Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I rope drop and then after lunch I go back to the hotel and nap.. then I park hop to the park where I am having dinner.
This is what we always do. Though sometimes we will grab lunch back at the resort and do dinner there as well, then just hop to wherever to close out a park.

It’s so funny, I always say the ONLY time I’m a morning person is at Disney. My partner is the same way. I’m a night owl and work hybrid, getting up at 6 am hating the entire world is my default on office days. But at Disney we are chipper princesses before the sun is even up 🤣 those midday siestas are key for us though, which is why I think the quiet of the garden wing will be better for us.
I love the garden wings. When we were young kids, we always stayed at the CR (had to have 2 connecting rooms because there were 4 kids in our family). First time we stayed in the tower and my mother did not like it - at all. For her, it was too noisy and it was always a wait for an elevator - from what she said. I think she didn't like heights and the corridors overlooking the concourse worried her. I had (still have) two very daredevil brothers so I'm sure she worried about them going over the edge... So, after that first trip she always booked the wings, back when there were 2, we usually requested the wing where BLT is now. Now I too, prefer the wing. It's been a few years since we've stayed at the CR, but we had a great room and location the last time. Plenty of space and quiet, it was the first floor so we had a patio that overlooked the water. It was great. Not a long walk at all to the main building. I am not a fan of the change to the Incredibles theming, so probably would not stay there again any time soon. But I still love the nostalgia of the CR!

I am not a fan of the change to the Incredibles theming, so probably would not stay there again any time soon.
Me either tbh...my logic is we wouldn’t be there as long and so even if it was too cheesy the walking path makes up for it. Unfortunately we had some unexpected expenses come up today and we have to shift our whole trip forward to September. I swear our luck the last few years has been horrible. But we did see more availability for our new dates so we are switching to the GF because it’s a fave of mine and we are much more excited over those new rooms. Looks like the CR will still have to wait...

Me either tbh...my logic is we wouldn’t be there as long and so even if it was too cheesy the walking path makes up for it. Unfortunately we had some unexpected expenses come up today and we have to shift our whole trip forward to September. I swear our luck the last few years has been horrible. But we did see more availability for our new dates so we are switching to the GF because it’s a fave of mine and we are much more excited over those new rooms. Looks like the CR will still have to wait...
Oh no! Sorry you had to change, hope things all work out for you. We’ll be there in September, too - a first ever split stay. 5N at Poly & 5N at WL (my current favorite). But at least you could reschedule and now you’ll be at the Grand! Wasn’t a fan of the what I called “the upscale assisted living facility” decor at the GF before. However the rooms are beautiful now with the updates. Almost booked it for part of my upcoming stay, but the Poly won out. Excited for September!!!

I have a dumb question concerning the monorail. Does it run in both directions? I remember it running from Contemporary -> TTC -> Poly -> GF -> MK. I don't remember it going the other direction. I actually thought that one track was just resorts and the other was resorts and TTC?
I don't want to take the monorail to MK if I have to go all the way around. It will be quicker to walk from the hotel.
I haven't ridden the resorts monorail in about 15 years. I can't even remember the last time I rode the Epcot line.

I have a dumb question concerning the monorail. Does it run in both directions? I remember it running from Contemporary -> TTC -> Poly -> GF -> MK. I don't remember it going the other direction. I actually thought that one track was just resorts and the other was resorts and TTC?
I don't want to take the monorail to MK if I have to go all the way around. It will be quicker to walk from the hotel.
I haven't ridden the resorts monorail in about 15 years. I can't even remember the last time I rode the Epcot line.
It does not run in both directions. There are 2 tracks ... an express from TTC to MK and MK to TTC and the resort line which stops at every resort on the loop and the TTC. So if you are trying to get to the GF from MK, you just have to put up with all the stops. :-)

The resort monorail does go in the direction you mention above!

I actually thought that one track was just resorts and the other was resorts and TTC?
The other track you thinking of goes from TTC directly to MK, they call it the Express monorail. The resorts loop goes clockwise, to all the stops you mentioned. The Express monorail goes counter clock wise just between TTC & MK. From Contemporary, we usually walk to MK & monorail back.

The other track you thinking of goes from TTC directly to MK, they call it the Express monorail. The resorts loop goes clockwise, to all the stops you mentioned. The Express monorail goes counter clock wise just between TTC & MK. From Contemporary, we usually walk to MK & monorail back.
Thanks! I thought the main mono only went one way. I'll just use the monorail when going to Epcot :)

It does not run in both directions. There are 2 tracks ... an express from TTC to MK and MK to TTC and the resort line which stops at every resort on the loop and the TTC. So if you are trying to get to the GF from MK, you just have to put up with all the stops. :-)
When going home to the GF after a long day in the park, I actually don't mind a long sit from MK to GF. However, staying at the Contemporary, I am too full of energy in the morning to sit still for the long trip from the Contemporary to MK :yo-yo:

Just booked a garden view room for our upcoming trip! We're renting a car from the airport. We're planning to drop our car at the CR and walk to MK. Our reservation does not start until 3pm that day, will be allowed to park in the morning or should we park in the MK parking lot?

Just booked a garden view room for our upcoming trip! We're renting a car from the airport. We're planning to drop our car at the CR and walk to MK. Our reservation does not start until 3pm that day, will be allowed to park in the morning or should we park in the MK parking lot?
Do you mean the reservation for your hotel check-in?
If so, you can park in the CR lot. You have full use of hotel amenities including parking on your check in day even before your room is ready to be occupied.

Do you mean the reservation for your hotel check-in?
If so, you can park in the CR lot. You have full use of hotel amenities including parking on your check in day even before your room is ready to be occupied.
Yes, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Our resort check-in begins at 3.
Thank you for the information!

I searched this thread and the last post I saw about my question was from 2022. I don't know if the answer has changed but I'll ask again. I will be needing to bring insulin with me, does the room have mini-fridges so Ic an store it?

I searched this thread and the last post I saw about my question was from 2022. I don't know if the answer has changed but I'll ask again. I will be needing to bring insulin with me, does the room have mini-fridges so Ic an store it?
Since the refurb all the rooms now have “beverage coolers.” It is my understanding that they don’t get as cold as regular fridges. There is a little sticker on them they says exactly what they get down to, but I forget the exact number. I suspect it might not be cold enough for medicine and insulin. These beverage coolers seem to be the trend at Disney. I would call guest services or something and see what can be done for medical needs.

Does anyone have current info for the cabanas? I know there are at least two at the bullseye pool but are there any at the main pool? Looking for price, hours, included amenities and services?

Does anyone have current info for the cabanas? I know there are at least two at the bullseye pool but are there any at the main pool? Looking for price, hours, included amenities and services?
I rented one at the bullseye in September because the ones at the main pool were gone already so yes, they do exist.

I can't remember the hours exactly but I think it was 10am check-in until 5 or 6pm maybe? I went to MNSSHP so we cut out early to get ready.

Here is the website with info about amenities. It's spot on with a tv, sodas, water, chips, fruit plate, dessert plate. Nice chairs and towels. Best part was the server cause we had some lovely drinks and lunch! They can confirm hours with you if you call.

Cost was $318 on Labor Day.

10/10 recommend - not having sunburn was the best decision ever.

Attachments

• 71553089376__7DFF7300-AD6E-48D9-A989-DA1E8A5F5B9B Large.jpeg
    71553089376__7DFF7300-AD6E-48D9-A989-DA1E8A5F5B9B Large.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 71553090760__28B6DD5C-2C78-4CAC-8952-BDBF7853587E Large.jpeg
    71553090760__28B6DD5C-2C78-4CAC-8952-BDBF7853587E Large.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 9
Yes there are a few at the regular feature pool. Sorry I don’t have any more information about them though. I’m sure someone else will help out.

I rented one at the bullseye in September because the ones at the main pool were gone already so yes, they do exist.

I can't remember the hours exactly but I think it was 10am check-in until 5 or 6pm maybe? I went to MNSSHP so we cut out early to get ready.

Here is the website with info about amenities. It's spot on with a tv, sodas, water, chips, fruit plate, dessert plate. Nice chairs and towels. Best part was the server cause we had some lovely drinks and lunch! They can confirm hours with you if you call.

Cost was $318 on Labor Day.

10/10 recommend - not having sunburn was the best decision ever.
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for! It sounds lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter