Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I’ve been at YC, but frankly wish I was at Poly or a MK resort. I have come to the conclusion that I don’t really love YC without CL, as snooty as that is to say. I can’t really pin-point why - I think it’s the food/convenience. For the first time the food options around YC/BC have grown stale for me… options/menus are just so limited. :-(

I don’t mind the Poly construction - and with most (although not all) of it “out front” it’s not always in your face.
I feel the same way. I will not return to the YC until CL and housekeeping return. It was horrible in May. Eating was definitely a challenge. If you didn't do a mobile order at Y&C right at 7 am you couldn't get a time or it was hours later. We had to call and practically beg for towels so we could take a shower and change for dinner. I admit I am a resort snob, but when you are paying $600 a night with a discount that is not acceptable...then add in the trash in the halls...:scared:

I feel the same way. I will not return to the YC until CL and housekeeping return. It was horrible in May. Eating was definitely a challenge. If you didn't do a mobile order at Y&C right at 7 am you couldn't get a time or it was hours later. We had to call and practically beg for towels so we could take a shower and change for dinner. I admit I am a resort snob, but when you are paying $600 a night with a discount that is not acceptable...then add in the trash in the halls...:scared:
So appreciate these "real time" updates. The more I read, the more I think that we're just gonna hold off on visiting. Some things are negotiable but daily housekeeping is a must. Looking more like a Disney trip in 2022 than 12/2021.

You guys are making we want to stay at the YC even less😳 The only benefit of the YC is it's location. Walking to epcot is clutch. I need to rethink and redo plans if I switch. I had epcot planned for party day. Figured a quick couple of hours and maybe late lunch at via Napoli. Hhmmmmm

You guys are making we want to stay at the YC even less😳 The only benefit of the YC is it's location. Walking to epcot is clutch. I need to rethink and redo plans if I switch. I had epcot planned for party day. Figured a quick couple of hours and maybe late lunch at via Napoli. Hhmmmmm
We prefer the Epcot area resorts, esp YC and BWI. Agree, they do not have as many 'easy' food options as the MK resorts, but we don't snack a lot and we plan our ADRs. We also like Ale & Compass and go into WS a lot. Being able to walk to 2 parks is a bonus. If you have small children I can see needing CL or monorail options for convenience but we stay in that area even if we don't have CL.

Writing just to vent some frustrations. I booked a stay at GF at the 500 day mark for our 40th wedding anniversary back in May for October 2022. It’s been a dream to stay at the GF for years and now that the kids are grown and gone it’s time for my DW and me. At the time CL rooms were not available to book so we booked a general main building suite. I was calling practically every day to attempt a room upgrade to CL. When they announced CL reservations were open I jumped right in. CM told me CL rooms weren’t available yet for our stay. After weeks of calling a CM finally told me all CL rooms are booked. :headache: Maybe if I could get lucky if someone would cancel. That means constantly checking the website for the next year and half. CL rooms are available in August and November 2022 but September and October nothing is available. I have gotten several different stories and am longer sure what the real story is.

We are experiencing the same thing for our stay in April 2022! CL is available a couple of weeks before and after our week but nothing has been available for our week since CL reservations first opened again and we’ve tried every day along with a TA. It’s extremely frustrating but unless CL perks improve I’m not sure it would be worth it to us anyway. I would love to know the actual story to explain this.

I wouldn’t read too much into my comments, IMO. I’m more picking apart some smaller influences of a trip vs game changing/would never stay here things. I’ve barely gotten on a bus in 4 days - that will always carry a lot of benefit for us and I’ll have more tolerance for other things. Doesn’t mean I won’t complain about the food options though. 😂

We prefer the Epcot area resorts, esp YC and BWI. Agree, they do not have as many 'easy' food options as the MK resorts, but we don't snack a lot and we plan our ADRs. We also like Ale & Compass and go into WS a lot. Being able to walk to 2 parks is a bonus. If you have small children I can see needing CL or monorail options for convenience but we stay in that area even if we don't have CL.
My kids are big🤣 17 and 14. They could go to epcot without me. We have more dining on the monorail line then in the epcot area. I love walking to Epcot but hate coming back from MK. As nice as the pool is, it was a zoo when I was there last. I actually wanted BWI but it wasnt open when I booked. Now my older one doesn't want to leave SAB (he likes the lazy river part). He will choose Poly over YC though.

I'm so confused!!!!!!

My kids are big🤣 17 and 14. They could go to epcot without me. We have more dining on the monorail line then in the epcot area. I love walking to Epcot but hate coming back from MK. As nice as the pool is, it was a zoo when I was there last. I actually wanted BWI but it wasnt open when I booked. Now my older one doesn't want to leave SAB (he likes the lazy river part). He will choose Poly over YC though.

I'm so confused!!!!!!
My young adult kids prefer the BWI/YC mainly for WS options (I never choose BC anymore because I think there are too many kids there pirate:) They always hop in the evening. We don't really use any pools. I don't mind the bus to MK because we usually just do morning (but not rope drop) and then come back early afternoon when it's not too crowded. If you were mainly going to MK I would choose MK resort.

**note but with the current and future MK pricing I think I am going back to POFQ when it opens. It's been nice chatting with you all :smickey: I'm the budgety-est one here.

My young adult kids prefer the BWI/YC mainly for WS options (I never choose BC anymore because I think there are too many kids there pirate:) They always hop in the evening. We don't really use any pools. I don't mind the bus to MK because we usually just do morning (but not rope drop) and then come back early afternoon when it's not too crowded. If you were mainly going to MK I would choose MK resort.

**note but with the current and future MK pricing I think I am going back to POFQ when it opens. It's been nice chatting with you all :smickey: I'm the budgety-est one here.

The prices are insane and I can't even believe I'm considering rack rate🤯 I actually paid more in march for my CR room then poly prices but it was theme park view and was "discounted ". It's the mental note that I need to feelcI saved something. We don't rope drop either and I love late nights. The plan was for epcot in the evenings but last time we stayed BC I would go to the bridge and watch fireworks alone. My family bailed on me😉 I need an in park adr to get them back into a park.

I’ve been at YC, but frankly wish I was at Poly or a MK resort. I have come to the conclusion that I don’t really love YC without CL, as snooty as that is to say. I can’t really pin-point why - I think it’s the food/convenience. For the first time the food options around YC/BC have grown stale for me… options/menus are just so limited. :-(

I don’t mind the Poly construction - and with most (although not all) of it “out front” it’s not always in your face.

Unfortunately I’m with you about not being able to do YC without CL. Can’t pinpoint it either but totally agree right now.

I have a club level question. I have noticed when trying to book for next year that the 1 and 2 bedroom suites which are usually club level are not under club level rooms. Do you think they will change them back once the clubs reopen? I can book club level rooms but not the suites, the suites are not under that category. I am just worried to book a suite if I will not have the club level! TIA!

Excellent question. I am operating under the ‘assumption’ (key word) the suites will in fact eventually be put back in the CL designation, since taking them “out” of that category was only done last summer to make them bookable since CL would not be available. Could be wrong I guess, but I can’t imagine they would not offer CL where applicable when it reopens.

Writing just to vent some frustrations. I booked a stay at GF at the 500 day mark for our 40th wedding anniversary back in May for October 2022. It’s been a dream to stay at the GF for years and now that the kids are grown and gone it’s time for my DW and me. At the time CL rooms were not available to book so we booked a general main building suite. I was calling practically every day to attempt a room upgrade to CL. When they announced CL reservations were open I jumped right in. CM told me CL rooms weren’t available yet for our stay. After weeks of calling a CM finally told me all CL rooms are booked. :headache: Maybe if I could get lucky if someone would cancel. That means constantly checking the website for the next year and half. CL rooms are available in August and November 2022 but September and October nothing is available. I have gotten several different stories and am longer sure what the real story is.

I had the same question as @Minnie1222 above. Do you still have your main building suite reservation? That room will be CL.

So appreciate these "real time" updates. The more I read, the more I think that we're just gonna hold off on visiting. Some things are negotiable but daily housekeeping is a must. Looking more like a Disney trip in 2022 than 12/2021.
Don't let a few negative reviews influence your decision. As more restaurants open eating will be easier. Even the lack of housekeeping is inconsistent, many have reported they had towels and trash every other day and even had beds made. That was not our experience though. You really appreciate and realize just how much the housekeepers did before when you don't have it for a week.

Don't let a few negative reviews influence your decision. As more restaurants open eating will be easier. Even the lack of housekeeping is inconsistent, many have reported they had towels and trash every other day and even had beds made. That was not our experience though. You really appreciate and realize just how much the housekeepers did before when you don't have it for a week.

The problem is I wasn't feeling the YC. To be honest, we get sick of food choices wherever we go. We didn't care for the BC, too chaotic. I'm afraid YC won't be relaxing. I'm also now concerned about ordering food but that could be anywhere. I didn't mind the lack of housekeeping when we went in march. I bring garbage bags and take care of it myself. My kids also napped every afternoon so the beds didn't matter either 😉 I think I want GF or BWI which no one in my family wants. I only keep checking because I'm not happy with my reservation. I wanted Poly from the start but it's been booked for months so I kind of leaned towards something else. Hence my confusion about where to stay.

Y'all, what's the difference between CL rooms at Contemporary? I'm seeing standard for Atrium level. And then just standard club level, sold as a separate category. The second is more expensive but doesn't specify Atrium.

This is us too. I've been reading the unfavorable comments about YC and was surprised by them but then I realized that a lot of it is about the lack of easy coffee and counter serve food. We always have at least 2 daily ADRs and do a walk around WS at least once a day, so that's probably why it isn't much of an issue for us. We also find Hurricane Hanna's to be an easy, quick spot to grab a decent burger, but that's not an option right now. I do really like the Ale & Compass full service restaurant at breakfast and dinner, but service there can be awful at lunch time when it's uncrowded. It's like everything moves in some kind of weird slow motion because they aren't busy.
These same reasons (lots of ADRs and lots of visits to the festival food booths) are making me rethink our club level reservation for our next trip. We're currently booked at rack rate. Club Level is around $250 per night more than non club for the same view on our dates. As much as I enjoy sitting in the club lounge, we really only use it for coffee, fresh fruit, and wine. Occasionally a few bites of something during the appetizer period if our dinner reservation is at 8 or 9:00. I don't remember ever seeing club prices quite that much higher over non club. I definitely need to consider if it's worth it this time.

Y'all, what's the difference between CL rooms at Contemporary? I'm seeing standard for Atrium level. And then just standard club level, sold as a separate category. The second is more expensive but doesn't specify Atrium.
There are 2 club levels at CR. The Atrium lounge is on the 12th floor for guests staying on that floor. The Tower lounge is on the 14th floor for guests staying on that floor. There is no 13th floor. 14th floor is mostly suites and I think that most of the regular rooms have king beds. The category that you see that just says standard club level is on the 14th floor.

There are 2 club levels at CR. The Atrium lounge is on the 12th floor for guests staying on that floor. The Tower lounge is on the 14th floor for guests staying on that floor. There is no 13th floor. 14th floor is mostly suites and I think that most of the regular rooms have king beds. The category that you see that just says standard club level is on the 14th floor.

Super helpful, thank you! If only they could title them consistently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter