Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Looking for input from those that have stayed CR CL - is there anything to consider for a room request? We are bay view. The only thing I could think of is maybe being away from the lounge because of the foot traffic in and out of the lounge?

Looking for input from those that have stayed CR CL - is there anything to consider for a room request? We are bay view. The only thing I could think of is maybe being away from the lounge because of the foot traffic in and out of the lounge?

In the camp of keeping things simple, I personally don't think CR room requests matter all that much. The 12th floor is relatively compact so nothing is really too close or too far from the lounge. I could easily stay there and arrive with having submitted no requests and not think twice about it.

That being said, in a perfect world I prefer to not be over the Chef Mickey's side of the building. This is overall relatively minor and nit-picky, but during prime meal times the noise of the eating/clanking/singing/restaurant chatter tends to drift right up and can at times be heard in your room. If a CM drops a stack of plates or silverware setting up at 6am - you're going to hear it.

In the past for a Bay Lake view room I've submitted: "Prefer a room on the north end of the building, example rooms 4815-4824". But like I said, that's not something I'd be overly disappointed if I didn't get it.

Just my two cents, but hope it helps.

Hi everyone,

I leave in 3 days!!!!! 2 years in the making....So excited. A couple questions I'm hoping you can answer or direct me.

We are staying at AKL CL. Is there a particular set of room numbers I should request for the best views of the Savanna?

Did you mostly use the buses or Uber? (First time staying here)

Did you use a car service or Uber from airport?

Thank you so much! This information will help me complete my spreadsheet. LOL

I took an Lyft from MCO to CSR (which is close) just a month or so ago and it was $41.67. Worth it to me. I’ll be coming back to CSR CL this weekend, so it’s the same travel for me and hopefully the same price. 😁

Hi everyone,

I leave in 3 days!!!!! 2 years in the making....So excited. A couple questions I'm hoping you can answer or direct me.

1. We are staying at AKL CL. Is there a particular set of room numbers I should request for the best views of the Savanna?

1. We didn't request any special room, but I tend to ask to be near the lobby, so the walk is a little shorter. I think all the CL rooms have a good view, but I can't say 100%.
2+ 3. We usually rent a car. IMO time = $, so I don't tend to use buses at WDW anymore. We do use boats/monorail/walk, but otherwise tend to drive. If we didn't have a car, I'd take the bus to AK and probably MK, especially if timing isn't critical. If time is tight though, like for rope drop or the wait for the bus is long (park closing), then paying is worthwhile.

Oh, it is also worth paying anytime you'd need to take 2 buses. If you have dinner booked at a resort and want to go from AK to that other resort- paying for transportation is worthwhile. Not essential, but worthwhile.

Hi everyone,

We are staying at AKL CL. Is there a particular set of room numbers I should request for the best views of the Savanna?

If you can remember, and have any time, would you please take a picture of the Recreation calendar for me please? I’d truly appreciate it!! (Disregard!!) lol

Also, if anyone will be at Yacht or Beach Club, can you please take a picture of that Recreation calendar as well?

Thanks so much!!!!

Last edited:
Whoot! Snagged a disney + discount on an rpc room in august, deluxe king all that was available, thinking ahead for halloween stuff. Any opinions on what to request? I hear mixed reviews on those rooms.

If you can remember, and have any time, would you please take a picture of the Recreation calendar for me please? I’d truly appreciate it!!

Also, if anyone will be at Yacht or Beach Club, can you please take a picture of that Recreation calendar as well?

Thanks so much!!!!
Definitely!!

What is a Disney + discount?
They just announced up to 25% room discount on stays July-Sept for Disney+ subscribers!! It’s in the discounts thread. You need to be using the same email address for your disneyworld.com and disney+ subscription (I had to get mine adjusted this morning), and it should automatically link in MDE. As long as MDE recognizes you as a subscriber, the discount will pop up when you search or look to change an existing res.

They just announced up to 25% room discount on stays July-Sept for Disney+ subscribers!! It’s in the discounts thread. You need to be using the same email address for your disneyworld.com and disney+ subscription (I had to get mine adjusted this morning), and it should automatically link in MDE. As long as MDE recognizes you as a subscriber, the discount will pop up when you search or look to change an existing res.
Very cool, we have Disney +, won't be traveling at that time, but good to know to keep an eye out for the future!

Hi everyone,

AKL CL rooms can be either on the Kudu Trail or Zebra Trail. Personally I give the slight nod to the Zebra Trail as it’s closer to the elevator to go up to the lounge, Victoria Falls, Mara, and the Pool. Not that Kudu Trail is all that far from any of that, but Zebra is slightly more convenient (IMO). In the past I’ve limited the request to just the trail, although something like “XYZ Trail, close to the lobby” could work if you’re looking to minimize walking times to the lounge or lobby. I don’t necessarily mind being a little further ‘out’ on the trails as you can arguably get marginally better views, but that can really vary and isn’t an absolute statement.

I haven’t stayed at AKL in awhile (Feb 2020 I think), but I’ve never really found the buses all that bad in the past. You can have bad bus experiences anywhere and AKL is no different. Not specific to AKL, but I tend to bounce around Disney transportation or rideshare depending on mood, timing, availability. I’ve been known to order a rideshare while at the bus station if I’m not liking what I’m seeing.

We’ve been renting cars more often lately, but used Uber from MCO to CR last month. Easy peasy. Granted it’s definitely not the cheapest option, but I admit I’m an Uber Black SUV snob - makes for a nicer ride with usually a professional driver, plenty of room for luggage, etc. Of course other Uber types can be materially cheaper.

Enjoy your trip!

If we are a family of 4 booked into a 1 bedroom suite at CR and decided to bring another adult to help with the kids, are we able to book them into their own standard room at CR but also add them to the suite (since we are still below the 6 adult capacity) so that they can take the kids to the tower lounge? I don’t mind paying a fee, I just want to make sure that everyone has their own space but also that we aren’t breaking any rules by having them with us in the lounge.

AKL CL rooms can be either on the Kudu Trail or Zebra Trail. Personally I give the slight nod to the Zebra Trail as it’s closer to the elevator to go up to the lounge, Victoria Falls, Mara, and the Pool. Not that Kudu Trail is all that far from any of that, but Zebra is slightly more convenient (IMO). In the past I’ve limited the request to just the trail, although something like “XYZ Trail, close to the lobby” could work if you’re looking to minimize walking times to the lounge or lobby. I don’t necessarily mind being a little further ‘out’ on the trails as you can arguably get marginally better views, but that can really vary and isn’t an absolute statement.

I haven’t stayed at AKL in awhile (Feb 2020 I think), but I’ve never really found the buses all that bad in the past. You can have bad bus experiences anywhere and AKL is no different. Not specific to AKL, but I tend to bounce around Disney transportation or rideshare depending on mood, timing, availability. I’ve been known to order a rideshare while at the bus station if I’m not liking what I’m seeing.

We’ve been renting cars more often lately, but used Uber from MCO to CR last month. Easy peasy. Granted it’s definitely not the cheapest option, but I admit I’m an Uber Black SUV snob - makes for a nicer ride with usually a professional driver, plenty of room for luggage, etc. Of course other Uber types can be materially cheaper.

Enjoy your trip!
Okay great! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter