Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I'm not going to cancel unless things keep on the same path and all hell breaks loose by then (those two CL trips aren't until November & December, so we do have time for things to change), I am just going back and forth on if I should downgrade to a regular room from CL. The only trip that is in jeopardy of canceling is my August trip, and that's not CL. I did upgrade to YC when the AP discounts came out because it was the same price as my CBR room, but no CL. Really I'll only cancel that if WDW is closed, I'm driving now so no airport/plane fear, and I'll be following all rules and stuff in the Disney bubble so I'm not concerned.

Fingers crossed CL returns sooner rather than later! Hope you have a great time on all trips :wizard:.

Finally got a call from Disney about our club level room August 7 - 12 at BWI. We were offered a 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club for the same price - otherwise we have to pay current prices at another resort. With Storm Along Bay closed not sure how I feel about Beach Club (although with - she did say we can use the pool at BWI but it would be a bit of a walk. Semi thinking about moving to CR so we could walk to MK and rent a car to drive ourselves to avoid using shared transportation.

Finally got a call from Disney about our club level room August 7 - 12 at BWI. We were offered a 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club for the same price - otherwise we have to pay current prices at another resort. With Storm Along Bay closed not sure how I feel about Beach Club (although with - she did say we can use the pool at BWI but it would be a bit of a walk. Semi thinking about moving to CR so we could walk to MK and rent a car to drive ourselves to avoid using shared transportation.
Just wondering, why wouldn't they offer you the same type of room, or maybe a one bedroom at the Boardwalk Villas? Did you even ask? In any case you would be paying the same rate as you would at Club Level, without any of the Club Level benefits (food, drinks, etc).

Just wondering, why wouldn't they offer you the same type of room, or maybe a one bedroom at the Boardwalk Villas? Did you even ask? In any case you would be paying the same rate as you would at Club Level, without any of the Club Level benefits (food, drinks, etc).
I'm not sure - the 2 bedroom was the only option with 2 beds (actually 3 beds) our boys are 12 & 13 are getting old enough that they are starting to complain about fold outs. She did say if we wanted to change to a regular room most of the rates would be less and we would be refunded the difference if it was less.

My friend is going around those dates staying in a 1 bedroom villa at BWI. When the AP discounts came out she asked me to price BWV with it. There were NO available rooms her dates. Not the hotel or dvc, not a studio, 1 or 2 bedroom. I tried my week I canceled and there was nothing available either. Strange. My dates were 8/9-16th and her week started a couple of days before mine. I can't remember exactly. So maybe nothing is available 🤷‍♀️

Fingers crossed CL returns sooner rather than later! Hope you have a great time on all trips :wizard:.

I think they’re really going to try. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw that VIP tours became available again. DSS must be up and running even a little for that to be possible right? And I find it pretty telling that this is the first extra they’ve brought back...it really goes back to that pre-closure strategy they were on, trying to get more money from fewer guests, which is even more important now. They must also know that CL guests tend to be quite loyal, returning year after year, etc. I think it will be back as soon as they figure out a way to implement it that is safe for guests and cast. It may take some creative, out of the box thinking but I have no doubt they will.

I think they’re really going to try. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw that VIP tours became available again. DSS must be up and running even a little for that to be possible right? And I find it pretty telling that this is the first extra they’ve brought back...it really goes back to that pre-closure strategy they were on, trying to get more money from fewer guests, which is even more important now. They must also know that CL guests tend to be quite loyal, returning year after year, etc. I think it will be back as soon as they figure out a waD

Well I wish they figure it out soon! I have 2 CL rooms booked end of August at YC and I would like to know if they are crediting my CL portion or not. I also need to know for my ADR’s. Having CL or not greatly influences the time of and how many ADR’s I make daily

Well I wish they figure it out soon! I have 2 CL rooms booked end of August at YC and I would like to know if they are crediting my CL portion or not. I also need to know for my ADR’s. Having CL or not greatly influences the time of and how many ADR’s I make daily
I would make your adrs for both scenarios. That way you're prepared either way.

I had July and August with cl. They don’t give back anything for the loss of cl. Either keep what they offer or cancel and book a cheaper option.

They try to keep the total $ you spent . If have an AP the 40% off is really nice!

I had July and August with cl. They don’t give back anything for the loss of cl. Either keep what they offer or cancel and book a cheaper option.

They try to keep the total $ you spent . If have an AP the 40% off is really nice!
So if no CL is available I have to outright cancel and rebook a standard room there? Will I keep my sun and fun discount at least? I’m not interested in paying the same price for a Dvc room with no food. That feels like a ripoff to me. Having a kitchen and washing machine don’t do it for me at WDW lol. I don’t want to be reminded of cooking or washing clothes on vacation!

I’m not interested in paying the same price for a Dvc room with no food. That feels like a ripoff to me. Having a kitchen and washing machine don’t do it for me at WDW lol. I don’t want to be reminded of cooking or washing clothes on vacation!
I guess all I can say in a very nice way is welcome to the club! Unfortunately, Disney hasn’t given too much magic to the CL guests.

If you are staying at yacht club after it reopens, I would expect that you’ll be downgraded to a non club room and given a refund for the difference. If the resort isn’t open you can try to get into one of the deluxe resorts (Contemporary will be open) or go with a dvc option. Either way, the cost of food will be on you, sorry 😐

So if no CL is available I have to outright cancel and rebook a standard room there? Will I keep my sun and fun discount at least? I’m not interested in paying the same price for a Dvc room with no food. That feels like a ripoff to me. Having a kitchen and washing machine don’t do it for me at WDW lol. I don’t want to be reminded of cooking or washing clothes on vacation!
I feel the same. A standard dvc room doesn't do it. Even.a 1 bedroom doesn't work. I would rather a standard hotel room with 2 queen beds. My kids hate the pull outs. They want a regular bed. Hope it works out for you.

I feel the same. A standard dvc room doesn't do it. Even.a 1 bedroom doesn't work. I would rather a standard hotel room with 2 queen beds. My kids hate the pull outs. They want a regular bed. Hope it works out for you.
Some of the newer refurbished resorts now offer a bed that folds down from the wall, the mattress is a normal bed mattress.

For folk saying a 1 bedroom DVC unit is inferior to a regular Club level room... all I can say is Thank you for driving people away :)

I had sun and fun. They will offer you a room that costs more than what you spent. They don’t want to give a refund. So you basically have to decide if you want to spend that much for a room that doesn’t include food.

In the end spending $1000 a nite on a room wasn’t worth it.

With AP at 40% off hopefully they will do a GP discount soon. There is still lots of availability.

Same here. Plus I don't cook or do laundry on vacation, so the washer/dryer is a waste for me.

The only time I ever cooked on vacation was in Rome, when we had a rental flat for a week near the Vatican Museum and I got to live the dream of shopping at the market and eating like a local. It’s fun to immerse yourself in the culture through food.

At Disney?Just give me my Tonga toast lol

The only time I ever cooked on vacation was in Rome, when we had a rental flat for a week near the Vatican Museum and I got to live the dream of shopping at the market and eating like a local. It’s fun to immerse yourself in the culture through food.

That sounds like an awesome trip! :)

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

That sounds AMAZING.

I am not a fan of cooking on vacation. The only vacation I'm willing to cook on is when we go to Cape Cod and stay on Cape Cod Bay. We stay in North Truro and are only near one restaurant. All of the others being in Provincetown, it's just not convenient to eat every meal out. We tend to eat breakfast and lunch in our bathing suits on the beach then get dressed and go out for dinner every night.

Any other vacation, I will spend whatever I need to in order to take a break from cooking and doing dishes.

That sounds heavenly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter