Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I saw elsewhere that Contempo Grounds is back open, but havent noticed any info on that in this thread (easily could have missed)....just want to check. normal 7 days a week 6am -1ish hours? Thanks

Website shows it's still closed, but that could be wrong.

Yeah and I havent seen mention of it here thus far so that's why I'm poking.

However this site claims its open just hoping to get confirmation....my family's morning coffee / latte / mocha addiction is important people!! ;)

However this site claims its open just hoping to get confirmation....my family's morning coffee / latte / mocha addiction is important people!! ;)
Whatever you linked doesn't work. It was probably a blocked site.
I'm interested to know this as well, because I'm definitely a morning latte person.

Ah, found it.
Normally I take everything that site says with a grain of salt as they're not typically very reliable.
But, the photos kinda make me think this is legit. There's clearly post Covid precautions in place and signage that implies it's a reopening.
Outer Rim recently reopened (on weekends at least) also, so it kinda falls in line with that.

We saw it open yesterday at 7;30am. We took mono to Cr from gf and walked in because the mono won’t stop at MK prior to 30 mins before park opening.

What am i losing by going to the CG lounge instead of the full dining experience?

Like the PP asked, we're also looking for everything to do or not do. We were upgraded to the CR, and it's likely the only time i'll ever stay there.

What am i losing by going to the CG lounge instead of the full dining experience?

Like the PP asked, we're also looking for everything to do or not do. We were upgraded to the CR, and it's likely the only time i'll ever stay there.
The lounge is first come, first serve, no ADRs. You may not get up there.

Well, I guess I'm a convert. When I booked BLT I thought we'd regret that the hotel was kind of old and odd looking, but I LOVED walking over to MK. I LOVED the pools (all of them). I loved the murals in Contemporary! Loved the Fantasia paintings along the shop. I think this is now my second favorite resort after Animal Kingdom.

"Almost 1 month until my first trip to Bay Lake Tower! I’m STOKED! Anything I should/shouldn’t do???"

Bumping this post above.

We moved from Wilderness Lodge (originally booked on a bounce back) to Contemporary, garden wing, last week. Changed our dates from December '20 to first week of November '20. We haven't stayed at CR, so this will be brand spanking new for us! Two days at MK and one at Epcot so we thought that this was the way to go. Any advice for new CR guests would be phenominal.

CR and blt new guests:

Go on the the 4th floor concourse. I know there are not fireworks but the view is unique and only takes a minute.

Go out to the beach and check out view of WL form there and bay lake, walk out to edge of boat dock too.

If blt try both resorts pools.

CR people often don’t go to the bullseye pool. It’s quieter and deeper and def my fav. Although I enjoy the fountains in the big pool so I will hop back and forth.

You can use the elevator so at CR go up to 11 and look down to the lobby, cool huh?
Blt has those great windows so go up and check out how nice that is.

Blt has lots of windows so I like to walk the whole hall once each trip just to see the views. Sunrise and sunset good but a storm or sunny day also nice to see.

The treats are back in Bay view gifts. I got a candy corn cupcake. They had several cookies, cupcakes and treats for purchase . Oh even apples were back.

I often stay on the mono and enjoy visiting the other resorts too. It’s easy to hop off the mono and eat, shop or stroll then hop back on. Always a must do!

The boat from MK to gf is open and you can use that . It’s a lovely ride.

I think ordering cupcakes on the mobile order has been my go to this year lol. I have been ordering as the bus pulls up and it’s ready as I get there. So easy! I also take bus to a different mono resort when leaving a,park. I grab my treat then walk or mono to my resort. It just makes it feel like you getting your $ worth staying at 3 resorts not just one.

You can use the elevator so at CR go up to 11 and look down to the lobby, cool huh?
Blt has those great windows so go up and check out how nice that is.
One small addition to your very creative list of must do's.

If you hit the 11th floor to view the Atrium lobby consider walking out the North west Fire doors near room 4748 to view the MK at altitude. High above the 4th floor viewing area.

Note: You might walk up to the roof for a more expansive view on the same stairway.

Dave

One small addition to your very creative list of must do's.

If you hit the 11th floor to view the Atrium lobby consider walking out the North west Fire doors near room 4748 to view the MK at altitude. High above the 4th floor viewing area.

Note: You might walk up to the roof for a more expansive view on the same stairway.

Dave
Lol I cheat and usually book 11/12 th floor room on that end. Last 2 stays I have gotten it :)

At GF last weekend I went out stairs at the end of Big Pine Key building and checked out the views. At poly and gf I do that. It’s so neat to see the different views . I was afraid I’d get locked out at CR. I thought I read that you couldn’t use the stairwells so I haven’t tried there.

Lol I cheat and usually book 11/12 th floor room on that end. Last 2 stays I have gotten it :)

At GF last weekend I went out stairs at the end of Big Pine Key building and checked out the views. At poly and gf I do that. It’s so neat to see the different views . I was afraid I’d get locked out at CR. I thought I read that you couldn’t use the stairwells so I haven’t tried there.

Last year when I stayed at CR, you couldn't get back into the hallways from the outside stairs, although someone )(I'm guessing another guest) on the 5th floor propped the door open to bypass that.

The outside stairs have been open since the CR reopened in July. Worst case you can walk down to the 4th floor at the observation deck and reenter the Grand Concourse. Or you could post a look out at the 11th floor door and perform your own quick check.

They are trying to use the stairs as an alternative to long waits for the elevators during rush periods.

Dave

Any idea how much the cabanas cost?

It’s hard to keep track of as the pricing changes seasonally (and the seasons themselves are hard to keep track of), so best bet is to call. But FWIW, my cabana in July was $198 although I think that included an AP discount and a prorated hour since it took awhile to set up the cabana (I rented it day of, so it wasn’t set up prior to arrival and I think they may have tinkered with what they charged me).

If you do call, would love to hear what they say for price. The more reports we have the easier it is to keep up with the latest info. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter