Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Nope, if you stay in RPC you can go to that CL lounge, and if you stay in SL you can go to that lounge, but you can't do both. I've stayed in both and don't care for SL club, but since it's a good bit less expensive than RPC it's good to do just to get the experience.
From my experience I’ve only had access to both lounges while staying in a suite in a building that didn’t have a lounge. I stayed in the Everglades suite one year and had access to both lounges. I don’t care for sugarloaf though.

From my experience I’ve only had access to both lounges while staying in a suite in a building that didn’t have a lounge. I stayed in the Everglades suite one year and had access to both lounges. I don’t care for sugarloaf though.
I think those suites are an exception, and a lot harder to get (and pricey). If I were paying that price I'd just stay in the main building so I don't have to go outside to my room....and RPC is way better.

I think those suites are an exception, and a lot harder to get (and pricey). If I were paying that price I'd just stay in the main building so I don't have to go outside to my room....and RPC is way better.
I completely agree, for me the main building is the way to go if available.

I completely agree, for me the main building is the way to go if available.
I think, as a bucket list room, the king deluxe rooms are it in the main building. (not the ones hidden on the second floor, the ones in the turrets). Probably my favorite room I've ever had at Disney property. GF may not be my favorite resort, not my least favorite either I just like a different resort feel, but that room will always hold a special place in my heart.

I’m interested in staying in a CL room outer building at GF so I can try two different clubs/lounges. Looking at May 2021. Should I go ahead and book something without any discount and hope for the best?
If you’re willing to pay the rack rate book it. If you aren’t don’t. The more rooms booked, the fewer might be available on discount down the road. Imho if you’re willing to pay rack rate book to ensure you get it but otherwise book what hotel you’re willing to pay rack for and adjust down the road if an offer with availability comes out.

I thought I read if you stay in an outer building CL room at GF you had access to both Clubs... I might have misunderstood???

ETA - Royal Palm and Sugarloaf
My understanding is that is only if staying in a suite in an outer building. A standard CL room in an outer building would only give you access to the lounge in the SL building.

ETA: I guess I should have kept reading. Looks like this was already covered!:rotfl:

Last edited:

Then you will need to contact DVC Member Services. It is my understanding is that all DVC units are open in Jambo House including the 6th floor but no CL services are available or will be provided for the foreseeable future.

I would expect you would qualify to the reduced points but only Member Services can address any credit or your ability to defer partial or all of your points for a later visit.

Dav

I tried calling Member Services this morning and had no luck. We were going for Moonlight Magic at DHS and 2 days at Club level with the rest in a non-Club room. They tell me my reservation by their definition is "not affected" even though Moonlight Magic is cancelled and Club is not available right now. :( I disagree but that is beside the point.

The CM suggested I put the points into RCI with the fee waived but I am not sure that is appealing to us. Her next offer was for me to make an offer that she could take to her supervisor. So I asked for Bay Lake Tower or Wilderness Lodge for the same time frame. She came back and they said No to both. Then she offered a stay in either Kidani or Jambo for the same time frame without the Club. I responded well I can book that myself, right? She said yes. No deal on points or any kind of upgrade.

She then said the standard response right now is they will contact me in the weeks before the check in date to offer me something else if Club is still not open. We check-in in 29 days! LOL! SO we wait again!

Did I mention how much I dislike living in Limboland? LOL!

We are DVC members and are booked for June 2021. Our daughter is turning 16. I was thinking of a one night stay in a CL room. Is it worth it? Are they any perks a 16 year old girl would like?

I think it might depend on your daughter and also the resort you choose. I love CL, but I appreciate being able to have a nice breakfast in the morning and cordials or wine at night. My sister and her two kids joined me for a YC-CL stay last August. 16 yo boy and 14 yo girl. They liked being able to grab snacks and have the CMs fawn over them, but I think they were just as happy at Pop Century -- where we spent our first night. My niece especially appreciated the CMs preparing fresh fruit plates for her in the evening when all that was generally out were cookies and other sweets. My sister was bowled over by CL; the kids, not so much. It's not that they're spoiled; they just were there for WDW and were going to be happy wherever. So, do CL if YOU would like it. That's my two cents. YMMV.

We are DVC members and are booked for June 2021. Our daughter is turning 16. I was thinking of a one night stay in a CL room. Is it worth it? Are they any perks a 16 year old girl would like?

The only perks of a CL stay is the food/beverages in the lounge and the assistance the CMs might be able to provide to you in planning (I find that I can do this on my own without help). They might do something special for your DD, but it's not guaranteed. Personally, I would look at the price difference between CL and your standard room and think about other options that might be available to you for her birthday at that cost - a special dinner, special event, tour, souvenir, etc.

So I asked for Bay Lake Tower or Wilderness Lodge for the same time frame. She came back and they said No to both. Then she offered a stay in either Kidani or Jambo for the same time frame without the Club. I responded well I can book that myself, right? She said yes. No deal on points or any kind of upgrade.

She then said the standard response right now is they will contact me in the weeks before the check in date to offer me something else if Club is still not open. We check-in in 29 days! LOL! SO we wait again!
Wow just Wow. Well we know that CL is not going to be open in 4 weeks as they have clearly stated that CL would not be available for the rest of 2020.

I would call back on Monday to hopefully get an answer from a more experienced rep. They only have about 4 weeks to back to you before you arrive. I still think you will get a 6th floor CL 1br unit but not CL service and I don't see how they can charge you the full points since they did not deliver the "included" services even if it is only for 2 nights.

Do you see any inventory in BLT or CCV when you look or has all the inventory been transferred to Disney due to the 60 day breakage clause? It was not clear in your response above since you only mentioned that you could book a regular DVC 1br at Kidani or Jambo.

Also I would be concerned about no dining options at Jambo House since all the dining options are closed and you would have to go to Kidani.

Dave

I tried calling Member Services this morning and had no luck. We were going for Moonlight Magic at DHS and 2 days at Club level with the rest in a non-Club room. They tell me my reservation by their definition is "not affected" even though Moonlight Magic is cancelled and Club is not available right now. :( I disagree but that is beside the point.

The CM suggested I put the points into RCI with the fee waived but I am not sure that is appealing to us. Her next offer was for me to make an offer that she could take to her supervisor. So I asked for Bay Lake Tower or Wilderness Lodge for the same time frame. She came back and they said No to both. Then she offered a stay in either Kidani or Jambo for the same time frame without the Club. I responded well I can book that myself, right? She said yes. No deal on points or any kind of upgrade.

Did I mention how much I dislike living in Limboland? LOL!
Although member services may not be aware of the decisions being made regarding when CL will re-open, I'm sure they can tell you what has been done for people visiting over the past few weeks with similar reservations as yours. Did she mention a refund of the point difference between CL and a standard view room?
Wow just Wow. Well we know that CL is not going to be open in 4 weeks as they have clearly stated that CL would not be available for the rest of 2020.
For the reset of 2020? Who said this? I never saw an anything on it.

I would call back on Monday to hopefully get an answer from a more experienced rep. They only have about 4 weeks to back to you before you arrive. I still think you will get a 6th floor CL 1br unit but not CL service and I don't see how they can charge you the full points since they did not deliver the "included" services even if it is only for 2 nights.

Do you see any inventory in BLT or CCV when you look or has all the inventory been transferred to Disney due to the 60 day breakage clause? It was not clear in your response above since you only mentioned that you could book a regular DVC 1br at Kidani or Jambo.

Also I would be concerned about no dining options at Jambo House since all the dining options are closed and you would have to go to Kidani.

Dave
To get technical they have not officially stated CL won’t be available for the rest of 2020. Club level services are “temporarily unavailable”. They are bookable starting 1/1/21 but that does not mean there is a date for resumption of services.

For the reset of 2020? Who said this? I never saw an anything on it.
Yes all CL rooms were removed from the system through Dec. 31,2020. As for 2021, CL rooms are available starting on Jan. 1 at resorts that are open or scheduled to open like YC and Poly. No options for resorts that are currently closed with no reopening date, BC, BWI, ALK Jambo House.

Dave

We have BWI deluxe club booked/paid for, December 2-9. We’ve yet to receive any correspondence with regards to our reservation. While I get that new reservations for 2020 don’t include CL options, it may be a stretch at this time to assume that ALL CL for the remainder of 2020 is a no go.
Time will tell.
I think it's going to be quite difficult to provide CL services in the current health risk environment.
But, it would be nice if it was somehow possible.
We love those deluxe CL rooms at BWI, they are wonderful.
However it works out for you, I hope you have a very nice holiday trip. 🎄

We have BWI deluxe club booked/paid for, December 2-9. We’ve yet to receive any correspondence with regards to our reservation. While I get that new reservations for 2020 don’t include CL options, it may be a stretch at this time to assume that ALL CL for the remainder of 2020 is a no go.
Time will tell.
Sorry to break it to you but they have just not gotten to the Dec dates. They are still working on September changes at the moment and the BWI opening was changed to closed with no reopening date from the October 1st reopening date on July 27th.

While I would love for CL to reopen before the end of the year I don't really expect them to offer CL in the first half of 2021 at this time.

Dave

Sorry to break it to you but they have just not gotten to the Dec dates. They are still working on September changes at the moment and the BWI opening was changed to closed with no reopening date from the October 1st reopening date on July 27th.

While I would love for CL to reopen before the end of the year I don't really expect them to offer CL in the first half of 2021 at this time.

Dave
Not arguing with you at all. We've already decided, as AP holders, that if park hopping isn't back by December, we'll cancel anyway. We have already booked a standby week in April, the week after Easter. If no CL or park hopping by then, we'll push the week into next December. I just prefer to wait for official Disney correspondence v.s. reacting to current hearsay. There is way too much disinformation being bantered about, unfortunately a lot is coming from CM's who really don't know much:).

Time will tell.
We had club Deluxe room reservations for 11/29 -12/5 and received an email a couple of weeks ago to contact them about changing. I got a BCV 2 bedroom villa. We got the price guarantee.

I also had ressies for a deluxe club 1/10-/16 for which I called and switched to a 2 bedroom villa at BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter