Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So here's a different question for you, my CL friends . . .

A couple years ago I got upgraded to a CL room at Boardwalk. It was wonderful. It was the first and only time I've ever done the dining plan so I didn't fully avail myself of all that CL has to offer, but still, wonderful! I usually travel solo (my husband and I do other trips together during the year, but Disney is my special retreat) and it's hard to justify the cost for one person BUT covid and Mickey math have made me think that my next trip will be Beach Club CL.

Not being an experienced drinker my question is about the evening cordials. Not really sure how to "do" them. Are they the drink that you pour 1/2" in your glass and sip it for half an hour? Seems like a nice night cap, but still don't know how much you would drink before bed. Do you try one cordial a night and have 1/2" but maybe a couple pours? Can you pour a whole inch?!? Can you try two different ones in the same night? (Not being an experienced drinker, I'm remember hearing about not mixing alcohols, but not entirely sure what that means, either.)

Good news I haven't been lying awake at night worrying about this, but I am curious. What's the scoop on how to enjoy an evening cordial? :drinking1
One night at my last trip (at BWI CL, so fantastic) I did decalf coffee each night with a different mix in just to see which one I liked better (personal science experiment). I've also on previous trips just had a small glass of milk with kaluha or bailey's and a little ice (was actually really good), I don't like drinking any of that stuff straight so I just find what I can and mix away, I realize I look like an idiot to anyone watching, but I like to think of myself as a short little Bill Nye sans glasses and lab coat.

I suppose having a water delivery from Nestle Waters still makes sense no matter which way we go then. I hate the extra material being used too, but there's no suitable solution if someone's body can't tolerate the high sulfer content of Florida's water or if the smell puts them off.
If they are not offering bottled water we just go to the gift shop and buy a case (usually 8 bottles). It's around $6 and you can get 20% off if you have an AP.

I suppose having a water delivery from Nestle Waters still makes sense no matter which way we go then. I hate the extra material being used too, but there's no suitable solution if someone's body can't tolerate the high sulfer content of Florida's water or if the smell puts them off.
Delivery, gift shop purchase both good options.
Just my opinion-
It would not surprise me if the CL folks went to uniformly offering small bottles vs having to handle personal water refills.
Once they open up again we'll have a better idea of what is the same, new or modified.

Yes, yes, yes, yes - haha.

I liked doing a decaf coffee beverage of some sort and adding my tipple to it. I have also had luck continuing to order wine or beer during the cordial and dessert service and that’s really more my speed.

A glass of wine would be nice -- and more my speed.

So I don't think there's a hard fast rule about how much to drink before bed. I like to make a decaf nespresso and put some Kahlua or bailey's in it. You could drink this straight over ice minus the Nespresso as well. Different CLs have different cordials, I've seen scotch, whiskey, grand marnier at different CLs and I've seen people drink these all kinds of ways and variating amounts, including some just taking a bottle to their table and polishing it off. As @pepperandchips pointed out you can also ask for beer or wine (including sparkling) at this time as well.

Thanks. I don't want to appear boorish by pouring a full glass! if it's the kind of stuff you're only supposed to take a tiny amount of. I HATE places that have huge wine glasses and then barely pour any wine in. I feel like the waiter had a sip on the way over, and maybe offered some to the busboy too. :rotfl:

The not mixing alcohols is a tip for lessening hangovers. It‘s not a problem if you don’t get drunk. (A cordial in the evening paired with beer or wine at dinner in’t going to result in drunk :) )

I didn't think I was in danger. Thanks for taking the time to reply. :thumbsup2

One night at my last trip (at BWI CL, so fantastic) I did decalf coffee each night with a different mix in just to see which one I liked better (personal science experiment). I've also on previous trips just had a small glass of milk with kaluha or bailey's and a little ice (was actually really good), I don't like drinking any of that stuff straight so I just find what I can and mix away, I realize I look like an idiot to anyone watching, but I like to think of myself as a short little Bill Nye sans glasses and lab coat.

Milk and kahlua with ice sounds good.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in to see if anyone has any updates for upcoming CL trips. We have a trip with CL at the end of November but curious for those with trips coming up soon what the process has been with Disney. Are they calling you and moving you since as of now CL is not open or has everyone called prior to hearing from Disney? Thanks in advance!

I am waiting to hear anything about our Sept Club trip. So far no emails of phone calls. And so we wait.
Wow! Okay, very interesting. I’ll definitely be interested to hear if and when you finally hear something. Thanks for responding!

I am waiting to hear anything about our Sept Club trip. So far no emails of phone calls. And so we wait.
Well are you staying DVC CL at Jambo House?

Those rooms will be open but without any club level amenities. If you are a regular room CL guest then Jambo house is closed for you and you should have received an email and or a phone call.

Also what do you see when you look at the details of your resort on MDE?

Dave

Well are you staying DVC CL at Jambo House?

Those rooms will be open but without any club level amenities. If you are a regular room CL guest then Jambo house is closed for you and you should have received an email and or a phone call.

Also what do you see when you look at the details of your resort on MDE?

Dave

Yes we are booked for Club AKL Jambo through our DVC points. When I look at our reservation on the DVC dashboard it still says that the 1 bedroom villa is a Club Concierge Level room.

I will be very angry if there is no Club level service and they charge me the same number of DVC points. Club level villas are expensive!

I know right now Club is closed so I assume those few DVC Club rooms on the 6th floor of AKL Jambo are not being used.

I am at a point that if they would extend my points, I would just cancel the whole thing. The DVC Moonlight Magic Party in DHS is already cancelled and with no Club services (mostly food and drink) then there is really very little reason to go for us. We have another trip planned for December at BCV.

Then you will need to contact DVC Member Services. It is my understanding is that all DVC units are open in Jambo House including the 6th floor but no CL services are available or will be provided for the foreseeable future.

I would expect you would qualify to the reduced points but only Member Services can address any credit or your ability to defer partial or all of your points for a later visit.

Dav

We are DVC members and are booked for June 2021. Our daughter is turning 16. I was thinking of a one night stay in a CL room. Is it worth it? Are they any perks a 16 year old girl would like?

We are DVC members and are booked for June 2021. Our daughter is turning 16. I was thinking of a one night stay in a CL room. Is it worth it? Are they any perks a 16 year old girl would like?
Very much worth it. One night will give you two full days of access to the lounge. I'm sorry to break it to you, but your daughter will be a spoiled princess after this trip and long for club level again, as will you all. 🤣

Last edited:
I’m interested in staying in a CL room outer building at GF so I can try two different clubs/lounges. Looking at May 2021. Should I go ahead and book something without any discount and hope for the best?

I’m interested in staying in a CL room outer building at GF so I can try two different clubs/lounges. Looking at May 2021. Should I go ahead and book something without any discount and hope for the best?
try two different clubs/lounges?

I thought I read if you stay in an outer building CL room at GF you had access to both Clubs... I might have misunderstood???

ETA - Royal Palm and Sugarloaf
Nope, if you stay in RPC you can go to that CL lounge, and if you stay in SL you can go to that lounge, but you can't do both. I've stayed in both and don't care for SL club, but since it's a good bit less expensive than RPC it's good to do just to get the experience.

So what can i get that would spoil her?
It's not about what you get. I'm going to just leave it as "the experience". Seriously don't want to spoil it. If you do want it spoiled there are very detailed reviews online and on youtube, as well as here on the DIS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter