Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Not arguing with you at all. We've already decided, as AP holders, that if park hopping isn't back by December, we'll cancel anyway. We have already booked a standby week in April, the week after Easter. If no CL or park hopping by then, we'll push the week into next December. I just prefer to wait for official Disney correspondence v.s. reacting to current hearsay. There is way too much disinformation being bantered about, unfortunately a lot is coming from CM's who really don't know much:).
I think some are comfortable with taking their time.
Others might like to select earlier thinking there may be more options.

There doesn't seem to be a way to know for sure which is better.
It's a challenging situation for everyone.

And I believe it's a great idea to have a plan B, as you do.

Yes we are booked for Club AKL Jambo through our DVC points. When I look at our reservation on the DVC dashboard it still says that the 1 bedroom villa is a Club Concierge Level room.

I will be very angry if there is no Club level service and they charge me the same number of DVC points. Club level villas are expensive!

I know right now Club is closed so I assume those few DVC Club rooms on the 6th floor of AKL Jambo are not being used.

I am at a point that if they would extend my points, I would just cancel the whole thing. The DVC Moonlight Magic Party in DHS is already cancelled and with no Club services (mostly food and drink) then there is really very little reason to go for us. We have another trip planned for December at BCV.

We arrive on 8/28, very similar situation to yours. We really wanted access to CL AKL Jambo through our DVC points. Also were hoping for Moonlight Magic and had the Halloween party booked. Both Moonlight Magic and the Halloween party were canceled. We received a call from DVC member services, no club level amenities for our trip (8/28-9/8). The difference is that we were in a studio. They moved us to a one bedroom savannah view at Kidani. Because this is a room we would probably rarely/never choose on our own, and our daughter & family will be vacationing at the same time, we decided to keep the change. Not our ideal vacation, but we will make the best of this covid vacation.

We arrive on 8/28, very similar situation to yours. We really wanted access to CL AKL Jambo through our DVC points. Also were hoping for Moonlight Magic and had the Halloween party booked. Both Moonlight Magic and the Halloween party were canceled. We received a call from DVC member services, no club level amenities for our trip (8/28-9/8). The difference is that we were in a studio. They moved us to a one bedroom savannah view at Kidani. Because this is a room we would probably rarely/never choose on our own, and our daughter & family will be vacationing at the same time, we decided to keep the change. Not our ideal vacation, but we will make the best of this covid vacation.
I know nothing about DVC so pardon my probably very basic question 😂 but I’m quite curious. Are they charging you the same amount of points but giving you a better room? Did they offer anything else?

I know nothing about DVC so pardon my probably very basic question 😂 but I’m quite curious. Are they charging you the same amount of points but giving you a better room? Did they offer anything else?
Technically yes, the room would normally “cost more” points then what the CL studio did. So we will be in a bigger unit with a guaranteed savannah view. There really was no other option offered, but since the CL isn’t available anywhere on property, and we wanted to keep our reservation, we are satisfied with the “upgrade”. We now have a full kitchen that we can fill with food for the trip.

Well we got our call from DVC to fix our Club level AKL reservation since there is no Club and the Moonlight Madness DVC DHS party is cancelled.

This was a chill out and relax trip for hubby and I for 2 days at club and 1 night in a studio with the DVC members only DHS park party. This meant that our meals were covered for all three days and with the club days we also had adult beverages to our delight for 2 days.

Well their offer was a 2 bedroom at Saratoga Springs Resort. How is that an upgrade for 2 people? No food, no drinks, no evening at DHS with a meal. It was a crap offer in our opinion! And according to them it was that offer or nothing! We were welcome to use our points to do other resorts.

I asked for an extension of my points and they said yes, until November 2020. Again how does that help? LOL!

So I gave up and used my banked points to do OKW. At least with that we have Olivia's, the pool bar, and Gurgling Suitcase for good food and drinks and the ferry to Disney Springs.

It was just disappointing that by Disney rules our reservation is not considered "affected" since Jambo is now open for DVC guests even though Club is still closed.

I am not happy and hubby is livid but it is what it is!

Last edited:
Well we got out call from DVC to fix our Club level AKL reservation since there is no Club and the Moonlight Madness DVC DHS party is cancelled.

This was a chill out and relax trip for hubby and I for 2 days at club and 1 night in a studio with the DVC members only DHS park party. This meant that our meals were covered for all three days and with the club days we also had adult beverages to our delight for 2 days.

Well their offer was a 2 bedroom at Saratoga Springs Resort. How is that an upgrade for 2 people? No food, no drinks, no evening at DHS with a meal. It was a crap offer in our opinion! And according to them it was that offer or nothing! We were welcome to use our points to do other resorts.

I asked for an extension of my points and they said yes, until November 2020. Again how does that help? LOL!

So I gave up and used my banked points to do OKW. At least with that we have Olivia's, the pool bar, and Gurgling Suitcase for good food and drinks and the ferry to Disney Springs.

It was just disappointing that by Disney rules our reservation is not considered "affected" since Jambo is now open for DVC guests even though Club is still closed.

Did they offer to keep you in the CL room but reduce the amount of points? If so, was it reduced down to Standard view cost?

Well we got out call from DVC to fix our Club level AKL reservation since there is no Club and the Moonlight Madness DVC DHS party is cancelled.

Sorry to hear that! Just curious, what did you hope for as a fair offer?

Sorry to hear that! Just curious, what did you hope for as a fair offer?
I would have been pleased with my points back to use in Dec 2020 but they said No to that. I would have been okay with a 1 bedroom in Wilderness Lodge or Bay Lake and I was told no to both of those.

The only offer was a 2 bedroom at Saratoga. They did not offer me a 1 bedroom in either Kidani or Jambo and in fact tried to tell me Jambo was closed. LOL! I had to explain that Jambo DVC was now open.

Well we got our call from DVC to fix our Club level AKL reservation since there is no Club and the Moonlight Madness DVC DHS party is cancelled.

So absurd. I’d hoped they wouldn’t treat DVC the way they did cash bookings (here’s a fancier hotel room of our choice, you must pay the CL price, walk if you don’t like it) but it sounds like they are.

I just browsed next August. Not 1 club level room is available the week of 8/15. They were available a few days ago so I don't know if it's a glitch or if they purposely pulled CL rooms. Going to play with other dates and see. Ok, just looked. None available the 1st week of February either.

I don't know when your trip is, but they currently are not running the boats from OKW to DS :( (and haven't heard of a start date for those, if there is one I'd love to know)

I just browsed next August. Not 1 club level room is available the week of 8/15. They were available a few days ago so I don't know if it's a glitch or if they purposely pulled CL rooms. Going to play with other dates and see. Ok, just looked. None available the 1st week of February either.
We have a club level trip booked in June 2021 at the GF. I checked our dates to see if club level was available to book and no club level. :worried: I hope this means they have all the rooms booked they want and not that it is not available.

We have a club level trip booked in June 2021 at the GF. I checked our dates to see if club level was available to book and no club level. :worried: I hope this means they have all the rooms booked they want and not that it is not available.
I hope so for your sake. They may have just stopped booking them until they know more or are keeping numbers low to start. I guess time will tell.

I don't know when your trip is, but they currently are not running the boats from OKW to DS :( (and haven't heard of a start date for those, if there is one I'd love to know)

Oh wow thanks for letting me know this. I had no idea that the boats were not
running!

While I am sad to see WDW has pulled CL from booking for 2021 I am kinda ok with it. Personally I think it’s a demand decision, demand is crap by all accounts. A partially filled resort probably cannot produce the profit they want from CL so keep it closed until capacity comes back. (Yeah I know “2021 Q1 bookings are strong”. I also know the cancellation force will be strong as COVID won’t magically disappear by Jan- and I suspect Disney knows that too.)

I am truly sad the hope for CL returning soon has dwindled to nothingness- but I have been truly pissed at how they’ve handled CL reservation rebookings. I am glad they will save many people the “do I pay CL prices for the fancy room I don’t want or do I bail on my WDW trip?” dilemma Disney created for many this year.

When they’re ready to bring it back, I’ll look at it again. Until then I’ll order groceries and go DIY CL route on my next trip :)

While I am sad to see WDW has pulled CL from booking for 2021 I am kinda ok with it. Personally I think it’s a demand decision, demand is crap by all accounts. A partially filled resort probably cannot produce the profit they want from CL so keep it closed until capacity comes back. (Yeah I know “2021 Q1 bookings are strong”. I also know the cancellation force will be strong as COVID won’t magically disappear by Jan- and I suspect Disney knows that too.)

I am truly sad the hope for CL returning soon has dwindled to nothingness- but I have been truly pissed at how they’ve handled CL reservation rebookings. I am glad they will save many people the “do I pay CL prices for the fancy room I don’t want or do I bail on my WDW trip?” dilemma Disney created for many this year.

When they’re ready to bring it back, I’ll look at it again. Until then I’ll order groceries and go DIY CL route on my next trip :)
I have not heard this, can I ask where you found this information?
Thanks!

So nothing really official, unless you work at Disney. Do you?
Thanks though.
Just cause you don’t like what someone is reporting isn’t a reason to put them down. Many of us are grateful PP pointed this out to us and will continue to discuss it.

And so you understand completely, when you cannot book a hotel room it has been “pulled” from booking inventory. Right now you cannot book WDW CL rooms so that statement is fact.

So nothing really official, unless you work at Disney. Do you?
Thanks though.
I do not work for Disney. This is the same manner Disney handled the reopening of the deluxe resorts, no club level available for booking the remainder of 2020. I’m sure Disney pulled the availability of club level rooms for 2021 to avoid having to cancel/change reservations If Covid is still around in high numbers. There really isn’t a safe way to offer the normal club level offerings. It will be a waiting game for us all. I do currently have a club level stay booked in June at the Grand Floridia and I am hoping by June everything can return to normal. If not I will change my reservation to a standard room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter