Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I do not work for Disney. This is the same manner Disney handled the reopening of the deluxe resorts, no club level available for booking the remainder of 2020. I’m sure Disney pulled the availability of club level rooms for 2021 to avoid having to cancel/change reservations If Covid is still around in high numbers. There really isn’t a safe way to offer the normal club level offerings. It will be a waiting game for us all. I do currently have a club level stay booked in June at the Grand Floridia and I am hoping by June everything can return to normal. If not I will change my reservation to a standard room.
We have BWI Deluxe club booked for December, which I'm confident won't happen. We have the same booked for April, which I'm wondering if that will happen. We've resigned ourselves that it's highly likely that we won't see Disney until December 2021. One shining light is we're certainly saving travel $$$:).

I just browsed next August. Not 1 club level room is available the week of 8/15. They were available a few days ago so I don't know if it's a glitch or if they purposely pulled CL rooms. Going to play with other dates and see. Ok, just looked. None available the 1st week of February either.

We put in various dates for 2021 at the deluxe resorts that offer club level. There are no club level rooms available to book. This means they currently have pulled them.

:( :(

We have BWI Deluxe club booked for December, which I'm confident won't happen. We have the same booked for April, which I'm wondering if that will happen. We've resigned ourselves that it's highly likely that we won't see Disney until December 2021. One shining light is we're certainly saving travel $$$:).

Our next trip is scheduled for Oct 2021 and I'm beginning to think that will be our next trip as well. I'm looking forward to the 50th, provided things are back to normal (park hopping, EMH, etc).

Last edited:
Just cause you don’t like what someone is reporting isn’t a reason to put them down. Many of us are grateful PP pointed this out to us and will continue to discuss it.

And so you understand completely, when you cannot book a hotel room it has been “pulled” from booking inventory. Right now you cannot book WDW CL rooms so that statement is fact.

Yikes, settle down! (now this is the same tone as your post to me)
Not sure why you went there; I was simply making observations based on the facts. I even asked for confirmation of the source. There are MANY opinions and speculated things on the DBs.

No need to disparage others for asking questions and making observations.
I just booked a CL room so......that is why I asked. Since we are giving opinions, we don't know for sure if this is permanent or just a temporary situation, as Disney has been known to do.

Our next trip is scheduled for Oct 2021 and I'm beginning to think that will be our next trip as well. I'm looking forward to the 50th, provided things are back to normal (park hopping, EMH, etc).
Exactly! I'm ok with little changes but park hopping is a must as AP holders. Gotta figure by later in 2021, things have to be closer to the old normal. Off topic...love your signature...Vegas in 3 weeks? Whoo Hoo!!!

We are looking to visit next October as well. This is so disappointing! We were really wanting to stay in a suite at the GF so we wouldn’t have to do two separate rooms (there will be 6 of us plus a 2 year old). I was really looking forward to it :sad:

Here’s to hoping things change by then!

Exactly! I'm ok with little changes but park hopping is a must as AP holders. Gotta figure by later in 2021, things have to be closer to the old normal. Off topic...love your signature...Vegas in 3 weeks? Whoo Hoo!!!

Yes...little changes are ok but some of the bigger things taken away are must-haves! I hope as we get into 2021 that things get back to normal 🤞.

Thanks on my signature! I was originally looking at Disney after rescheduling/cancelling 4x from earlier this spring, but with no discounts and so much taken away, Disney just wasn't meant to be. Seeing as I found discounted hotel rates and great airfare to Vegas, everything just seemed to fall into place. With this year being so crazy, I'm really looking forward to getting away for a few days :goodvibes.

We are looking to visit next October as well. This is so disappointing! We were really wanting to stay in a suite at the GF so we wouldn’t have to do two separate rooms (there will be 6 of us plus a 2 year old). I was really looking forward to it :sad:

Here’s to hoping things change by then!

I know, it's very disappointing! It would be nice if Disney would at least make an announcement that CL rooms are temporarily unavailable for booking instead of just taking them out of inventory. I hope things change for the better and your Oct 2021 trip goes as planned :wizard:.

Last edited:
I tried the search tool and could not find what I would like to ask. If asked already I do apologize. Okay you savvy club level reservationist how do you secure a CL room? I am hoping to go in 2022 and love to get a CL room at the AKL. Do I have to book exactly at 499 days or is there some other trick? TIA

OK so I was curious and called Disney to try and book a CL room. I asked about the BWI CL and was at first told that there wasn't any openings for the dates I chose. I had her look at a few other dates and a couple different hotels, of course nothing. The CM didn't know about not booking CL for 2021 but after a little prompting from me and then a short hold she came back to tell me that Disney was currently not booking any CL for 2021 but to call back at a later date because this was always subject to change. I felt a bit sorry for her because she really had no clue. Under normal circumstances that has to be a tough job but right now it must be extremely difficult with the rules changing on a daily basis and very unhappy guests calling in.

I tried the search tool and could not find what I would like to ask. If asked already I do apologize. Okay you savvy club level reservationist how do you secure a CL room? I am hoping to go in 2022 and love to get a CL room at the AKL. Do I have to book exactly at 499 days or is there some other trick? TIA

At this point, you’ll need to wait until Disney announces an opening date for CL rooms and then yes, you can call to book if it’s 499 days or fewer from your date.

We have stayed on the 14th floor at the Contemporary several times. We have been wondering what the amenities look like in "Covid times". We very much enjoy the quiet atmosphere of the 14th floor. We so enjoy seeing our friends and catching up when we visit. We are looking forward to our upcoming January WDW/CR visit if the Covid issue is "solved". Thanking you for sharing about your visits (prior to January) so we will know what to expect when we visit.

OK so I was curious and called Disney to try and book a CL room. I asked about the BWI CL and was at first told that there wasn't any openings for the dates I chose. I had her look at a few other dates and a couple different hotels, of course nothing. The CM didn't know about not booking CL for 2021 but after a little prompting from me and then a short hold she came back to tell me that Disney was currently not booking any CL for 2021 but to call back at a later date because this was always subject to change. I felt a bit sorry for her because she really had no clue. Under normal circumstances that has to be a tough job but right now it must be extremely difficult with the rules changing on a daily basis and very unhappy guests calling in.
We booked our CL room at 499 days out (prior to Covid) for the 14th floor at the Contemporary. It sounds like from a couple other posts there is no CL service due to Covid. I wonder if they are going to compensate $$$ wise for this change? We won't worry about it for several more weeks as our visit is not until January. I too agree that working at WDW right now must be a VERY tough job! We have friends that are working jobs they never have in the past. There is a learning curve for all in this uncertain time. Patience is a virtue.

We booked our CL room at 499 days out (prior to Covid) for the 14th floor at the Contemporary. It sounds like from a couple other posts there is no CL service due to Covid. I wonder if they are going to compensate $$$ wise for this change? We won't worry about it for several more weeks as our visit is not until January. I too agree that working at WDW right now must be a VERY tough job! We have friends that are working jobs they never have in the past. There is a learning curve for all in this uncertain time. Patience is a virtue.
We have a trip planned at Universal in November that we booked months ago. We are booked at the PBH CL but I just recently found out that the PBH will not be reopening this year. We haven't heard from Universal yet but I should call and cancel our trip and have my money refunded as I have no interest in staying at the hotels that Universal does have open. Very sad all the way around.

It’s very rare you need to book 499 days out. CL rooms are pretty decently available even 6 months out- outside of holidays and Disney events I’d say. When they’re available to book again they will show on the website with regular rooms.

We stayed at AKL CL in March (right before everything closed). I booked maybe 100 days out. I had several CL options from which to choose. Of course things have certainly changed and could change more in the future, particularly with the anniversary, but I think you’ll be fine booking.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter