Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the benefit of everyone reading you need to qualify this with the fact that your walking pace is much slower than normal.

In 15 minutes I could walk from the parking lot side of Cabanas 9A down to Ranchos 6 and around the far side of the lagoon past all the Casitas buildings to the Lobby.

For those interested, here is the video of the person walking from Ranchos 6A (the farthest point away from the lobby at CSR) to the lobby. It's just under 7 mins and with the location of the temporary bridge it might even be shorter now. This building is much farther from the lobby than 9A.

Do you have a video from Cabanas 9A or 9B from the Main area using the Temporary Bridge? If No I don't understand using getting to and from other buildings then the one I am referencing as a point of reference to where I stayed. Additionally Maybe I walk at a normal pace and you walk too fast. I also am not understanding why this it is so important to you to discredit me but it's fine. Sorry I bothered to reply on my recent experience. Good luck.

Hi @Mika02 - I doubt @saskdw is trying to "discredit" you, we simply want to make sure accurate information is being shared. Walking distances at resorts is one of those topics that gets greatly exaggerated ("don't stay at Resort X, it was a twenty minute to anywhere!"). I'm sorry to hear that you experienced such a long walk (either because of your walking pace or the route you took)...an average walk from 9A to El Centro should not take longer than 7-10 minutes.

@Jeff Bruch - unlikely based on the current pace and number of buildings remaining

Hi all!
My husband and I are staying at Coronado Springs right now - we're on day 15 of our Disneymoon and did a little walk around the resort to take a peek at the construction!
The below link has some pictures - of re-imagined rooms (starting with Casitas 3) and a new exterior paint job (more neutral tones!)

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/3L51A

We have really enjoyed our stay here! There has been some minimal construction noise as we are in casitas 4 and the repainting has been happening in casitas 3, but again it's minimal compared to the construction of the new tower across the way!

Can anyone tell me if any of the rooms contain down bedding? My in laws are staying at CSR in December. My mother in law is very allergic and it's a migraine trigger for her. Thanks for any info.

Hi @Mika02 - I doubt @saskdw is trying to "discredit" you, we simply want to make sure accurate information is being shared. Walking distances at resorts is one of those topics that gets greatly exaggerated ("don't stay at Resort X, it was a twenty minute to anywhere!"). I'm sorry to hear that you experienced such a long walk (either because of your walking pace or the route you took)...an average walk from 9A to El Centro should not take longer than 7-10 minutes.

@Jeff Bruch - unlikely based on the current pace and number of buildings remaining

upload_2017-9-30_7-43-32.png

This is without the temporary bridge. However, the temporary bridge would actually make the walk shorter. But let's assume it would increase this distance to 0.5 miles.

0.5 miles over 15 minutes would be 2 miles per hour. Is this a reasonable speed? I think it is. Average human walking speed is about 3 miles per hour. Therefore, I think this is feasible walking time at a very slow pace.

I have visited multiple times over the last 3 years and I run every inch of the resort when I am there. I also have stayed in 9A and walked to Pepper Market via dig site bridge (old one). Based on my experiences, I think that 15 minutes is way too long for that. If I would estimate, I would say that it would take me 7 minutes max. But, people walk at different speeds, so I do think that it is possible.

The underlying statement is that the resort is very large. Nobody would argue with that. I do think that Coronado does a much better job at managing its size when compared to the other large Disney resorts. If the OP wants a shorter walk to the main area, then a smaller resort would probably be better.

Can anyone tell me if any of the rooms contain down bedding? My in laws are staying at CSR in December. My mother in law is very allergic and it's a migraine trigger for her. Thanks for any info.
I'm pretty sure all the comforters and pillows are now synthetic, but I would double check at check in or with housekeeping just to be 100% sure. I always ask about pillows because my husband is allergic to certain kinds.

Hi. I just booked a last minute trip(we were waiting for the medical ok for hubby) I was actually hoping for POFQ or POR...I love the boat to Disney springs. However I am here and haven't had a chance to read every thing. Our trip is Oct 29-Nov 8. We have a standard room. Hubby is unable to do stairs so we will need a ground floor? or are there elevators?. Can delivery companies such a Dizzy Dolphin or Garden Grocer deliver? and is there a cost at the resort of that?

Hi. I just booked a last minute trip(we were waiting for the medical ok for hubby) I was actually hoping for POFQ or POR...I love the boat to Disney springs. However I am here and haven't had a chance to read every thing. Our trip is Oct 29-Nov 8. We have a standard room. Hubby is unable to do stairs so we will need a ground floor? or are there elevators?. Can delivery companies such a Dizzy Dolphin or Garden Grocer deliver? and is there a cost at the resort of that?

There should be elevators in the buildings, but certainly make a request (call if you have to) for a first floor room. If you get there and you are not assigned a first floor room, go to the front desk and ask if you can be moved for medical reasons.

Companies can deliver and I believe you don't have to pay a resort feee.

Joining the thread as we were able to book a stay at CSR for March with the new discount! Wanted POR but we were able to stay an extra night and still keep it cheaper at CSR. SO! I know nothing about this place XD Going to start skimming back through the 300+ pages. We've only ever stayed on property one other time before which was at AKL so I'm looking forward to experience something new :)

I have read that you can have your mugs filled at the main pool area. do they have coffee? and what time do they open? Also can you send in a room request by fax(link in POR) if so what is the fax number?

I have never stayed at CS resort, but I'm considering changing my bounce back in July 2018 to CS. I could only afford a standard room, so how long would the walk be to the food court? We generally use our refillable mugs quite often. Any suggest on which section(s) I should request?
What do you all love about the resort?
Are there any negatives?
The trip will be me, by 65 year old mother, my 16 yr old son and 13 yr old daughter.
Thanks in advance for your help
You can refill your mug at El Centro and the main pool also. If you request Rancho's you will be close to the pool. You can also jump on the bus and ride around to El Centro to refill mugs. Then you will only be walking one way to your room. Honestly I thought the walks were not all that bad, but now that I'm resigned to riding an ECV..... I will stay anywhere on property as long as it is ground floor.

Joining the thread as we were able to book a stay at CSR for March with the new discount! Wanted POR but we were able to stay an extra night and still keep it cheaper at CSR. SO! I know nothing about this place XD Going to start skimming back through the 300+ pages. We've only ever stayed on property one other time before which was at AKL so I'm looking forward to experience something new :)

Hi! We are booked at CSR in April...wanted to get a reservation on the books but plan to call back and inquire about available deals over the coming months. So....wondering about the discount you refer to. Something specific you heard about? or that you were told by reservations just started? Maybe I missed something or didn't ask the right questions!

Hi! We are booked at CSR in April...wanted to get a reservation on the books but plan to call back and inquire about available deals over the coming months. So....wondering about the discount you refer to. Something specific you heard about? or that you were told by reservations just started? Maybe I missed something or didn't ask the right questions!

We booked the room only + visa discount. They also released Stay, Play and Dine this morning although the dates are technically "early winter" deals and only run through 3/10 and then 4/14.

We're booked for 4 nights in February with the S,P,D deal! We're seasoned WDW visitors but this trip will be full of new things - never stayed at CSR before, never had the dining plan before, and never been in February before! We are booked in a preferred room - I was reading through posts but can't seem to find an update. Are buildings 1-3 renovated yet?

Thanks so much for this thread! it is so helpful!

We just upgraded to CSR for Easter week with the Visa Discount too! We stayed here once about 10 years ago in 9B and it was amazing - we normally can't afford to upgrade out of the Value. I found the resort quiet and relaxing when we were there last. Great bus service and easy walking grounds. With all adults going this trip the queen beds will be awesome!!!!

Joining here to keep track of construction also curious on the drink station at the pool. We are on dining plan so want to be able to take advantage of those mugs

So I just booked CSR for my spring break trip with a friend and her 16 year old son. This will be everyone's first stay at the resort and the 16 year old's first time at Disney, so I'm hoping to make it full of magic.

I was hoping someone could confirm if we could get a fold away bed/cot from the front desk. Understandably the 16 year old doesn't want to share a bed with his mom and I feel bad making him sleep on the floor.

So I just booked CSR for my spring break trip with a friend and her 16 year old son. This will be everyone's first stay at the resort and the 16 year old's first time at Disney, so I'm hoping to make it full of magic.

I was hoping someone could confirm if we could get a fold away bed/cot from the front desk. Understandably the 16 year old doesn't want to share a bed with his mom and I feel bad making him sleep on the floor.

Cots are not available. Whenever we have this situation, we bring/ship down an air mattress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter