Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Surgie2, I did my own ADR's but I had DSS tweak a few. We didn't even plan to go till last month and will go in July. A couple of weeks ago we decided to try BOG for dinner but only ADR I could find at 9:15. I made it, then emailed DSS to see if they could help find an earlier time. They got back to me fast with exactly the time I wanted. Same with an ADR I had for homecomin. Originally I had the perfect time but for only the 5 of us. Local friends want to join, making us 8. No luck myself but DSS made it happen.
Wow! Nice to hear that they may finally be able to do something that we can't! My experience in the past has been just the opposite...like when Cali Grill reopened after the renovation, I got the reservation but the IPO couldn't get it for me. I will probably keep making my own ADRs until I hear enough good feedback to trust them...or I could try to let them make an important ADR while I do as well and see what happens this time!

Do you let DSS book your ADRs? I am such a control freak and would worry it might get messed up. But I'm thinking it may be a better option than doing it myself.

So how does it work if DSS books for you? Do i just give them my dates and choices in advance? How successful have people been at getting what they want with DSS? Thanks for advice.

Since we booked really late this time, well past the 180 day mark, I called them and they helped me get many of the ADRs I wanted. Then I tweaked it online on my own, either because we changed our minds, or because I was able to find things (like Beaches & Cream) that they weren't able to book for me at the time I contacted them. They are all up on MDE, though, so I feel like it was great to get the help I did from them.

Slowly continuing to get through my Poly CL pics from last week. Looks like Disney has re-branded their H2O line of products as I had not seen this style/color before (or I got a really old stash of supplies!). Also Poly now appears to be offering a few more items, including the ever-elusive foot scrub. I wonder if this is Poly-wide or just Poly CL, not sure about that?

For comparison, this was Feb 2017....
7.jpeg

And below is a pic of what I had last week....
  • Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo
  • Sea Marine Revitalizing Conditioner
  • Sea Salt Body Wash
  • Sea Salt Body Lotion
  • Softening Mint Foot Scrub
  • Solar Relief Gel
  • Two "Vanity Kits" - "A collection of beauty essentials that will ensure you look your absolute best before walking out the door, including cotton pads, cotton swabs, & a nail file"
  • Oasis Ultra Hydrating Cream - "Clinically Provide to Double Skin Moisture"
  • Sea Salt Facial Bar Soap
1.JPG

Just got back from a DCL cruise and did a AKL CL trip prior to the cruise. 3 nights. I didn't take pictures, but the CL food was amazing, at least compared to other CLs we have been to (CR and WL).

I also thought the CL CMs were friendlier than WL CL CMs and equal or better to than the CR CL CMs (sorry for too many abbreviations).

We liked AKL CL a lot.

My only minor complaints:

- We like to take food back to our room. Staying on floor 4 with the lounge on 6 made that harder.

- I wish they had alcohol out and didn't need to ask every time we wanted a drink. They were happy to provide it whenever asked, but still would be nice to be out.

- The dinner time CL food was always amazing, but I didn't like how they only made and had out 1 at a time. For our family of 4, it was annoying to have to watch them prepare the other 3 and wait for it. I understand not wanting to encourage people skipping meals in lieu of CL and also not wanting to prepare and then waste food, but there has to be a middle ground (and that isn't IMO one at a time).

But overall, it was a great trip and great CL. Friendly CMs, great food choices (desserts at tea time each day, yum!). My kids still nap and the tea time desserts were awesome for us adults. =)

Just got back from a DCL cruise and did a AKL CL trip prior to the cruise. 3 nights. I didn't take pictures, but the CL food was amazing, at least compared to other CLs we have been to (CR and WL).

I also thought the CL CMs were friendlier than WL CL CMs and equal or better to than the CR CL CMs (sorry for too many abbreviations).

We liked AKL CL a lot.

My only minor complaints:

- We like to take food back to our room. Staying on floor 4 with the lounge on 6 made that harder.

- I wish they had alcohol out and didn't need to ask every time we wanted a drink. They were happy to provide it whenever asked, but still would be nice to be out.

- The dinner time CL food was always amazing, but I didn't like how they only made and had out 1 at a time. For our family of 4, it was annoying to have to watch them prepare the other 3 and wait for it. I understand not wanting to encourage people skipping meals in lieu of CL and also not wanting to prepare and then waste food, but there has to be a middle ground (and that isn't IMO one at a time).

But overall, it was a great trip and great CL. Friendly CMs, great food choices (desserts at tea time each day, yum!). My kids still nap and the tea time desserts were awesome for us adults. =)

Wow! It does sound like you had an awesome vacation!! A Disney cruise is definitely on my bucket list....someday we'll get there!

Happy to hear that you enjoyed AKL CL!!

Update *live* from WL CL: Got here on time, awesome greeter gave us a tour, room is ready (exactly the one we requested from DSS,) and a CM just handed me a mimosa (no questions asked!) Did I also mention there's sushi on the menu for tonight?? I'm one happy fig... :daisy:

Who greeted you? Carol greeted us when we arrived 2 weeks ago. I loved her. She was also working the second day we were there and I talked to her for awhile. Unfortunately she was off for the rest of her trip so I didn't see her again. :(

Wow! It does sound like you had an awesome vacation!! A Disney cruise is definitely on my bucket list....someday we'll get there!

Do it! This was our first cruise and we loved it. The level of service is insane. I've never experienced anything close to the amazing service on DCL. We thought it might be a one off but now we have been looking at 2018 sailings...

If only they had AP discounts (our reason for so many WDW trips in CL this year). That AP "saves" (costs) us so much money! Haha

The dinner time CL food was always amazing, but I didn't like how they only made and had out 1 at a time. For our family of 4, it was annoying to have to watch them prepare the other 3 and wait for it. I understand not wanting to encourage people skipping meals in lieu of CL and also not wanting to prepare and then waste food, but there has to be a middle ground (and that isn't IMO one at a time).

Thanks for the report! Were you on the Fantasy? I caught a glimpse of the thread active right now about how it was delayed arriving yesterday due to a mechanical issue. We've never done a cruise but there are certain members of my family trying to convince me, so sometimes I glance over on the cruise threads.

Question, I'm having trouble understanding exactly what you mean above. Is it that someone is plating only one dish at a time? You walk up and ask for something and they plate it right there? Sorry if what you're saying is obvious and I'm missing something. Thanks!

Thanks for the report! Were you on the Fantasy? I caught a glimpse of the thread active right now about how it was delayed arriving yesterday due to a mechanical issue. We've never done a cruise but there are certain members of my family trying to convince me, so sometimes I glance over on the cruise threads.

Yes, the fantasy. It was a 3 night cruise. We did miss our flights but I'm hoping the DCL insurance will cover the change fees. We enjoyed the extra time on the ship.

Question, I'm having trouble understanding exactly what you mean above. Is it that someone is plating only one dish at a time? You walk up and ask for something and they plate it right there? Sorry if what you're saying is obvious and I'm missing something. Thanks!

They keep only one plated at a time. When I first saw it I asked the attendant (chef?) if that was the last one. He replied they only put out one at a time. And this was at 5:30, near the start of dinner. They did this every night. If you wanted more than one, you had to ask. And the attendant would go missing sometimes for 5-10 mins and with only 1 plates, you would have to wait for their return to get food. Was like this all three nights (14h through 16th, we checked out on the 17th). Writing it all out, it sounds insane. And it is... but they claimed that is how they do it.

Last edited:
They keep only one plated at a time. When I first saw it I asked the attendant (chef?) if that was the last one. He replied they only put out one at a time. And this was at 5:30, near the start of dinner. They did this every night. If you wanted more than one, you had to ask. And the attendant would go missing sometimes for 5-10 mins and with only 1 plates, you would have to wait for their return to get food. Was like this all three nights (14h through 16th, we checked out on the 17th). Writing it all out, it sounds insane. And it is... but they claimed that is how they do it.

Interesting. When I was there in March, they had two hot dishes each night and had plenty of both plated throughout the evening service. Maybe this change in their process is part of the recent change to have foods from all of the AKL TS restaurant each night? Even if so, it sounds like a really inconvenient and inefficient way to serve the food.

Interesting. When I was there in March, they had two hot dishes each night and had plenty of both plated throughout the evening service. Maybe this change in their process is part of the recent change to have foods from all of the AKL TS restaurant each night? Even if so, it sounds like a really inconvenient and inefficient way to serve the food.

It is totally inefficient. They did have two items each night. I have not kept up on whether it's a change from the past (sounds like it is), but they did say the food was from their restaurants.

It is totally inefficient. They did have two items each night. I have not kept up on whether it's a change from the past (sounds like it is), but they did say the food was from their restaurants.
I've always been hesitant to try AKL because it's so far from everything and the CL rooms are so far from the lounge, but the really good food reports have often tempted me to try it. I have to admit that the setup that you just experienced doesn't make me want to try it anymore. I think most of us (CL lovers) have our favorite resorts in the monorail loop or Epcot area, and if Disney wants us to try something new, they're gonna have to do better than that! I think I'll stick with my favorites! I wonder if Disney thinks they don't have to step it up because the new Pandora will draw in so many new people?

We're doing our first Disney cruise (1st ever cruise actually) in November and will have 1 night prior. We were thinking of using the opportunity to try CL. Never done this before either. Would it be worth it or a waste of money?

We're doing our first Disney cruise (1st ever cruise actually) in November and will have 1 night prior. We were thinking of using the opportunity to try CL. Never done this before either. Would it be worth it or a waste of money?

"Worth" is very subjective of course. And you might not get a totally fair sampling of opinions on this particular thread. :-) But I'd definitely consider it depending on your circumstances and what you want to "get out of" that one night. I actually think a short trip can be a good idea to test the waters with CL, that way you haven't blown the budget if you get there and decide it's not for you. Although one night is pushing it to get much 'value' in some respects.

Do you know your arrival and departure times? Just curious if you'd arrive early enough for snacks or apps and leave late enough for breakfast. That would probably sway me on a "worth it" scale.

Any idea what your "plan" is while there, or is it just a pillow for the night before the cruise? I ask because if this were me, I might be tempted to do a "big" room like Poly CL TPV or CR CL TPV - a room with a wow factor in terms of the view, a place to watch fireworks, etc. Something unique you might not otherwise do.

Did you stay past this post? Just wondering how the other evening offers were. Thanks for the info. We check-in in a little over a week!
We did! Dinner last night (Saturday) was back to Boma. I believe my dad was told that Wed./Fri. would be Sanaa, and then I'm not sure which nights are allocated to Jiko and Boma.

I wanted to add some information on alcohol and taking it to your rooms. We have stayed CL 3 at 3 different places in the last year (Thanks AP!). YC, BC and CR Atrium Club. We were always given 2 glasses/opened bottles to take back to our room whenever we asked. At arrival time in the morning, early or late afternoon, evening or when closing. Now mind you, we didn't ask for this so many times in any one day, but we had no issues at any place. Atrium Club in February was the least restrictive in terms of us pouring wine for ourselves, but you still had to ask for beer. (I'm the wine drinker, my husband is the beer drinker.)

On a night we expected to be late returning to the resort, we asked at CR if it would be possible for them to put some beer in our room, and they said they could, but only if we did not have a minor traveling with us. We travel with our 11 year old son, so I appreciated that control in place and understood it once they answered.

As for taking baggies with us and making sandwiches for later in the day with the turkey. I am so guilty of this. And for the PHM, I made sandwiches with the PB&J shooters at the Atrium Club for fuel before the 10k and the PHM. PHM weekend we also saw many people ask and be given bottles of water throughout our stay.

We are staying at the Innkeepers Club from 6/2 to 6/5 before our APs expire. I'm fairly certain we will renew......

We are staying at the Innkeepers Club from 6/2 to 6/5 before our APs expire. I'm fairly certain we will renew......

Can you please come back here and update us your trip, how you like the food, etc? We are there in August. Thanks!

"Worth" is very subjective of course. And you might not get a totally fair sampling of opinions on this particular thread. :-) But I'd definitely consider it depending on your circumstances and what you want to "get out of" that one night. I actually think a short trip can be a good idea to test the waters with CL, that way you haven't blown the budget if you get there and decide it's not for you. Although one night is pushing it to get much 'value' in some respects.

Do you know your arrival and departure times? Just curious if you'd arrive early enough for snacks or apps and leave late enough for breakfast. That would probably sway me on a "worth it" scale.

Any idea what your "plan" is while there, or is it just a pillow for the night before the cruise? I ask because if this were me, I might be tempted to do a "big" room like Poly CL TPV or CR CL TPV - a room with a wow factor in terms of the view, a place to watch fireworks, etc. Something unique you might not otherwise do.

I appreciate the advice. We'd be arriving around noon and leaving approximately 24 hours later. We would not be going to the parks or anything so looking to enjoy the benefits of whatever hotel we're at.

Budget is fluid currently as the cruise is being funded as my DDs Wish trip.

We were thinking of BWI CL as my bucket list includes staying at each Disney resort and I can't see wanting to stay there longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter