Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I'm not sure and I may be remembering wrong but I recall a cm saying the reason they don't let you have an unopened bottle of beer in akl is just in case the bottle lids fell into the savannah as it would be dangerous to the animals because of the size, they try to reduce this risk as much as possible. If they don't give you a lid they know it can't fall and the animals won't choke on them. Doesn't make much sense as you can buy unopened beer in the gift shop but there you go lol

My DH did point this out to both the CM and CL manager (very politely) but the response was that AKL was following Florida law. He also said that if we had been given unopened bottles in other CLs then in fact they had been breaking the same law!

If this is still true, this is disappointing.

By any chance, do the CM serve Dasani bottles? My wife and I like to have unopened beers in the fridge for when we need it, I was thinking maybe we could pour our beer into a bottle of water.

(This awkward moment when you start to realize that to enjoy your booze in-room at AKL, you need to have a check-list of things to include in your baggage, including glasses for the wine, a funnel…)

We didn't see any Dasani bottles - there was no bottles of water actually on display and we had to ask for this. They were very small bottles.

It always felt like a major effort was needed in order to enjoy a quiet drink in our room! Sometimes we felt like naughty children!

We didn't see any Dasani bottles - there was no bottles of water actually on display and we had to ask for this. They were very small bottles.

It always felt like a major effort was needed in order to enjoy a quiet drink in our room! Sometimes we felt like naughty children!

I see, one more item on my AKL booze list
  • glasses for in-room wine
  • resealable bottles
  • a funnel

If this is still true, this is disappointing.

By any chance, do the CM serve Dasani bottles? My wife and I like to have unopened beers in the fridge for when we need it, I was thinking maybe we could pour our beer into a bottle of water.

(This awkward moment when you start to realize that to enjoy your booze in-room at AKL, you need to have a check-list of things to include in your baggage, including glasses for the wine, a funnel…)

I've purchased rubber "beer saver" bottle caps at my local liquor store before. A quick search on Amazon shows that you can purchase them there as well. As long as they will let you take an opened bottle of beer to your room, I think these would be a great solution! Plus they are small and easy to pack!

Well, I just got a nice surprise phone call just now! DSS just call about my December trip to the Boardwalk. My ADR window opens on June 9th and they wanted to make sure I knew they were available to book what I wanted. I gave them my cc number and am going to email them my list of where we want to eat. The only place I really want is Be Our Guest for my birthday dinner.

I usually make my own reservations, but will give them a shot. They will also get our Christmas party tickets.

@disneybeautyfnp I agree with @NicoleLarson, I wouldn't do both CL and a dining plan. Heck, I wouldn't do a dining plan even if I didn't stay CL, but that's just me. Some people do stay CL with a dining plan and it works fine for them so it certainly can make sense, but for us / our style it would be way overkill.

You said you're a first time on-site guest but how's your overall WDW knowledge? If you know what you're getting into with the dining plan then maybe it's OK, but if not, I'd advise against it for a first on-site trip. Then you can better prepare/budget/understand the options for future trips to see if it makes sense.

Just one perspective, but hope that is helpful.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have learned a lot from this forum. After looking at the pictures of the CL food and discussing with the husband we decided to cancel the dining plan. That alone took over $1000 off the cost of the trip! Way ridiculous. I kept our evening ADRs as we do like to eat out for the evening. We do breakfast in the CL lounge and possibly lunch too. Maybe some snacks and quick service meals thrown in too if needed. I am so excited for this trip!

Hi guys! Just returned from WDW! Pandora was AMAZING and I LOVED the new Happy Ever After fireworks show at MK! I've got a bunch of pics and vids over on my IG: ekmurphy12 if you want to check them out! Also I am now caught up on PMs and I have the guest list updated! :D

Following you! Love the IG account and the pics!

I see, one more item on my AKL booze list
  • glasses for in-room wine
  • resealable bottles
  • a funnel

I forgot to add that once the bottle tops had been removed my DH asked for them so that he could try to put them back on the bottles. This was done without a quibble and we were allowed to take them back to our room!!

Are there any King Bed CL rooms on the Zebra trail midway near the elevators/ laundry room/pool etc? This is my favourite area and I am hoping to get a room there in November :)

This was from a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't see it actually answered. When we stayed at AKL CL a few years ago, this is exactly what we asked for and got! The king rooms have a couch instead of the second bed, and it's nice. Zebra trail is a perfect location, and being near those elevators was super convenient. One thing about these rooms are that I remember reading way back when that they're all HA rooms. So you have extra hand rails in the tub (not intrusive at all), but only a single sink instead of a double sink, and extra room about the toilet. Nothing negative whatsoever, we would make the same request again!

This was from a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't see it actually answered. When we stayed at AKL CL a few years ago, this is exactly what we asked for and got! The king rooms have a couch instead of the second bed, and it's nice. Zebra trail is a perfect location, and being near those elevators was super convenient. One thing about these rooms are that I remember reading way back when that they're all HA rooms. So you have extra hand rails in the tub (not intrusive at all), but only a single sink instead of a double sink, and extra room about the toilet. Nothing negative whatsoever, we would make the same request again!
Thank you so much! It's what I requested so here's hoping

Do you let DSS book your ADRs? I am such a control freak and would worry it might get messed up. But I'm thinking it may be a better option than doing it myself.

We will be staying at the Poly and our ADR window doesn't open until November but each day that I'm up early, I go online to do a "pretend" booking for ADRs for whatever is the current available date. Today right at 6:00am EST I checked availability for the three ADRs we will want (CRT breakfast (Akrershus as a back up), TH breakfast and 1900 PF dinner) and not one of them was available at 6:00 on the dot. We do need reservations for 10 people so I even tried smaller groups and until I got down to 2-4 - nothing except Park Fare. So now I am worried that this will be the case for our early May trip. We will be able to book 180+10 so that will help but I was hoping to get 1900 on arrival day so can't really push it to later in the trip. November dates booking now are during free dining so maybe that's why it's busier?

So how does it work if DSS books for you? Do i just give them my dates and choices in advance? How successful have people been at getting what they want with DSS? Thanks for advice.

Update *live* from WL CL: Got here on time, awesome greeter gave us a tour, room is ready (exactly the one we requested from DSS,) and a CM just handed me a mimosa (no questions asked!) Did I also mention there's sushi on the menu for tonight?? I'm one happy fig... :daisy:

Do you let DSS book your ADRs? I am such a control freak and would worry it might get messed up. But I'm thinking it may be a better option than doing it myself.

We will be staying at the Poly and our ADR window doesn't open until November but each day that I'm up early, I go online to do a "pretend" booking for ADRs for whatever is the current available date. Today right at 6:00am EST I checked availability for the three ADRs we will want (CRT breakfast (Akrershus as a back up), TH breakfast and 1900 PF dinner) and not one of them was available at 6:00 on the dot. We do need reservations for 10 people so I even tried smaller groups and until I got down to 2-4 - nothing except Park Fare. So now I am worried that this will be the case for our early May trip. We will be able to book 180+10 so that will help but I was hoping to get 1900 on arrival day so can't really push it to later in the trip. November dates booking now are during free dining so maybe that's why it's busier?

So how does it work if DSS books for you? Do i just give them my dates and choices in advance? How successful have people been at getting what they want with DSS? Thanks for advice.

My personal opinion, I'd do your own ADRs. It's not that I don't think DSS will do them correctly, it's just that I suspect the "control freak" part of you will never really be content turning the reigns over to them.

You've been putting a lot of time/effort/research into planning this trip and you have a good idea of what you want / when you want it, so I'd suggest you are the best person to make the ADRs, adjust things on the fly if you can't quite get the times you're looking for etc.

Granted, plenty of people report totally positive "they got me everything I wanted" experiences with DSS, so it can be a valid way to go. But you occasionally do seem to get a negative report around here, so with your special, large, big build-up trip... I wouldn't leave it up to them.

About your "pretend" bookings you've been doing, yes, free dining and getting close to the Thanksgiving window I suspect are totally having an impact. Free dining makes it stupid-hard to get quality ADRs, in my experience. Everybody and their brother is on at their +10 grabbing every ADR in sight. It's nuts.

My hunch is given your time of year (May) along with your +10, you'll be in a very good shape to get the ADRs you're looking for either at or very close to the times you want. Granted I don't have experience with a party as large as 10, but seemingly you'd still be OK I would think.

Good luck!

Update *live* from WL CL: Got here on time, awesome greeter gave us a tour, room is ready (exactly the one we requested from DSS,) and a CM just handed me a mimosa (no questions asked!) Did I also mention there's sushi on the menu for tonight?? I'm one happy fig... :daisy:

Is this post in real time? E.g., mimosas at 8:30AM? Yes please! :drinking1

Hope you have a great trip!

I forgot to add that once the bottle tops had been removed my DH asked for them so that he could try to put them back on the bottles. This was done without a quibble and we were allowed to take them back to our room!!

Thanks for the addition! At least it's good to know that you can take opened bottles to your room, I remember reading that a few months ago, CL would allow only plastic glasses to be taken outside the lounge!

Update about AKL CL food:

They did start the new options today, but I need to clarify what actually seems to be the case as opposed to what the desk CM told me.

In effect, they are taking recipes from Jiko and Sanaa as well as dishes from Boma, and showcasing a different restaurant nightly. Tonight, for example, we had butter chicken from Sanaa, as well as their tomato soup. Neither was prepared by staff at Sanaa; they were replicated by the CL chefs upstairs. The dishes were very good, in any case.

All other offerings appear to have remained the same in terms of sides and desserts.

Did you stay past this post? Just wondering how the other evening offers were. Thanks for the info. We check-in in a little over a week!

Surgie2, I did my own ADR's but I had DSS tweak a few. We didn't even plan to go till last month and will go in July. A couple of weeks ago we decided to try BOG for dinner but only ADR I could find at 9:15. I made it, then emailed DSS to see if they could help find an earlier time. They got back to me fast with exactly the time I wanted. Same with an ADR I had for homecomin. Originally I had the perfect time but for only the 5 of us. Local friends want to join, making us 8. No luck myself but DSS made it happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter