Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Labor Day weekend the feature pool hours across property moved to 10am-10pm, and based on reports around the boards I believe these are still accurate (although I always caveat things can always change and we may have just not had a latest report yet). The leisure pool (“Bullseye Pool”) standard hours are 7am-11pm, which has continued to be the case since reopening.

Hope that helps.
Thank you so much!!!!!!

For those who have stayed in a garden wing - garden view room, do you have a favorite room or location? I know I want ground floor and was thinking of requesting as close to lobby as possible. It looks like there are some beautiful views though from those rooms facing the bay but I have heard they are far walk from lobby. Any room recommendations?

Just noticed they are listing Outer Rim as open now on Disney’s website. Anyone there now can confirm it’s opening today?

added: noticed on the Disney site that they added hours, but it seems to just be open Fridays and weekends right now.

Last edited:

For those who have stayed in a garden wing - garden view room, do you have a favorite room or location? I know I want ground floor and was thinking of requesting as close to lobby as possible. It looks like there are some beautiful views though from those rooms facing the bay but I have heard they are far walk from lobby. Any room recommendations?
I would stick with ground floor as main request. It would be nice to have that space. Also many of the rooms closest to the lobby are actually the hospitality suites. I had 3 doors for one room!!! LOL I kept using them all. They are the first ones in that wing.

I don't know compared to values and mods I don't consider the gw to be that "far" from the lobby etc.

In August I posted some p;x of the grounds at the GW. It was a short walk from the pool. Great if you plan of swimming or using the hottub.

I would stick with ground floor as main request. It would be nice to have that space. Also many of the rooms closest to the lobby are actually the hospitality suites. I had 3 doors for one room!!! LOL I kept using them all. They are the first ones in that wing.

I don't know compared to values and mods I don't consider the gw to be that "far" from the lobby etc.

In August I posted some p;x of the grounds at the GW. It was a short walk from the pool. Great if you plan of swimming or using the hottub.
Yes ground floor will be my main request. I was going to use Touring Plans room request and use room 5106 as the example of area I would like. Those bay views look beautiful though.

just noticed that the California grill menu changed a bit for for new season. We were planning on trying to get an adr in December but now we really don’t like too much on the menu. 😕
Think it’ll change again by late December?

Hi there! I've done some searching, but am still not sure if I have a true and correct answer...
We've moved our Wilderness Lodge December trip to Contemporary, Garden Wing, in November. Are the garden wing - standard view rooms DVC? Thanks in advance!

Hi there! I've done some searching, but am still not sure if I have a true and correct answer...
We've moved our Wilderness Lodge December trip to Contemporary, Garden Wing, in November. Are the garden wing - standard view rooms DVC? Thanks in advance!

No, the Garden Wing is just regular resort rooms.

All DVC rooms are at BLT.

Just noticed they are listing Outer Rim as open now on Disney’s website. Anyone there now can confirm it’s opening today?

added: noticed on the Disney site that they added hours, but it seems to just be open Fridays and weekends right now.
Definitely open. There were people there last night, not sure about today.

My daughter booked Garden Wing, Garden View for a trip this weekend and was offered an upgrade to Tower for $55/night. She was upgraded to TPV!

$134 more per night would not be worth it to me, but I've stayed at the CR several times over the years. If it's your first trip there and it's in the budget, I'd say go for it. If you're going soon, you might consider taking the gamble and booking Garden Wing and hoping for an upgrade, whether complimentary or paid.
Thanks for this info! We booked Garden Wing and waited to see if we could upgrade. We did, also to a theme park view in the tower for $55. The front desk said they were running a special right now. Yay!

Looks like Kona at Poly and The Wave at CR are about to join Sanaa at AKL with offering To Go orders. It’s not live in the app yet, but presumably it’s coming sometime soon.

View attachment 529770View attachment 529771

Wow, thanks, that's really good news! We're going to try to continue doing take-out/ balcony / patio dining for our next visit in November, but The Wave was the one place we ate indoors during our last visit. Everything was well-spaced and the room is large, and so that was justification for having three meals (including Bacon&Eggs x3) indoors during our last trip. Really looking forward to having somewhere other than quick service to grab for breakfast next time.

We ordered Sanaa's bread service on our last trip and brought it back for the balcony. It lasted forever and it was very easy to order then 20 minutes or so later show up to grab-n-go with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter