Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Brittany was wonderful during our BWI stay as well!

I found all the CL CMs to be great, but Brittany definitely stood out as she always had a smile on her face and was ready to help anyone who needed anything :).

I could be wrong, but I’m currently staying in the bungalows and there is apparently a high profile politician staying in bungalows as well. He had a full security team with him. I saw a few of them by the Hawaii building maybe some of them are staying there too.

I hope you're having a nice time :wizard:.

Disneyland update: DLH is no longer booking CL through Dec. Someone reached out via chat and confirmed DLH isn’t booking CL through Dec but GCH and PPH still are.

A couple things could be at play here...

1) DLH CL has no way to open windows for fresh air, GCH does. The GCH remodel expanded seating on the patio, not a ton of seating but a decent amount, and added sliding features to the windows that cover one side of the club so it can get a good breeze going in there. But I don’t think PPH has fresh air capabilities as I believe it doesn’t have any windows which leads too...

2) convention areas. I believe most of the DLH convention area is basically being torn down for the new DVC tower. I know GCH has convention spaces and PPH does too. Might be they even plan to use outdoor spaces, which could be reduced at DLH due to DVC construction *shudder at the tales told from the GCH CL Outdoor Debacle they did while remodeling the CL*

3) DLH just started a soft refurb when they got shutdown. Maybe Disney sees a chance to do a thorough remodel of the DLH CL?!! A girl can hope 😂

ALSO- if you have a DLH CL stay booked through Dec I would call ASAP. If there is space at GCH hopefully they’ll upgrade you. When DLH was announced closed until Oct those with stays planned we’re offered GCH at the same price if it was available 😉
Wow you know DL !
We did the Fairytale suite @ DLH in 2016 the cl room was adjacent. Then in 2017 we did GCH with new room decor. Somehow I missed new lounge . I’ll need to hunt down some pix.

Dd has been bugging me to go back......

Hey all, I've just been a bit bummed lately because we would normally be getting ready to go on our annual CL anniversary trip and obviously we're not this year. So I thought it might be nice for everyone on this thread to share your best memories of CL. I know there are sooo many people on these boards who say, CL is not "worth it" and from a purely $ standpoint its probably not. However, its the little moments of magic that the CL staff do that makes it all worthwhile to us and I have a feeling I'm not alone. So here are my best memories of CL (and this was REALLY super hard to do) in no particular order.
1) BWI- Chef Redgie is plating my dish and casually asks if my kids like caramel and apples and I replied with a yes. About 10 minutes later a platter arrives at our table with sliced apples and a bowl of caramel that he had just made because he didn't think my kids had enough to choose from that night
2) CSR business class (RIP)- my DS had gotten sick and threw up everywhere. The lounge was right beside our room so I asked them where the laundry was. When I went back to the lounge to get a sprite they were wrapping up cookies and put Mickey stickers on them for when he felt better. Side story, I wake up at the crack of dawn the next morning, hearing a crunching sound, it was my son, 3 at the time, eating the cookies, he was perfectly fine the rest of the trip.
3) WL- Drinking sparkling wine and eating gold dusted cupcakes while watching HEA from my balcony.
4) BWI- I ask if they have any soy milk for my lactose intolerant DS. They say only almond milk which he doesn't really like so I just say he can just drink juice no problem. 5 minutes later Chef Sara appears with 5 vanilla soy milks saying Mickey overheard he needed some.
5) The nespresso machine! So much better than resort coffee, no long line at Starbucks, I can roll out of bed walk down to the lounge (in appropriate attire) and make one. I have fallen in love with this thing so much that I bought one last year. In fact, my nespresso order came yesterday, I was down to my last pod, so I was so happy when it came that I hugged the box. My DH said now look kids how mommy greeted daddy and how mommy greets her coffee, it's obvious which she loves more.:hyper:
We would have been leaving in 2 days for our annual Poly CL trip, so were feeling a bit bummed. But your post has made me think of why we keep doing it and hopefully will be able to next year. It's our family's happy place. The CL staff always make us feel special, there's always something that they end going above and beyond to help us with. Last year house keeping arranged my daughters stuffed animals (she brings around 10 small ones and whatever she gets at the park) in the most elaborate scenes on the bed every night, they were sunbathing with sunglasses on, reading magazines and bunch of other things, it was small thing but reminded us why we keep coming back. The lounge staff is always so attentive and kind they always ask if we need anything and try to accommodate any special requests. We feel so fortunate that this has become a tradition for our family and can't wait to get back "home" .

Wow you know DL !
We did the Fairytale suite @ DLH in 2016 the cl room was adjacent. Then in 2017 we did GCH with new room decor. Somehow I missed new lounge . I’ll need to hunt down some pix.

Dd has been bugging me to go back......
Haha well I’m a CA girl! It didn’t open until Dec 2017 as it was the last thing to get remodeled. It’s now called The Veranda. Disney Parks Blog actually has some of the best pictures I think link. You can’t really see the patio though, they added a ledge along the whole thing looking out over the courtyard and tall chairs. You can see what I mean about the windows completely sliding open. In the first photo you can see the touchscreen espresso machine by the door.

They did an outstanding job with the hard remodel, almost night and day from what they had before. (I quite liked the all day mimosa bar 😂 ) I haven’t seen any club levels quite the same after that. I walk in and think “if they just did this thing from GCH...” and that ALWAYS includes the fancy espresso machine. One touch latte? Yes please! 😝 The space was just utilized so much better throughout. I believe they even consulted with some people from WDW on the remodel of it.

Hopefully you get a post-COVID chance to see it so it can really shine for you!

Haha well I’m a CA girl! It didn’t open until Dec 2017 as it was the last thing to get remodeled. It’s now called The Veranda. Disney Parks Blog actually has some of the best pictures I think link. You can’t really see the patio though, they added a ledge along the whole thing looking out over the courtyard and tall chairs. You can see what I mean about the windows completely sliding open. In the first photo you can see the touchscreen espresso machine by the door.

They did an outstanding job with the hard remodel, almost night and day from what they had before. (I quite liked the all day mimosa bar 😂 ) I haven’t seen any club levels quite the same after that. I walk in and think “if they just did this thing from GCH...” and that ALWAYS includes the fancy espresso machine. One touch latte? Yes please! 😝 The space was just utilized so much better throughout. I believe they even consulted with some people from WDW on the remodel of it.

Mimosa bar??? DD would love that, me too!

Thanks I am going to check out those pix!

I just saw this announcement for our Sept trip which was suppose to be AKL Club level and the Moonlight Magic DVC party.

"Update: Moonlight Magic Events Cancelled Through 2020 With the safety and well-being of our "Members, Guests and Cast always top of mind, Disney Vacation Club continues to evaluate our upcoming slate of Membership Magic events and make necessary adjustments. Moonlight Magic events previously scheduled for April through the end of 2020 have been cancelled."

I tried to call so see about our DVC points and got a recording that the members only site is experiencing an outage right now and to call back later.

Such a bummer! We were really looking forward to this whole trip!

I just got through to Member Services.

I asked for my banked points to be extended and was told by a supervisor that AKL Club may be open for my dates in Sept therefore at this time they could not extend my points.

So it sounds like AKL Club may be opening back up soon.

I would not set your expectations very high that AKL CL will return in September or any time in 2020.

With the recent delays in the opening of the Poly resort hotel rooms to October, AOA to November. Also BC, and BWI were added to the closed until further notice list with the AKL, WL, All Stars...

Dave

Haha I knew it ! She was like Mimosa BAR???? All day? Good to be 25 lol.

I just saw this announcement for our Sept trip which was suppose to be AKL Club level and the Moonlight Magic DVC party.

"Update: Moonlight Magic Events Cancelled Through 2020 With the safety and well-being of our "Members, Guests and Cast always top of mind, Disney Vacation Club continues to evaluate our upcoming slate of Membership Magic events and make necessary adjustments. Moonlight Magic events previously scheduled for April through the end of 2020 have been cancelled."

I tried to call so see about our DVC points and got a recording that the members only site is experiencing an outage right now and to call back later.

Such a bummer! We were really looking forward to this whole trip!
Through 2020 is such an ouch. I’m so sorry 😐

I’ll try to be optimistic for you about AKL CL but honestly I don’t see any hope that’s running. If the hotel isn’t running there will be no reason to run CL for just a few rooms... I wonder if a different supervisor at a totally different time of day would be willing to do it if you didn’t mention you were previously denied?

I walked thru Jambo House a few times last week, and it was dead quiet. Hard to say what they'll do about CL there.

Any news on when the BWI or WL CL's might open? And if so, how would they work the club lounge buffet food offerings? Has anyone said anything specific, like if they would just have a CM serve the food, or what?

Edit: OK, I'm just now seeing that BWI reopening has been moved from 10/1 to "TBD"

Last edited:
I walked thru Jambo House a few times last week, and it was dead quiet. Hard to say what they'll do about CL there.

Any news on when the BWI or WL CL's might open? And if so, how would they work the club lounge buffet food offerings? Has anyone said anything specific, like if they would just have a CM serve the food, or what?

Edit: OK, I'm just now seeing that BWI reopening has been moved from 10/1 to "TBD"
There is no opening date for CL at Disney and Disney has not said a single thing about how they might work when they reopen 😔

WL does not have an opening date so probably no time soon.

As I'm thinking (and dreaming :cloud9:) about my family's next trip in October 2021, I had a question I'm hoping someone can answer. If you book an outer building 1-bedroom suite at the GF, do you get access to both CL lounges (RPC & SL)? I feel like I read that somewhere but I can't recall.

As I'm thinking (and dreaming :cloud9:) about my family's next trip in October 2021, I had a question I'm hoping someone can answer. If you book an outer building 1-bedroom suite at the GF, do you get access to both CL lounges (RPC & SL)? I feel like I read that somewhere but I can't recall.

yep, we did last summer!

yep, we did last summer!
Thank you! I think that confirms that we’re going to book a suite. There will be 6 of us plus a 2 year old for this trip and I had been going back and forth on whether we should book 2 separate (non-CL) rooms or just go with the suite. My mom who will be traveling with us really wants to just enjoy the resort during our stay so this would be perfect!

Thank you! I think that confirms that we’re going to book a suite. There will be 6 of us plus a 2 year old for this trip and I had been going back and forth on whether we should book 2 separate (non-CL) rooms or just go with the suite. My mom who will be traveling with us really wants to just enjoy the resort during our stay so this would be perfect!

It was great having access to both. We did RPC most of the time, but it was great to be able to run into Sugarloaf during pool time or before fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter