the tower (sorry can’t remember the name right now - Barcelona?) with FANTASTIC servers and wonderful gin drinks, Dahlia and Toledo at the top of Gran Destino, Rix Sports Bar (very underrated for casual TS in my opinion) in the former “main building”, a great QS option in Mercado Coronado with some unique choices there, the pool bar at the Dig Site with fantastic frozen drinks and basic but delicious nachos, there’s another outdoor bar near the old “main building” on the water, another table service I’ve never tried (maya grill), the grab n go pastry shop Rix Cafe... need I go on? And the Gran Destino lobby is just gorgeous. Great ambiance!

Okay after that love letter, I’m irritated that the NBA is there because I love this resort so much now. One of my happiest memories is just sitting in bed eating a treat from amorette’s watching old school Mickey/Donald/Goofy cartoons. And you can start Stacey on demand whenever you like! It’s also one of the most centrally located Disney resorts - it’s sort of at the intersection of everything. Bus service has always been good for me, especially if you request to stay near buildings 2-4. I could have a really amazing trip by taking what i’d spend on the club level “upgrade” and putting those funds on a gift card to enjoy around the resort.

Maybe I’ll book too... 🙃
Thanks! We'll have to meet at one of the bars😉 I forgot about the no balcony thing . We are definitely balcony people, we love to sit outside with a coffee or an adult beverage. That's one of the downsides of the Poly too, no guaranteed balcony/patio. Maybe I can convince my husband. The pool looks fun for the kids too. I figured I could uber if necessary. I think you have me sold.

I’d keep checking to see if Tower CSR shows up. People are starting to cancel fall/winter Disney travel plans due to Flu + Covid fear. I’ve only stayed CSR & CSR Tower of those. My biggest gripe with CSR was how darn hard it was to get places. I had a preferred room and it was still like a 15 minute walk through a maze to get to the main building (I had to take 2 different elevators and wind through a few different outdoor hallways- who the heck built that stupid hotel?!). Minnie Vans could pickup/drop off from the building I was in so that was a saving grace of that trip. But they aren’t running yet at WDW. At least CBR has the Death Trap of the Sky going for it to counter its sprawling layout. Not being a fan of CSR layout or the Death Trap of the Sky if I was to pick a moderate I would try POFQ due to its smaller size. I haven’t done that yet but were I looking for a mod and GDT wasn’t available that would be my next try even though the rooms aren’t nearly as up to date as something like CSR.

If you can get a shot at it GDT it’s my first choice after deluxe CL (although GDT CL is one of my favorite Disney experiences if you get a shot at that!). I think the rooms are of better quality than any other normal rooms on property even without CL services. The super fast elevators make it feel like you’re at room in no time and amenities all within covered walking make it great even in bad weather. (And it was beautiful at Xmas last year, they did an excellent job!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter