Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

If had booked for the 50th (I never have planned to be a part of it) and had come to the decision you finally did, I know it would have been painful for me. There have been too many Disney trips I have had to cancel for one reason or another and it just hurts. However, your reasoning is probably (and I speak for myself) the kind that a lot of other of us Disers should rely on. My opinion here: if more of us would just stay "STOP", then maybe Disney would back down and restore some of the perks that Deluxe resort guests have come to expect. And PLEASE for goodness sake, give us some decent AP discounts! The latest offering to me is laughable. These outrageous prices haven't just started....I've been a "sucker" for years so I'm "preaching to the choir" here.
Ok, rant over...carry on!

It took me a few days to actually cancel once I made the decision and while it was a little painful/sad at first, the more I thought about it I knew I made the right decision. Like you, I've been a "sucker" for years and have always used "Disney math" to justify the cost of deluxe resorts and CL, but sadly I can't justify it anymore. Not only are rates at an outrageous level, but so many perks have been taken away as well. I never thought I'd want to go anywhere other than Disney as that's the only place we've gone for the past 20 years, but this has pushed me to explore other destinations. My first time to Vegas was with DH last Sept, with us having taken 2 more trips back there since. We tried a Universal resort end of May/beginning of June and are looking forward to a weekend in Marco Island middle of August. I've also done 2 girls trips since Oct, 1 to Charleston, SC and 1 to Bonita Springs, FL. I won't lie....I do miss Disney....but I also enjoy seeing other places that I most likely would never have seen if I continued on with just Disney. I'm not sure if anymore Disney trips are in my future, but I am enjoying traveling to other places in the meantime. Good luck with any trips you are planning, I hope some good AP discounts come out :wizard:.

It took me a few days to actually cancel once I made the decision and while it was a little painful/sad at first, the more I thought about it I knew I made the right decision. Like you, I've been a "sucker" for years and have always used "Disney math" to justify the cost of deluxe resorts and CL, but sadly I can't justify it anymore. Not only are rates at an outrageous level, but so many perks have been taken away as well. I never thought I'd want to go anywhere other than Disney as that's the only place we've gone for the past 20 years, but this has pushed me to explore other destinations. My first time to Vegas was with DH last Sept, with us having taken 2 more trips back there since. We tried a Universal resort end of May/beginning of June and are looking forward to a weekend in Marco Island middle of August. I've also done 2 girls trips since Oct, 1 to Charleston, SC and 1 to Bonita Springs, FL. I won't lie....I do miss Disney....but I also enjoy seeing other places that I most likely would never have seen if I continued on with just Disney. I'm not sure if anymore Disney trips are in my future, but I am enjoying traveling to other places in the meantime. Good luck with any trips you are planning, I hope some good AP discounts come out :wizard:.
Oh, I'm really eager to hear about your Marco Island visit! My sister (my travel buddy) has a friend who recently went there and spoke about it in glowing terms! We just got back from a week long tour (my first organized tour since I was a young person) to Michigan, with Mackinac Island as the best part (and a 2 night stay at The Grand Hotel). What a gorgeous place! Yes, there are many other destinations to visit (but secretly or not so secretly, I can't write Disney off...just stay somewhere less expensive), one on my bucket list being Niagara Falls.
I know Charleston, SC very well. Grew up an hour and a half from there. Great place for history and southern charm.

Well for what it’s worth, Universal just announced discounts up to 30% off through December. I still think we’ll see both general public and AP discounts for Fall/Winter come out in the near future.

Since you guys are my go to, any restaurants anyone loves at Universal?

Also, what do you guys do on party/after hours days. Deciding if I want to go easy or do a morning park and rest prior. I'm so confused! I have some contingency restaurants booked but with park passes I want to nail it down. I was going to have the boo bash day be my husband's golf day but he said too long of a day and he'll be too tired. He wants to golf the following day🤷‍♀️. Our event ends at 1230 and my kids are night owls.
Mythos is a must do. I always get the salmon and the best dessert in florida, chocolate banana cake.

I got in tonight after being delayed 2 hours at JFK, was dropped off at GDT at 9 and literally just took my bag to my room and ran right back out to catch Epcot forever. The fountains were on after the show! I’d have gotten pics but was on FaceTime with gf.

(Got a mobile order from Three Bridges and then crashing…of course I got no utensils and I’m already back at the room in pjs. That sounds about right for my luck today lol)

It was fine with the extra passes. I didn’t feel rushed for rope drop because I knew we had ALL the rides we wanted already booked. Yep I’d do again.

1 more day until I am enjoying Club Level again! Portofino !
I’m so excited 😃

I just booked Portofino CL for my DHs 40th birthday trip. I initially had HRH CL but everything I see says Portofino is the much superior CL and it was oddly cheaper. How do you feel this stacked up to WDW CLs? The CL we've done are AKL, WL, BWI and CSR. I'm sure it tough to say because of COVID but just curious if you thought it was "worth it"

I got in tonight after being delayed 2 hours at JFK, was dropped off at GDT at 9 and literally just took my bag to my room and ran right back out to catch Epcot forever. The fountains were on after the show! I’d have gotten pics but was on FaceTime with gf.

(Got a mobile order from Three Bridges and then crashing…of course I got no utensils and I’m already back at the room in pjs. That sounds about right for my luck today lol)

Oh no, you poor thing, hopefully you got something that you could at least try to eat with your hands.

I just booked Portofino CL for my DHs 40th birthday trip. I initially had HRH CL but everything I see says Portofino is the much superior CL and it was oddly cheaper. How do you feel this stacked up to WDW CLs? The CL we've done are AKL, WL, BWI and CSR. I'm sure it tough to say because of COVID but just curious if you thought it was "worth it"
The food is not as good IMO. However it all goes back to time savings and convenience. Still far better than holiday inn express etc free breakfasts if you know what I mean.

Just for coffee, water juice in the morning , beverages and snacks midday and beverages in the evening will cover the cost.

Then any food you eat is bonus lol.

I didn’t feel the wow/fun factor like wdw however I would still do again, We always stopped and grabbed waters n snacks with no wait which made it easier than stopping at a store.

Oh, I'm really eager to hear about your Marco Island visit! My sister (my travel buddy) has a friend who recently went there and spoke about it in glowing terms! We just got back from a week long tour (my first organized tour since I was a young person) to Michigan, with Mackinac Island as the best part (and a 2 night stay at The Grand Hotel). What a gorgeous place! Yes, there are many other destinations to visit (but secretly or not so secretly, I can't write Disney off...just stay somewhere less expensive), one on my bucket list being Niagara Falls.
I know Charleston, SC very well. Grew up an hour and a half from there. Great place for history and southern charm.

This is our first time as we've never been, but I've read so many great things about Marco Island. It's a quick trip as we're only there Fri-Sun for my birthday, but we just plan on pool/beach time and dinner with a little shopping each night. Your MI trip sounds fun. Mackinac Island is another place we've never been, but I have heard that's also a great place to visit. Glad you had a nice time. My cousin and I took a girls trip to Charleston and we both loved it! It was last Oct so a lot of things were closed due to Covid, but we still had a great time. We're actually thinking of going back, that's how much we enjoyed it. Hope you get to Niagara Falls soon :).

My daughter (age 10; this trip we celebrated becoming a Disney adult, lol) and I are headed home tomorrow after a week at WDW. We spent the first half of our trip at VGF and the second at the Four Seasons. After this trip, I have to say there isn’t much to keep us staying at Disney deluxe resorts. My daughter likes the fun of being in the Disney bubble, which we’ve had to some extent here at the FS but not as much as at a Disney resort. The big advantage to being at a Disney resort is being at a MK resort and the ease of transportation to the MK (I really don’t like the hassle of parking at the TTC).

Other than that, our experience here has been far above and beyond anything we’ve ever experienced at a Disney resort. The FS has been a truly deluxe experience in every way. There’s no CL here, but in my opinion, the other perks far exceed the CL experience.

At the current prices to stay at Disney, I’m not sure we will do it again. If there’s a decent discount, I would do it, but if not and I’m paying all of this money, I certainly feel like the FS is the better experience and where my money will go. My daughter agrees. I asked her at the pool yesterday if she would prefer to stay at the GF for the experience of staying at a Disney hotel, and she told me there is no way she would rather swim at the Beach pool! 🤣

I was just checking our dates in the fall, and a room here at the FS is actually a little less than a CL room at Disney. I’m considering switching and staying here again. Actually, I’m really unsure. We’re going to Boo Bash, and I really like the advantage of being able to walk back at the end of the night without the hassle of any type of transportation. At least for me, the advantage to the Disney resorts at these prices is the location. I’ll have to give it some thought. I’m not sure how likely a discount is right before the 50th. I’m a little sad we’re going to miss it, but we have to travel earlier due to the school schedule.

Haven't been on this thread for a while- have they announced yet exactly what CL will look like now as far as the lounge and food are concerned?

I'll be there the end of August. When are you going?

The food is not as good IMO. However it all goes back to time savings and convenience. Still far better than holiday inn express etc free breakfasts if you know what I mean.

Just for coffee, water juice in the morning , beverages and snacks midday and beverages in the evening will cover the cost.

I didn’t feel the wow/fun factor like wdw however I would still do again, We always stopped and grabbed waters n snacks with no wait which made it easier than stopping at a store.
That's too bad. Pre covid, we thought the food was really good in the evening. More like a meal than Disney CL.

That's too bad. Pre covid, we thought the food was really good in the evening. More like a meal than Disney CL.

Yes, I’d echo that. Perhaps a little less choice but definitely more substantial. We found the breakfast (pre-COVID) to be good too. Some of the staff are great too - a lot only seem to be there for a year (internship I think?) but we’ve found that if you visit twice in that time they tend to remember you. The alcohol is definitely better at Disney though 😂

Nope. I think we’ll all be waiting for CL reports for those staying at AKL first.
Some thoughts:

I believe the reason AKL is the first to come back was due to the hotel side having discussions with DVC management. Every day that passes that those DVC-CL rooms have to be dropped down to DVC-STD level (refund on points) just increases the overage of points in the system. One day may not make much of a difference, but multiple it by 365 and we have a problem, Houston.

To stop it CL had to be brought back ASAP, which also meant the hotel side and the restaurants had to open. It certainly wasn't their initial plans or we'd have read about it some time back. It seems that the hotel side wanted AKL to be among the last to open.

Thank you. I just found all of your great detailed info on the PB board

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter