Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi all -- we just booked our first two Club Level stays for 2020, so excited! We'll stay at the GDT for about a week at the end of March, and YC for a long weekend in November (I'm running the Wine & Dine half marathon).

One newbie question, sorry if I missed this -- but is 7pm usually a hard stop for hors d'oeuvrs and other savory snacks? As in mostly just desserts and drinks after? Our current park plans often have us getting back just before 7, and I'm more of a savory person myself ...

Thanks!

Hi all -- we just booked our first two Club Level stays for 2020, so excited! We'll stay at the GDT for about a week at the end of March, and YC for a long weekend in November (I'm running the Wine & Dine half marathon).

One newbie question, sorry if I missed this -- but is 7pm usually a hard stop for hors d'oeuvrs and other savory snacks? As in mostly just desserts and drinks after? Our current park plans often have us getting back just before 7, and I'm more of a savory person myself ...

Thanks!
It has been in my limited experience. If you want apps absolutely get there no later than 6:45pm imho.

Thanks!

Fun! I stayed at YC for the Princess Half this year. At the time they left bagels, peanut butter, and bananas out overnight which were a welcome snack at 3am to fuel up!

My experience is that all CLs will start to pack up evening apps right at 7pm or shortly thereafter. A time or two I've seen things run out pre-7pm, but I wouldn't say that has been all that common. I've had more times where CMs are begging you to take things at the end vs running out or packing up early.

Dessert service starts at 8pm.

If you do want to partake in evening apps, I agree you should probably target being there 6:40-6:45'ish at the latest and get everything you want then.

Enjoy your first CL stays!

We ran into this issue last week coming back from Epcot. Skidded into the lounge at 6:55, and they were just starting to put stuff away, but we still got plenty of food. There was a family that was also running late, and they contacted the CL CMs to ask them to put some food aside (which they did). I thought that was really nice of the CMs.

I am a savory person, too, and very much dislike sweets, so I can speak to this! I agree with others who have said it really is pretty much over by 7.

We were there last week (Wed-Sunday). I didn't take any photos, but I remember many of the food items.

Breakfast: always cereal & milk, oatmeal with toppings, little mason jars of yogurt (plain and strawberry) with granola, hard boiled eggs with what I think was a feta cheese topping, various deli meats, smoked salmon, pastries, bagels/toast (and cream cheese), and fruit.

Midday: MYO snack mix (varied, with some combination of gummy bears, M&Ms, swedish fish, goldfish, banana chips and almonds), homemade potato chips with dip, crudite (I'm almost certain; I was focused on the chips), flatbread/breadsticks, and cookies.

Apps: always included soup (alternated between tomato bisque and NE clam chowder), cheese (the offerings here were odd -- sticks of what looked like four cheeses all joined together and cubes of a white cheese that was, maybe, asiago? I couldn't identify it. The point is, not cheddar, swiss, etc.), deli meats, rolls & butter, PB&J, a tiny single-bite plate, a cold salad, a hot chafing dish item and a kid item (alternated between chicken nuggets and mac&cheese). IIRC, the specific items were:

Wed: Pork loin with polenta (chafing dish), seared tuna, I think (tiny plate), greek salad.
Thurs: Asparagus with lemon mascarpone (tiny plate), beef stir-fry (chafing dish), can't remember the salad.
Friday: crab salad (tiny plate), flank steak with masa (chafing dish), black bean and avocado salad
Saturday: Beet salad with goat cheese (tiny plate), salmon (chafing dish), farro salad. Sorry I can't remember more, we didn't eat apps that day b/c we had a dinner ADR.

Dessert: There was always a shot glass full of something layered and creamy, a layered cake-type offering, cookies, and a few pastry-type items. I can't remember what was out which night, but there were macarons on two nights, key lime bites, cookies & cream rice krispie treats, a boston cream cake (2 nights), rocky road bars. I do remember that Saturday night seemed like leftover night, with most (all?) of the offerings re-appearances of items we'd had earlier in the week (not stale or anything, just not new to us).

There was coffee and tea out pretty much all day (both the nespresso and carafes of regular coffee in the morning, at least, then nespresso for the rest of the day), plus sodas, club soda, tonic water and chocolate milk in the cooler. In the evenings, there were red and white wines, a sparkling wine, beers and hard cider. With dessert were cordials. The first few days, we asked for cups of milk to go with dessert, but by Friday they were stocking cartons in the fridge. Mornings had OJ and water in dispensers. The water stayed out all day, but OJ was replaced by iced tea by midday.

Overall, we were pleased with the food offerings. The tiny plate apps and the shot glass desserts were (in my opinion) the best things offered. Each day, they were really delicious. Not that the rest of the food wasn't good, just that we really enjoyed those items specifically. I don't even like crab, but that crab salad was amazing. And I'm still kind of dreaming of the chocolate hazelnut shooter we had our first night...

Thanks so much for your detailed post, I appreciate you taking the time to list everything! We've never stayed at the CR but it's been on my list, so I'm really looking forward to trying the resort itself, as well as CL there. Hope you had a great stay :).

Thanks!

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy both CL stays :wizard:.

Thanks so much for your detailed post, I appreciate you taking the time to list everything! We've never stayed at the CR but it's been on my list, so I'm really looking forward to trying the resort itself, as well as CL there. Hope you had a great stay :).

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy both CL stays :wizard:.
Thank you so much, mickeynut1!

When we book CL, I always make park plans around the 5-7 cocktail hour. If we plan on doing a lot of dinners (not our usual style the last few trips) I book non-CL and save the money.

From what I read this morning it looks like the last couple years Deluxe Resorts have been decorated the week of Thanksgiving. Is that when we should expect them to start this year? I’m wondering with Thanksgiving late this year if they might decorate before then...

We loved Francisco!!!! My DS was so upset when we stayed SL this last trip!! He always made him ‘special’ chocolate milk drinks! I’ll have to send you a picture! Have a great time!!!
Made for Lys bday at age 18 ! Yep it’s fun with him !

From what I read this morning it looks like the last couple years Deluxe Resorts have been decorated the week of Thanksgiving. Is that when we should expect them to start this year? I’m wondering with Thanksgiving late this year if they might decorate before then...
Anything is possible but not likely. They have a set up in place to finish the weekend before Thanksgiving. So by next weekend they should have all the resorts done. One per night, order determined by lottery. This doesn't include gingerbread displays at the various resorts, just the resort decorations and trees.

Anything is possible but not likely. They have a set up in place to finish the weekend before Thanksgiving. So by next weekend they should have all the resorts done. One per night, order determined by lottery. This doesn't include gingerbread displays at the various resorts, just the resort decorations and trees.

Actually, they can go as late as the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. That is their drop dead date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter